(S3) Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Fred Limbo, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

2. Shnoogans10

Shnoogans10 Walk On

Just cant help but wonder what went wrong for The WildCats. Washington ran all over NU with Jesse Callier gaining 207 yards and 5 touchdowns, and with 16 out of 20 passes completed the WU offense imposed their will upon NU. The game started on a bad note with NU's first possession seemed promising until a INT turned the momentum in WU's favor early on. Down 28 to 3 is all but over for the Wildcats. The Husky offense was just too overpowering and chewed up the clock while never allowing NU into the endzone until late in the 4th, and by then it was 42 to 3. "Mac has really got that team working in the right direction, We were out played and out coached on the field today. We never could step up and make in big plays on either side of the ball nor could we stop them from doing anything. I feel my play calling was a bit too predictable and we made some bad decisions on the field passing wise" said Mosley. After what seemed to be a great start to the season for NU has become very mediocre and the rumors about Mosley putting out coaching applications have began surfacing.

3. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

4. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

THE SALT LAKE TRIBUNE
    The Utes fell just short of an upset at Stanford on Saturday, literally stalling at the 2 yard line. "We just couldn't get the ball into the endzone when it mattered the most" coach Wayers told us after the game, "Stanford is a very good football team and they showed why they are the number 2 team in the country." Utah's QB Tyler Shreeve had a solid game going 17 of 29 for 272 yards with no touchdowns, which hurt the most being the last pass of the game was incomplete in the endzone. "I just couldn't get that last pass where it needed to be, Stanford has a great pass rush and they made me hurry my throw" Shreeve said. Stanford's pass rush was pretty good, getting to the Utah QB 3 times with plenty of knockdowns. Also Stanford's ground game was pretty good against Utah, rushing 18 times for 109 yards and 1 touchdown. "Well we are going to hit practice hard this week and fix some mistakes we made during the game and get ready for Arizona next week" coach Wayers said.

Game Stats

Tyler Shreeve RATING-137.4 COMP-17 ATT 29 YARDS-272 TD-0 INT-0 COMP%-58

Beau Burton ATT-17 YARDS- 38 AVG-2.2 TD-2

Fatu Moala REC-5 YARDS-73 TD-0
    David Webb REC-4 YARDS-113 TD-0

• Like Like x 1
  5. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Was hoping Utah could pull off the win...need help in the northern pac 12 as UW does not play the Cardinal....good game though

6. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

Yeah I was super disappointed I couldn't pull off the upset. I was down 14 with 4 minutes left, I managed to score 1 TD then get the ball back and drove all the way down the field to the 2 yard line and couldn't get in. My cornerbacks aren't the best so it was kind of hard to play defense, then Stanford's RB is a beast, nobody on my team could tackle him. Just a quick question do I post my recruits for you to put them in a table or do I have to put them in a table?

7. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Go to this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...EJVWnNKSDJKVGRVekN3ckh2SUluZ3c&hl=en_US#gid=0

If you can post your bio at the Meet the Coaches Thread...good so other coaches know something about you

8. Stiffysix

Stiffysix WAR DAMN EAGLE

9. Stiffysix

Stiffysix WAR DAMN EAGLE

i am still having trouble with this and getting everything on there i want on there. i am trying though. i'll get it with time.
    GO LSU!!!!!!

10. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

A written report is ok...send me a PM with how I can help

11. titangator

titangator Walk On

Florida defeats Vanderbilt 38 to 14

Florida improved their record to 8-1 on the season with a 38 to 14 victory over SEC East foe Vanderbilt. Coach Hickerson wasn't completely happy after the game however, "We played with no energy a majority of the game, no passion, no fire. Careless. If we do that this week, who is to say we won't do it next week? You can't do that in this league, heck in any league, and plan on winning," said Hickerson. Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel went 11 of 18 for 135 yards and a touchdown, also threw 1 interception. Senior tailback Mack Brown had 104 yards on 15 carries whil backup Trey Burton had 55 yards on 12 carries, but he added 3 touchdowns. "The defense played great, we can at least say that, I think we have one of the best defenses in the country, they will keep us in games every week, but we gotta figure it out on offense. I know we scored 38 points, had a decent amount of yardage, blah blah, but we just have no rhythm and rhyme to our offense right now, very unorganized, we just kind of go out there and play, and we need to get that corrected really soon, we have no offensive identity right now," said Hickerson in his closing remarks.

12. ptown27

ptown27 Walk On

13. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Wisconsin Routs Purdue In Uneven Matchup

[​IMG]

Coming off of Wisconsin's last dominating win over a Top 10 team(Week 8 vs Alabama), they came out flat against a weaker opponent. This time, Wisconsin was returning home after a dominating performance over previously #2 Ohio State and needed to avoid a similar fate against a decent Purdue team. That ended up not being the case as Wisconsin came out and just demolished the Boilermakers.

It didn't start great though. Wisconsin got the ball first and drove down the field but got held up inside of Purdue's 10 and were forced to kick a FG. Then on Purdue's possession, they moved down the field quickly and scored a TD for a 7-3 lead. Badger QB Jon Budmayr would then take the game over. The balanced attack kept Purdue on their heels as Wisconsin would run away to a 31-10 lead. The 2nd half wasn't too much different even once Wisconsin brought their backups in. It was just a total mismatch and Wisconsin would go on to win 55-10.

Players of the Game: We'll give it to the entire Badger defense. Purdue average less than 1 yard per carry. There was nothing they could do to run the ball.

Upcoming: Wisconsin stays home to host an improved Indiana team. They're 1 win away from making their 1st bowl game since 2007.