S3 WK 1 Chargers @ Steelers

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by XWarriorMonk, Feb 22, 2013.

1. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

Steelers Best Chargers 40-10
    The Steelers hosted the San Diego Chargers in the opening week of the season, Fueled by the fir of last years wild card loss to the Broncos the Steelers came out swinging. Playing tremendous defense, the Steelers we able to put the Chargers offense in numerous tough situations. Ryan Mathews had a very good day running the ball amassing over 100 yards, but the fumbling problem that comes with Mathews haunted him in this one. Turnovers were the Chargers undoing in this. At one point the Steelers trailed the Chargers, but a total of 5 interceptions from Phillip Rivers was too much. The Steelers offense produced good numbers as Ben Roethlisberger was able to lead his team to victory. The Steelers ran out the clock with a late interception and some knees. Chargers lose the first game of the season to a Pittsburgh team that seems to have a chip on their shoulder. Look out this season [​IMG]

2. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

3 fumbles and 5 interceptions=a day we would like to forget quickly in SD.... GG Troy J. I got pass happy with my new targets and you played great defense. The second quarter pix sixes put me on tilt and you took advantage of some bad decisions I made. Good luck the rest of the way.