S3 Week 13 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Crumbler81, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Orange Lose...Again
    Drop Another Close One vs Top 25 Opponent
    Syracuse once again jumped out to an early lead against a heavily favored, but fell victim to a few miraculous plays eventually to #25 Rutgers by 6. Late in the 1st, QB Kasey Nichols connected with WR Jeremiah Kobena on an 84-yard bomb to take an early 7-0 lead, but Rutgers would take their first lead on a 27-yard FG with just 2:13 left in the half. The Orange would answer back and seemed to take all the momentum into the half after a 3-yard TD run by HB Mario Washington, but the Knights would take a 3-point lead instead after a very controversial ruling on their Hail Mary attempt as time expired. A Syracuse defender appeared to punch the ball out at the last second to make the pass incomplete, but officials ruled it as a fumble which was recovered by Rutgers in the end zone. Clearly affected by the end of the 1st Half, the Orange could only muster a TD in the 2nd Half after Rutgers built a commanding 27-14 lead.
    Next, Syracuse hosts their fellow cellar dwellers in the South Florida Bulls.
    ScreenHunter_378 Dec. 06 16.18.jpg
    Rutgers
    QB Gary Nova - 19/27, 297 YDS, 2 INT
    HB Jawan Jamison - 20 RUSH, 140 YDS, TD, 5 REC, 80 YDS
    WR Brandon Coleman - 3 REC, 109 YDS
    Syracuse
    QB Kasey Nichols - 14/25, 221 YDS, 2 TD
    HB Mario Washington - 14 RUSH, 71 YDS, TD, 2 REC, 4 YDS
    WR Jeremiah Kobena - 7 REC, 145 YDS, 2 TD
    SS Shu Mungwa - 5 TKLS, 2 INT

2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Dang Crumbler. Whats up? Is your D just not able to play the full 4 quarters?

3. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

LOL I don't know, their really inconsistent. But I think this was one of those games that you just can't win :(

I was so pissed when they gave them that Hail Mary at the end of the half, and later in the 3rd they got a pick in the end zone after one of their LB made a superhuman play to tip the pass.