S3: Week 3 San Diego Chargers Vs Oakland Raiders

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Kidofcrash23, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Raiders Shut Out Division Rival Chargers 30-0

Division Rival San Diego Chargers visit Oakland in this week 3 match with the Raiders coming off a win at 2-0 and the Chargers trying to keep pace coming in at 1-1. The elements looked to play a key role today as the forecast was rainy and muddy, should be an advantage for two of the top running backs in the league.

With the Chargers receiving the ball first, the Raiders defense was able to put a stop near midfield to halt the opening drive by the Chargers. Pryor and Dmac took over most of the quarter as the Raiders offense controlled much of the block behind running the football and Pryor precision passing. With the weather being wet, the Pryor did have some issues with his receivers dropping the ball throughout the game. Pryor was still able to overcome on the Raiders opening drive and getting the Raiders down to the 1 yard line which ended up with a 1 yard DMAC plunge for a TD to put the Raiders up 7-0. The Raiders were able to get a stop on the Chargers next possession and the Raiders captilized again driving the field for a FG giving the Raiders a 10-0 lead going into the 2nd quarter. The Raiders defense continued to stuff Matthews and holding him to short gains and also playing great pass defense at the same time. Rivers had troubled getting into a rhythm missing on some receivers and without Matthews being effective, drive after drive, the Chargers offense stalled. The Raiders added a FG and subsequently put together another scoring drive finished with a 24 yard pass to Senat to give the Raiders a 20-0 lead. Near the end of the 2nd, finally, the Chargers got the ball rolling and was able to put together a long drive to get inside the 5 yard dline of the Raiders, but with only 5 seconds left in the half, the Chargers made the decision to go for it instead of kicking the fg and Rivers took too long and threw the ball back of the endzone, the score remained 20-0 at halftime.

The 2nd half wasn’t all that different and much worse for the Chargers. Dmac broke a 46 yard TD run which was the 2nd of the day for him to give the Raiders a 27-0 lead in the 3rd. Dmac finished the game with close to 150 yards and 2 TDs. Rivers who had protected the ball well most of the 1st half unraveled throwing multiple picks and lost a fumble. He finished with 5 picks, one lost fumble, and sacked five times. Falling behind quickly and the offense sputtering, Rivers seemed to force some throws resulting in turnovers. The Raiders go into their early bye week 3-0 and in control of the division early on.

gg Danny

2. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

If any team is forced to throw against this stout Raiders defense you might as well throw in the towel. With the fastest secondary in the league and disgustingly good user skills by Kidofcrash23 you don't want to get behind against him! If he senses a pass he will intercept it! So, since I couldn't establish the run I had no chance. Kidofcrash23 has had my number for the past 3 seasons and I will do everything possible to get a W against him the next time we play later this season. I have to hand it to him, I have never been close to being shut-out and he played great defense like always. Is it just me Kidofcrash23, or is it always raining when we match up?

3. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Aren't you bored with DMC? You should trade him to the Saints!

4. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I think it has rained half the time we played because we usually play early in the season, for some reason, rain games are early in season from my experience. I would think rain shoudl be later in the season.

5. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Dont think i can ever get bored with a guy who rumbles like him, only issue with his during some point in the season, he will fumble in masses for a few games and then be back to normal. 1st season, i think he had 11 fumbles all happening in a span of like 5 games. Last season, he had 0 because i bumped his carry rating from 80 to 90+ through the first half of the year and then fumbles 7 times in like 3 games then stopped fumbling. It gets quite annoying.

6. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    At least he doesn't get hurt by Week 6 like he does in real life. ;)

7. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I got his injury rating above 90 i think, at least at 90, i believe he was in the high 60s or low 70s when i started. I just xp'd his carry and injury rating and nothing else. He did get hurt 1st play in the playoffs against the chargers season 1 though and out for playofs, that sucked.

8. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Spend the 10k on consistency, and get it up to at least a 3...this will put an end to your stretches of bad games. I've quickly realized how important consistency and hot/cold streaks are on this game!

• Like Like x 1