S3: Week 7 Denver Broncos vs Oakland Raiders

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Kidofcrash23, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Consecutive Big Plays Propel Raiders to 55-21 Win against Broncos

In this first match up of the season between Division Rivals the Raiders and Broncos, the Raiders look to stay unbeaten while the Broncos try to get back on the winning track. With the Raiders essentially running away with the Division, this gave them an opportunity to push down the competition even further.

The Raider struck first after stopping the Broncos on their initial drive. After a couple of stuffs by the Broncos defense on DMAC, Pryor who had been quiet for most of the season hit DHB for a 66 yard TD pass to give the Raiders a 7-0 lead. Osweiller and the Broncos responded putting together a long drive throught he passing of Osweiller and got within the 5 yard line of the Raiders which resulted in a 3 yd TD pass to Tamme to tie the score. After the Broncos scored, a series of events by the Raiders unfolded with the Dmac on the first play of the next possession sprinted for a 79 yard TD run to give the Raiders a 14-7 lead at the end of the 1st quarter.

Again, the Broncos responded taking advantage of a blitz by the Raiders with Osweiller hitting Caldwell who broke a tackle and sprinted for a 50 yard TD to tie the game. Then on the first play on the next Raider possession, Dmac again hit big with another big run this time a 78 yard TD run to give the Raiders a 21-14 lead. Two consecutive plays for the Raiders, two big TD runs by Dmac. Dmac essentially hit 160 yards rushing on 4 carries at the point. Down seven once again, Osweiller was able to find open holes in the secondary and hit Tamme for another 3 yard TD throw to tie the game 21-21. This game looked to be a classic one with the amount of big plays already and still in the first half, but then the wheels fell off for the Broncos. After the Tamme score, Jacoby Ford took the kickoff return 106 yards for another score for the Raiders to give the Raiders a 28-7 lead. With only a few minutes left in the half, the Broncos offense stalled and the Raiders took over the ball after the punt and again, on the very first play, Pryor hit Ford on a screen and runs it 56 yards for the score to give the Raiders a 35-21 lead at the end of the half. So in the first half, the Raiders scored 3 offensive TDs on three consecutive ran offensive plays and a kickoff return in addition to a 66 yarder at the beginning of the game. Things weren’t looking so good for the Broncos at this point.

In the 2nd half, the Raiders were able to add 2 Fgs in the third quarter to give the Raider a 41-21 lead. Osweiller who had been perfect in the first half throwing for 3 TDs and no picks, didn’t do quite as well in the 2nd half throwing for 5 ints which three were in Raider territory. In the 4th quarter, the score still 41-21, the Raider subbed out Dmac who had 220 yards on 17 carries at that point for Taiwan Jones. Taiwan jones took advantage and hit a 60 yard TD run to essentially put the game away with the Raiders up 48-21 with about 6 minutes in the game. After the Broncos again were stopped, Jones once again ran up the gut for another 60 yard TD a minute after his last big run. With five minutes still left in the game, the Raiders ran out the clock and finished off the Broncos with a final 55-21 score while shutting out the Broncos in the 2nd half.

Video to follow

2. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

oops, can somebody move this to the Game summary forum?

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Soooooo, DMC is on pace for 2848 rushing yards

[​IMG]

4. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

He is, but im not looking to break any records with him. The first season, he was on pace for 2,500 and would of smashed the record, but i benched him for the next 3 or 4 games and ended up with 1,800 and Ryan Matthews won the rushing title i think.

I will do the same thing here, my carries with Dmac isn't even top five i think the last i checked and i am benching him 3rd and 4th quarters if up big. So no, he will not reach 2,800 and i will bench him asap once i confirm playoff seeding like i did year 1 or near 2k yards, whichever comes first.

5. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Whatever the case is, that's a crazy pace in a league of all user games, I've seen your vids so by all accounts you are doing it all the right way. RG3 is on pace to break the passing TD record.

6. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

yes im pretty aware of all the unsim talk about bouncing outside or relying on counters,tosses, and draws and taking it outside of the tackles when not designed, Irun the ball mostly in between the tackles. Also, i think of the six games, 3 times i ran the ball with dmac under 20 times, so i am definitely not carry whoring him.

In any case, it is a high pace, but i know he will have to be benched at some point.

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

After 40 some games in this league, if you weren't sim someone, somewhere would've said so. I haven't heard anything about you, so you should be good.

• Like Like x 2
  8. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I was by no means calling him out and he should feel the need to defend his play at all.

9. dakota7

Yeah, I know. I just wanted to add a little support for kid. No worries bud.

10. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Can't remember who it was, but i once was told that i ran the ball too much inside and it was unsim and i need to mix up inside and outside more. Imagine that.

I did get called out last season for running 85% man, but then i have the video and the % was more 65-35 zone :rolleyes:.

11. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

you disrespect my famiry!

12. dakota7

Haha, I was thinking that after reading your previous post. Run the damn ball outside already!!!:D

13. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    So then if you ended up torching him outside what would be next, run backwards?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Probably lateral more because it is unsim to run inside or outside all the time.

15. dakota7

Double reverses.

16. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

17. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Two things:

1) Great Video! DMC gets the all the love for the Raiders but Jacoby Ford is a beast---never seen so many returns in Madden.

2) Worst music ever.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

how dare you

wait till next one, the music will be awesome

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
    • Like Like x 1