S3: Week 12 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by controllerabuser, Dec 16, 2011.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Post in here

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Vikings Turn to Ivory
    Chris Ivory leads the Vikings to a victory over the 49ers, 24-21.
    [​IMG]
    The Vikings were on a 2 game losing streak and traveled to Candlestick park to face off with the San Francisco 49ers. Things did not look pretty for the Purple and Gold as they were on the their way to a 3rd straight loss. Christian Ponder continued to struggle with throwing 2 interceptions and the Vikings were without AP again.
    The Vikings defense buckled down and played hard against the run. 49ers QB wasn't exactly on par despite throwing no interceptions and 2 touchdowns. After a 61 yard bomb to Ted Ginn Jr., the Vikings would go on a 17-0 run to finish the game.
    With about 19 seconds left and the clock running, the Vikings would come to the line. Christian Ponder had been beaten up on the field, throwing 2 interceptions and sacked 7 times. With no timeouts, we called a bomb. The 49ers cornerback covering Jordy Nelson made the mistake of pressing him. Nelson would shrug him off and find himself wide open with the safety too far off. Ponder would heave it to Nelson. Ponder's throw wasn't pretty and almost went out of bounds. Nelson would grab it though and made it into the end zone putting the Vikings on top to break the losing streak and hopefully put a spark into this team.
    The story of the game was Chris Ivory getting the call over Toby Gerhart. Ivory sliced the 49ers defense for 128 yards on 20 carries for 1 touchdown and really proved to be a great pickup for the Vikings' offense.

3. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Cimmy24 - any reason you ran it up on me?

4. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

he doesn't like you...lol jk, but it's been happening quite a bit from what I've noticed (not from cimmy, but in general)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Build a team that can stop me, or, grow a set and replay me when we D/C only at the start of the 2nd. :)

Next time I will get to a score that makes you feel ok and text you to make sure, then just punt the ball after I kneel it 3 times.

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

DrunkenSoldier was ready to put on the gloves with me when I kneeled and punted to him when up 28. I don't know what to do anymore! Lol

7. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    If there is an issue you need to pm me. We do not use the forums this way

8. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    There's been a few instances. But I think it is minor compared to some of the other things that happen. I have been addressing them.

9. BG

BG On The Rize!

TOUGH RIVALRY.........
    The Jets and Dolphins put on a Show!
    [​IMG]
    Miami- Despite a lop-sided win in their first meeting, The Jets knew this game would be no cake walk! The first half saw the Jets take 14 point lead at the half on two short yardage runs from HB Jonathan Stewart, but that lead would be short lived as the Dolphins got an offensive spark from HB Daniel Thomas. His 3rd quarter td rush would cut the lead to 7 with practically the entire half to play. The Jets next possession would eat up nearly 4 minutes of the third quarter and was capped off with a 6yd td run from Octvious Hardy. The Jets would lead by 14 with one quarter remaining.
    The Dolphins, however, just wouldn't quit. On a third and long play the offense coordinator for the Dolphins dialed up a screen play which The Jets played perfectly, but forgot to make the tackle as Thomas would bully through 2 would be tacklers in route to a 65 yard pass and catch. The lead against was reduced to 7 with a little over 4 min to go.
    The Jets would go 3 and out on their possession and would have to put the ball away. Miami had one last opportunity to tie the game, but all that was taken away with a late int from Mr. reliable, Darelle Revis to seal The Dolphins fate. The win gives The Jets 10 on the season to just 1 defeat. Next up, The Cardinals of Arizona come to town!
    24-14 Jets

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  10. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Wow dude.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Relax cimmy. Let's take it to pm

12. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    That was unnecessary Cimmy.

@bobjr0526

You should just delete both their posts and work it out in a PM before this blows up.

13. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Kansas City Wins in the Clutch
    [​IMG]\ ​
    It was a defense of battle and Denver Colorado. Kansas City came into the game trying a new quarterback Ricky Stanzi. A couple big plays from him in this game would prove to be critical. The first score of the game would be put on the board by the Chiefs. Stanzi would throw to Dexter McCluster and he would run 24 yards to the end zone and make this score 7-0 Chiefs. That would be the last score for the Chiefs till the fourth quarter. The Broncos Mark Sanchez would hit his favorite target of the game Virgil Green for a 13 yard touchdown. This score would tie the game at seven a piece. On a drive before the half Denver would manage to drive all the way down the field with 8 seconds left the Chiefs defense would stuff Mereno at the one-yard line and make the Broncos settle for field-goal. This stop would prove to be critical in this game. This score at halftime Broncos 10 Chiefs 7.

There would be no scores in the third quarter but there was another big play made by the Chiefs as the defense would intercept Mark Sanchez and the end zone to stop them cold. In the fourth quarter once again the defense would hold strong with less than 2 min. left and forced a punt. Ricky Stanzi would shine in this final drive as in the end Stanzi would throw deep to Jon Baldwin and he would bring it down in the end zone to give the Chiefs the 14-10 win over the Broncos.

• Like Like x 1
  14. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

great game man. I watched that reply of the TD catch, and it went off Champ Bailey's hands! Those losses stay with you for a bit, but luckily I'll get a shot at redemption in KC in two weeks! :)

15. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

16. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

[​IMG]
    Titans Defeat Patriots 20-7

Titans would play yet another game in the sloppy rain. The rain was pouring down as the Titans and Patriots would take the field. This game would look like on paper that of a game that was going to be highly explosive. With the Patriots throwing and the Titans running. Instead the game started off with a fumble from Patriots running game and a 3 and out from Jake Locker. The crowd would become very unpleasing and scratching their heads especially after they finished the first quarter 0-0. The game would see it's first score in the game from a nice one handed interception from Shawn Phillips and taking it back to the house for 6 with under 1:54 left in 1st half. Shortly after Patriots would push the ball down the field and scored a TD with 38 seconds left. So with 7-7 the Titans would get the ball on the 19 and 3 timeouts to work the ball down the field. On the first play Chris Johnson takes off down the field for a 81 yard TD as he follows his blockers to perfection. The Titans would get the ball back after half and made a punishing drive killing 4 and a half mins of clock and finishing it with a FG after a great goal line stand from the Patriots. Titans would continue great D to finish the game. Coach said, 'turnovers always win the game in some form, ours was that pick 6, and the other 2 ints Brady threw, we forced some bad throws and got Brady running around'
    GG Hal

• Like Like x 1