S3 Week 4

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by yogibear, Mar 6, 2013.

1. yogibear

yogibear Walk On

Patriots 27 v. Dolphins 30

This week 4 game between division rivals NE and MIA was a real nail biter. The game started out in what has become typical Dolphin style, an interception by Tannehill on the opening play from scrimmage. Fortunately for the Dolphins they were able to hold the Patriots to a fieldgoal after this disastrous start. On the following Dolphin drive they were able to tie the game at 3 - 3 to end the first quarter.

In the second quarter the Dolphins' defense was its' normal porous self allowing the Patriots to score on a 10yd td pass from Mallet to Gronkowski, and then later giving up a 30 yd fieldgoal; to give the Patriots a ten point lead. Luckily the offense was able to drive the Dolphins down the field to the 5yd line before getting stuffed 3 times and having to settle for a 22yd field goal with 5 seconds left in the quarter for a halftime score of Patriots 13 - Dolphins 6.

The third quarter was a slow grinding affair; with the Patriots scoring on a 19yd pass to Slaton with 4:23 left in the quarter, and the Dolphins once again managing a late fieldgoal with 22 seconds left in the quarter. Patriots 20 - Dolphins 9.

By the time the 4th quarter started, the Dolphin fans were sure they had seen this story before, another Dolphins' loss. To the startled surprise of the Dolphin faithful, the team actually showed some life (Dr. Frankenstien - it's alive!!! it's ALIVE!!!). The Dolphins were able to actually get some defensive stops in this quarter; allowing them to claw their way back into the game. Tannehill completed a 18yd touchdown pass to Fleener with 5:56 left in the game. On the following Patriots' drive CB Vontae Davis (last year's only bright spot) intercepted Mallet on the Patriots' half of the field, and the Dolphins scored a Bush 1yd TD run. The Dolphins had their first lead of the season [NE 20 - MIA 27]. The joy of having a lead though was short lived as the Patriots completed a 76yd drive to tie the game at 27 -27 with 41 seconds left. The Dolphins let the clock run out after there first 2 plays from scrimmage netted -2yds.

The Patriots won the coin toss and chose to receive the ball to start the overtime. Once again the Dolphins Defense shut down (cough, cough... thanks to a fortunate 31yd intentional grounding penalty) the Patriots offense. With a short field, the Dolphins Managed to get the ball to the Patriots 20yd line; with a missed tackle on a swing pass to the fullback. After, a couple of running attempts to line up for a fieldgoal (Coach Munde was not going to risk his teams fragile psyche, as well as the teams' first win, by attempting to score a TD) the Dolphins emerged victorious. Final Score Dolphins 30 - Patriots 27.

Notable performances:

NE
    Chris Johnson 186yds/ 20 rush attempts (this guy was a BEAST!).
    Gronkowski 105 yds/ 6rec 1TD

MIA
    Fleener 78yds/5rec 2td
    Vontae Davis 1int

• Like Like x 2
  2. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Good job mang.

3. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Good game summary! When I talked to whoozy11 he was like uh I don't know what happened.... He was saying something about some weird event (I guess it was the intentional grounding call!) that happened at the end of the game but I think he was too shell-shocked to describe it in adequate legible language. Sounds like a real exciting comeback win. tough loss whoozy11 and great comeback yogibear!

4. yogibear

yogibear Walk On

Thanks for the feed back.

5. whoozy11

whoozy11 Walk On

It's been a rough start for the Pats. That's 2-3 OT losses and two by a last second FG. That was the first intentional grounding I've ever had called on me and I'm positive I was outside of the hashes, oh well. Great comeback though yogibear and good luck the rest of the way.

6. yogibear

yogibear Walk On

Thanks. Good luck to you too.