S3: Week 14 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by controllerabuser, Dec 21, 2011.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Wildcard Implications
    Vikings knock off the Falcons at home, 24-21.
    [​IMG]
    WR Calvin Dinwiddie #18 from Boston College
    The Falcons met up with the Minnesota Vikings in a game that could very well have determined a wildcard spot in the playoffs. I believe we haven't beaten the Falcons in 3 seasons. It took a lot to get the job done. Turnovers is what kept us in the ball game. The Vikings had a great 1-2 punch with Ivory and Gerhart. Ivory gained 78 yards on 20 carries with a TD while Toby spelled him 5 times for 22 yards and push through TD. The play of the game came on a 3rd and 6 or 7 with the Vikings up 4, 17-13. Calvin Dinwiddie would beat his man and Christian Ponder threw the ball right when he broke as he was hit. It had to be the best throw all game and it had to be perfect. Dinwiddie grabbed it and outran the Falcons for a 78 yard TD. I can't even explain how big this game was!
    Great game G_T_G

2. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Fuckin post routes.

GG

3. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:

• Like Like x 3
  4. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

Jaguars force 6 ints, Upset Browns 19-13
    [​IMG]
    Derek Cox forced 2 ints against the Browns.
    The Jags came into this game wanting to prove that they still weren't giving up on their season and they did just that today. Taking heat from Jacksonville fans, Coach Wayers stuck with his decision to start Dennis Dixon instead of Blaine Gabbert. Dixon who hadn't started a game all year played well for the Jags going 12 for 22 with 147 yards and 1 touchdown with no interceptions. But the big story of this game was the Jaguar's defense. They forced 6 interceptions on Tony Romo, who is 3rd in the NFL in passer rating. "We just wanted to mix up our coverages and not get too predictable and it payed off", Derek Cox said who led the team with 2 interceptions. "Cleveland is a very good football team with a great quarterback, but we were able to get the best of them today", Coach Wayers said after the game. When asked how he plans on playing out the rest of the season all he could say is "You play to win the game".
    Untitled.png

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  5. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

[​IMG]
    Titans Defense Wins the Game 21-10​
    As the story goes 'Defense wins championships!' well let's not get ahead of ourselves. Titans Defense has landed them to the playoffs 2 years in a row losing in the first round. This year Titans have clinched and fighting for a spot in the first round bye. This could be huge for them, so with the team fired up in this game trying to get the first round bye they came out on the very first play of possession and forced an interception by Barrett Ruud. Turnovers were the key to this game as Titans won that 5-0. QB Jake Locker met DE Mckenize way too much today, he admits that 'their probably isn't anyone in the league to shut him out for a whole game'. McKenzie was forcing bad decisions but never a turnover. Coach said Jake Locker adapted well, took some sacks and got rid of some, he played smart kept the ball in our arms and let the stars do work. Colston caught a comeback route shaked a defender and was off to the races. The running game set this up as they were bringing a house blitz. CJ is well on his way to 2,000 yards the D is well on route for playoffs. This time of season is when you need to get pieces going together well. Offense is continuing to be the impact point in the coaches practices. They seem to have found something that works as they are now at an 8 game winning streak. ​

6. controllerabuser

For real?

7. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

[​IMG]

8. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Giants defeat Cowboys 34-31 on late field goal to move to the top of the NFC East. Bradshaw and Mays rushed for 133 yards each in the win, controlling the ball and the clock. The Giants are now in a battle with the Carolina Panthers for the #2 seed in the NFC.

Sorry this isn't better. If Bob hasn't informed ya'll or if you haven't seen on aim chat, I am without my computer and frankly have too much shit going on right now. I should be back to doing better summaries and being more active on the boards starting this weekend. Sorry for any inconvenience.

With that being said, keep up the good pace guys. We're doing a great job moving along. Things will likely slow down a little bit over the Holiday weekend but do not get discouraged. HK is still the BEST madden league on TSO.

Remember to keep your emotions in check, this goes for every one person in the league. We are a great group of guys and what makes this league great is the level of competition we have with one another. We all strive to win, but we need to remember losing happens too. I consider a good majority of you guys friends, which is something we need to remember. We're all buddies here on HK, adding new guys to the mix every now and then. This is a video game, life is more important. Bob and the rest of TSO is doing us a great service by allowing this league to happen on this website. Internally, the league is moved along by just about everyone. This takes a lot of hands to keep it moving at this pace and to continue to have the interest.

So guys, just enjoy it. Enjoy having an escape. Enjoy having good friendly rivalries and 20 some other guys to play one of your favorite video games with. You can't win every game, you can't win every play.

