S3, Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Just the annual Sparty-Illini matchup for user games this week. I'd like to stick to the 48 hour advance schedule if at all possible. Next deadline would be 6pm EST Tuesday.

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

are you INSANEEEEEEEEE

Nah but hopefully I can go tuesday

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Don't like the break-neck pace. I know it might sound selfish or something but I do like playing CoD.

That said, I should have no problem playing this within 48 hours.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

1 hour to play your game, the rest to play CoD..

5. Keller

I just prefer the slower pace, I do other things than just play CoD as well.

6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I can't make these advances either, only sometimes. I pry can once school is out

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

Some of you act like u can't make the 3 day advances either. We will go back to three days but if I see people not getting there game in...well...

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Just trying to light the fire here. 3 day advances in my eyes is just a time, id actually like to be done before then but I put the deadlines to be fair.

9. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I'll have mine done this afternoon when I get off work

10. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

#4 Penn State 14
    #20 Northwestern 20

The Wildcats rebounded very nicely after their disappointing loss to Rutgers. Northwestern jumped out to a 17-0 lead at halftime. The Wildcats scored a touchdown on a Drew Moulton 15 yard run with a little over a minute to go in the first half. After a quick three and out, the Wildcats marched the ball down the field and Denard Robinson hit tight end John Plasencia with two seconds to go in the first half. In the second half the Wildcats maintained their lead getting a field goal in the fourth quarter while the defense did just enough in the second half to beat the Nittany Lions.

11. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Arizona 45
    WSU 17

Arizona finally puts one in the win column after two consecutive bye weeks following a loss to NC State. Wazzou put up a fight and actually lead this game for the entire first half, but two defensive TDs and 200 rushing yards later and Arizona had run Wazzou into the ground for a 2nd half blowout. Freshman HB Brady Vaughn had over 100 yards on 12 carries and fellow freshman HB Tyler Thorne added 65 yards on 9 carries. QB Thomas Jack's stats look miserable with 9/24 passing for 174 yards 1TD and 1INT but most of his incompletions can be attributed to WR drops (7) and insane pressure from the Wazzou pass rush.

12. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Rutgers 34
    WVU 24

The Mountaineers put up a good fight in the 1st quarter, as Rutgers found themselves trailing 14-7 going into the second. Rutgers would go on to score 17 unanswered points in the 2nd, and WVU could never regain momentum from that point. The running game was surprisingly shut down by the WVU defense (1.7 ypc), so QB Edwards was heavily relied upon, and ended up having a decent day (17/29 261 yds 2 TDs 1 INT).

13. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    OREGON STATE 27
    STANFORD 22

The Beavers were shorthanded entering the contest against the Cardinal and within four offensive plays from scrimmage found themselves in an even deeper hole as they lost QB Lomax for the rest of the first half with a leg injury. Without their general on offense the Beavers were not able to sustain any offensive momentum. Stanford took complete advantage jumping out to a 22 - 0 lead going into the half. Lomax returned in the third quarter and closed the gap to 22 - 7 on a 2 yard option keeper. In the fourth quarter Oregon State exploded with 20 unanswered points including two Lomax scores, two passing and the game winning QB sweep.

14. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Just Arizona St, UConn, and the user game left for the week.

15. Keller

Capture.JPG
    Terrapins sneak past rival Cavaliers because of missed extra points.

In traditional Maryland fashion, the Terps started out the game immediately down 12-0. Virginia moved the ball at will and if it weren't for the missed extra points we might be having a different conversation this morning. Maryland finally answered late in the first quarter off of a 79 yard dash by the always elusive HB Caleb Porzel.

Virginia again controlled the majority of the 2nd quarter, converting 1st downs and scoring another two touchdowns but missing another extra point. Maryland luckily got the ball back with a minute to play, all timeouts and was able to drive the length of the field and punch in a TD with a 5 yard TD pass from QB Devin Burns to WR Tyrek "cheesypoof" Cheeseboro.

The second half you saw the Terrapins get desperate. Both teams were scoreless in the 3rd quarter leaving the score 25-14 heading into the 4th with the Cavaliers on the move. They were turnover free on the day but luckily the Terp defense stood tall and got a stop. A few plays later QB Devin Burns hits WR Will Hudson on a wheel route in single coverage and the Terps score on the 36 yard beauty of a play. They went for three 4th down conversions in the second half and only converted 1 of them, luckily the conversion led to the final touchdown drive in the 4th quarter to take the lead away, finally, from the Cavaliers. More defense, spurred by the 5 sacks the Terps put up as a team including a late sack by defensive captain LB Darin Drakeford and a powerful rushing attack capped the game off for the Terps, 28-25. The cardiac kids are back, haha.

QB Devin Burns finished 17-31 with 263 yards, 2 TDs and no picks
    RB Caleb Porzel finished with 15 carries for 127 yards and 1 TD, most of the yardage coming on the 79 yard dash
    WR Will Hudson finished with 5 receptions for 111 yards and 1 TD
    DT Darius Kilgo had 2 sacks on the day

Next week the Terps face off against UNC.

16. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Miami - 28
    NC State - 14

And the struggles continue in ACC play for the Wolfpack, who fall to 2-3 on the year. Our defense did a great job holding Miami to field goals early, but in the end when we needed a stop we couldn't get it. HB James Washington was shut down from the get-go, which spelled disaster for NC State. Outside of a 74 yard TD pass and a 20 yard TD pass that was set up with a great punt return, my offense couldn't do anything all game. Down 21-14 late in the 4th, my defense had a chance to give my offense one last drive. But on 3rd and short, Miami's HB burst through the line and ran it 40 yards into my red zone. I had a shot when my safety came from behind and stripped him, but strangely enough (COUGH EA FUCK YOU COUGH) the ball hit the ground, and bounced right back into the RBs arms almost instantaneously, ending my shot at a comeback win.

17. Keller

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll still torch my defense.