S3 Week 3 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jbbubba, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

Here!

2. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

-ASSOCIATED PRESS, CINCINNATI

What appeared to be a blowout in the making when the schedules came out turned into a slick upset by the underdogs. Cincinnati fended off Iowa State as they squeaked by, 21-18, for their first victory of the season. Jamaal Poteat again carried the team, rushing for 135 yards and 2 touchdowns off of 19 attempts and enabling the Bearcats to start on the path towards the Big East Conference Championship.

"That man can move," reminisced Danny Lauronitis, the Cincinnati head coach. "That 72 yard rush really helped us put the game in our hands in terms of the end result. Going up by two scores that early in the game really allowed us to put the pressure on the Cyclones right away. Dwight Jackson's forced fumble that was recovered at our one yard line with Iowa State driving really turned the momentum in our favor. Without that key play, we probably would have been on the losing end of this matchup."

Cincinnati looks to reach 2-1 against a fearless Toledo team that won the MAC Championship last season.

-AP

Great game to ISU, he played his heart out!

3. Juicemann03

Juicemann03 Walk On

I appreciate Cyhiphop for carving up that duck...I appreciated it so much i had to stop by and get me a plate of leftovers.....
    Oregon.PNG Oregon 2.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  4. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On