Also, if I am unable to do so before or during, or get a text out to you...enjoy your Holidays. Spend the time with your family and loved ones, or just enjoy having another day. Those things are the most important.

• Like Like x 2
  9. controllerabuser

No, I just want to know why he wrote that.

10. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

lol

11. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I just meant I can't believe I got beat on the post route to Dinwiddie. I knew that's who you were going to and still couldn't stop it.

No disrespect lol - like I said after the game, the game just hates me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. controllerabuser

Cool, I understand. It was a great play. I figured that's what you meant.

13. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

[​IMG]
    Denver Broncos 24 - Kansas City Chiefs 3
    Kansas City, MO

The Broncos came into Kansas City, wanting to avenge their loss to the Chiefs at home just a few weeks back, and they came inspired to play. The Broncos opened up the scoring in the 1st quarter on a Matt Prater 45 yard FG to make it 3-0, and on the 1st drive of the 2nd quarter, KC tied it up on a 37 yard FG by Ryan Succop, and that was all for Kansas City the rest of the day. Denver took the next drive down the field and ran it in with Moreno from 8 yards out to make it 10-3. After forcing a Kansas City 3-and-out on the next drive, Denver got the ball back just outside of the 2-minute warning deep in their own teritory. After a few conservative calls, the Broncos opened it up a bit and marched down the field on their way to another Moreno TD run, this time from 5 yards out, and that made the score at halftime, 17-3 Broncos.
    The 2nd half was quite bland, the Chiefs threw an INT on the first drive, and the Broncos took over from their side of the field. Moreno got them down to the Chiefs goalline, but it was Fred Jackson who punched it in this time for a 3 yard TD run to make it 24-3. The Chiefs would drive, however they were stalled and were just short of converting a 4th down at the Denver 10 yard line, and from there, the Broncos would run out the clock, keeping their lead in the AFC West safe for now.

Stats:

Passing:
    M. Sanchez (DEN) - 16/20 for 218 yards
    R. Stanzi (KC) - 11/19 for 153 yards 1 INT

Rushing:
    K. Moreno (DEN) - 23 for 133 yards 2 TD's
    M. Tolbert (KC) - 6 for 23 yards

Receiving:
    V. Green (DEN) - 5 for 50 yards
    E. Royal (DEN) - 2 for 41 yards
    D. Bowe (KC) - 3 for 83 yards
    S. Breaston (KC) - 3 for 36 yards

Player of the Game:
    Knowshon Moreno

good game pitt4life21

14. BG

BG On The Rize!

RIVALRY RENEWED!!!
    Jets force turnovers in second half to win 21-3!
    [​IMG]
    The New York Jets may have found some continuity against a very solid Indianapolis team. FA QB Kyle Orton did wow the stat column, but he did something a Jet QB has failed to do all season.......and thats not have multiple turnovers in a game. He did throw 1 int, but the coach tok the blame for that one as he made and inadvertent read which lead to the bad decision. The first three quarters went back and forth as neither offense could sustain drives. We jump ahead to the fourth quarter with the Jets leading 7-3 but the Colts were on the move. Needing a stop, The Jets decide to blitz which almost cost them because The colts picked it up nicely. However, Indy QB, C. Hortsman chose the wrong man to pick on as Darrelle Revis went down low to intercept the pass. The play was reviewed, but the call on the field was upheld; ending potential points for the Colts.
    After a couple of three and outs, The Jets would get the ball deep in their own territory. On the very first play, rookie sensation, HB Octvious Hardy would find the smallest of creases and dash 89 yds to pay dirt. Now down 11 with very little time remaining, The COlts had to go to pass mode, which bolded well for the Jets who lead The League in ints. Recently signed Safety, Kareem Moore would jump a Hortsman pass attempt and take it untouched 46 yds for the score. Next up, a battle for the best record in the league against the St. Louis Rams
    GG ND!

15. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Patriots Win 2 In A Row For The 1st Time This Season
    [​IMG]
    dolphins1.png
    dolphins2.png
    With the playoffs out of reach, the Patriots are just playing for pride and are hoping to look respectable for the rest of this season. This week they traveled down to Miami to face the Dolphins. The Dolphins started the season strong but have started to fall off and that's exactly how this game went. The Dolphins were on fire but were unable to get the ball into the end zone. They jumped out to a 9-0 lead while the Patriots were struggling. Then the momentum shifted as the Patriots took control offensively and defensively rattling off 28 unanswered points for a 28-9 victory.​
    Upcoming: The Patriots travel to Houston to face the Texans. The Texans are one of the worst teams in the NFL this season so the Patriots will be looking to get their 3rd straight victory and move to 5-9.​

• Like Like x 1