S3: Week 9

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by Wyrmreaver, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

asurob
    Wilfiger PSU 38
    Riptides
    Selvy9
    GMONEY 15
    Abominatrix
    Automatik
    Five_Fifs
    Jamie
    qclassic 22
    NYsportsfan718

User Games:
    Cal vs Stanford
    USF vs UMass

the new guy has missed almost every advance. I messaged him on XBL to see whats up, but there is a good chance he will get das boot

rip has been MIA, hopefully whatever is going on with him is getting resolved. I'll shoot him a text during regular people hours tomorrow

Next advance will be Tuesday night around 11pm PST - unless all of the user games get done sooner, then I'll advance Monday night, so get your CPU games in

2. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Selvy9, I can play sometime this late afternoon/evening, and every evening this week, so whatever works best for you within those slots is fine.

3. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Let's aim for around 7ish pm central tonight? (Anytime after the Seahawk game ends)

4. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

8PM EST it is!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Five_Fifs u able to play tonight around 10 eastern?

6. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Seahawks win! Alright man, ready when you are, I won't be on the xbox, but send me a message here or on Live and I'll sign on.

7. Five_Fifs

Five_Fifs Walk On

I can play as soon as the falcons game goes off if you are up that late.

8. Wyrmreaver

Selvy9

we are up in week 10..... can you stay up late tomorrow night?

9. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Tomorrow or Thursday night would be better if possible.

10. Wyrmreaver

Wednesday night is great. I'll be on around 10:30 PST

11. Five_Fifs

Five_Fifs Walk On

Big Shout out to Riptides for a hard fought game. I literally came in scared of this game because he's beaten me so badly the past two years. And try as a may, I couldn't p ut this one away until late. I was helped because his receivers dropped about 8 passes. But the determining factor seems to have been my 2nd half run game and all around performance of HB Jordan Broadnax

Massive Victory for UMass

Broadnax steals the day as Minutemen gain inside track to Big East Title

Senior halfback Jordan Broadnax did his best impersonation of a track star Saturday night at Gillette Stadium as UMass defeated conference nemisis South Florida 45-31. For most of the night, Broadnax treated to home crowd **** dazzling display of speed as he accumulated 250 total yards and scored three touchdowns--a 62 yard reception and sprints of 66 and 70 yards.

Sophomore receiver Donte Gaston didn't allow Broadnax to carry the load alone, however. Gaston ********* the first half, collecting several key third conversion and a touchdown on his eight ************** 115 yards. Randy Palmer exercised good judgment and pin point accuracy, throwing his only interception on a pseudo-hail mary attempt near the end of the first half. Palmer's first half performance steadied the Minutemen when the South Florida defense refused to budge against the Minutemen's running game. He threw two of his three touchdowns in the first half to give UMass a 17-14 half time lead.

Generally speaking, UMass ********* the game from the outset, save for its three-and-out to open the game. Still, that does not mean that the there were not scary moments for te UMass crowd when momentum seemed to be reaching out towards the Bulls. For example, the Minutemen's main defensive strategy going into this game was to not let star USF receiver Chris Dunkley beat them and to keep the ball of his hands as much as possible. This included running zone coverages to Dunkley's side of the field, squib kicks on kickoffs and kicking away from him on punts. Still, as the kids would say, Dunkley "got his". With Donte Gaston's second quarter touchdwown catch, the Minutemen ********* **** 14-0 lead. The crowd was electric with the possibility of blowing the game early. And on the first play from scrimmage on USF's ensuing possession, Dunkley took a short curl route 76 yards for a touchdown. He would finish the day with 4 catches for 200 yards and two touchdwons.

UMass would respond with a short drive ending in a Willie Hill field goal to give the Minutemen a two possession cushion with 1:21 left in the half. With the first possession of the second half coming to the Minutemen, Coach W.D. Franklin's team was positioned to take a commanding lead if it was able to stop the Bulls from scoring to end the half. And stop the Bulls, they did. So efficiently so that greed began to creep into Franklin's mind. He called a time out on after the Bulls failed to convert on third down.

"With the way our defense was playing, I really didnt see a legititmate downside to the risk. And if we coud add 3 or 7 more points and then do the same with next possession, I figured we could knock them down for the count. That was my mistake," said Franklin. The mistake he is referring to is poor clock management which resulted in Palmer throwing a hail mary that was picked off and allowing USF quarterback Matt Floy to convert a hail mary of his own to halfback Matthew Chase for a deflating South Florida score, bring the halftime count to 17-14 in favor of UMass.

Still, as has seemingly been bred into UMass' DNA, the Minutemen came into the second half intent on not relinquishing the lead. On a crucial third down, Palmer threw his final touchown of the day to senior receiver Marken Michel, a 56 yarder that extended the lead to 24-14. Likely expecting to ride the wave of momentum it ended the first half with, Michel's touchdown seemed to knock the normally steady and solid Bulls off kilter. Floyd appeared to be pressing and seekling an equally quick response score when he lofted a pass down the left seam into double coverage that was picked off by All-American safety Lance Wilkerson at the UMass 2-yard line. The UMass run game then put the first nail in the coffin, as Broadnax, fullback Randall Holmes, and halfback Darren Darby accounted for every one of the 98 yards on scoring driving culminating in Broadnax's 70 yard scamper, giving UMass an impressive 31-14 lead halfway through the third quarter.

The run game would carry the Minutemen the rest of the way with Holmes ******************** run on a 4th down play in the fourth quarter and Broadnax putting a USF comeback out of reach with his 66 yard score with 2:34 left in the game to provide the margin of victory. Not even Dunkley's second explosive touchdown of the day or a a successful onside kick couldn't shake the Minutmen. And as a reward, the Minutmen have the inside track to its first Big East title , as well as legitimate hopes of a spot in the National Championship game.