S3: Week 17 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by controllerabuser, Dec 27, 2011.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Jul 6, 2009
    The Run Continues
    Chris Ivory runs over the Rams, giving the Vikings their 11th win, 21-3.
    The Minnesota Vikings would meet up with the St. Louis Rams at Mall of America field in a rematch of last year's NFC Championship game. Last year, the Vikings were able to hold the Rams to 3 points. They did the same this time except managed to score some touchdowns this go around. Christian Ponder would manage the game well by not throwing it nowhere near the Rams' defenders. Unfortunately, he might have played a little too conservative. He was 11-14 for only 99 yards passing but no interceptions. He threw a beautiful deep pass to a wide open Jordy Nelson who had just burned his defender. The ball floated in the air and Jordy didn't even attempt to go for the ball. The defender was about 10 yards behind him. It left the offensive coordinator disgusted. However, Chris Ivory would take it to the house on the next play from scrimmage. Ivory finished the day with 178 yards on 20 carries for 3 touchdowns. Antoine Winfield and Justin Tryon picked off Sam Bradford and the Vikings defense as a unit smothered the Rams offense only giving up 223 yards total offense. A big key to this game was Chris Kluwe's 3 punts inside the 10, 2 of them inside the 4.
    Since the Vikings have featured Chris Ivory as their main back with the Injury to AP, our record has been 7-0. In those 7 games, Ivory has rushed for 832 yards on 115 carries. He has been our team's MVP for the year. Without him, we probably wouldn't have won the North or made the playoffs.

2. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

Jul 1, 2011
    Titans are Ready for the Playoffs!

Titans Win Big at Home 38-14

Titans lock up the first round bye and put themselves into a spot for the chance to get 1st seed. Today's game was won in a dominant fashion as Titans put up 489 yards on offense with 276 rushing and 213 passing. Jake Locker played flawless today, he went 10/11 225 yards 3 TDs earning him his first ever Player of the game, he was asked if he was going to celebrate a great performance, his reply 'I always celebrate when we win, but i'm not going to do anything different because I won the player of the game award, hands down my passing was formed from Chris Johnson' Locker had a bomb at the end of the half that connected with Britt as he took off for a TD. This play changed the game around going into half as Titans would take a 17-7 lead getting the ball at the start of the half. One of his others came on a playaction pass play to Colston and he outran the team for a TD. The yards came on those 2 plays but coach was impressed with the 91% completion. If we can continue flawless play from Jake then we are ready for the playoffs. Oh and to cap this Chris Johnson broke 2500 yards in a single season. He ran for 143 yards on 12 carries and a TD while Javon Ringer ran 125 yards on 11 carries and a TD. Our offensive line have been run blocking well all year long. Need to continue this is we plan on doing anything in round 2 of playoffs.
  3. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

Oct 17, 2011
    Jags Finish the Season on a High Note, Beat Colts in Season Finale
    Maurice Jones-Drew rushed for 160 yards and 2 touchdowns in a victory against the Colts on Sunday.
    The Jacksonville Jaguars finished the season in a winning fashion after a disappointing season. The beat their rival Colts 27-13 on Sunday. "We had a rough season in my first year as coach, a lot of injuries, rookie mistakes, and the birth of a new star on offense", Coach Wayers said, "but I'm proud of this team on how we finished this season on a 4 game winning streak and I'm looking forward to the offseason".