S3 Week 9 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Crumbler81, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Orange Lose Heartbreaker at Pitt
    Fall to 1-5
    The Syracuse defense came up big for the second week in a row forcing 5 turnovers and limiting Pittsburgh to only five 1st Downs. Unfortunately, the Orange were unable to capitalize on their opportunities and could not overcome their own miscues. Syracuse was forced to settle for 2 FGs and only one TD, and QB Kasey Nichols was limited to a dismal 10/21 for 145 yards and an INT. Orange receivers didn't help things much with 7 dropped passes during the game, and the Panthers were able to escape with a 14-13 win after a Mark Butler 38-yard FG attempt fell short as time expired.
    Next week, Syracuse faces #6 Louisville in a rematch of last season's 21-14 loss to the defending National Champs.
    ScreenHunter_216 Nov. 26 11.48.jpg
    ScreenHunter_217 Nov. 26 11.48.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

#3 [​IMG] @ #1 [​IMG]
    Defense Leads Sun Devils to Upset Road Win
    Arizona State leaned on their defense and special teams to take an early 9-0 lead on 3 field goals. The offense was finally able to find the endzone on a 5-yard scoring run by HB Luke Roberts to take a 16-0 lead midway through the second quarter. USC wasn't willling to lay down and give up though, as they took advantage of a blitzing ASU defense and connected on a 47-yard TD pass with 1:23 left in the first half. The Trojan D then stepped up on the first possession of the second half by forcing ASU to go three and out. Unfortunately for USC, the Trojan offense wasn't able to do much more until a fourth quarter touchdown pass and Arizona State went on to win 26-14. The difference in the game came down to ASU winning the turnover battle 4 to 1.
    Next week, the Sun Devils will play host to Oregon State.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

You almost had em man!

4. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Yeah probably would've been different if my receivers could catch or I had a kicker who can make 35+ yard FGs LOL

5. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I feel ya on the kicker.