S3 WK15: Falcons at Panthers

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Blaza, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Carolina flies over the Falcons 45-14; Clinches NFC South Division.
    [​IMG]
    With both teams sitting at 10-3, the Falcons trip up I-85 to Carolina was a winner takes all
    showdown for the division. The Falcons, who have showcased one of the best offenses in the league the last few seasons faced off against a Carolina Defense that has held their number over the past few matchups. With an all-time series record of 4-0 against the Birds, this Carolina regime felt confident that they could slow down the Falcons offense, and they did just that creating 8 turnovers on a forgettable day for Matt Ryan. Cam Newton led the charge offensively with 13-22 200 yards 2 TD/0INT; 5 Car 39 yards 2TD. Matty Ice struggled, going 14-30 194 yards 2 TD/5 INT before being replaced by Kevin Kolb.
    Defensively, the Panthers were lights out, led by MLB Luke Kuechly's 8 TAK, 1 FF, 1 INT/1 TD day. LOLB James Anderson and MLB Jon Beason added 2 INT and 8 TAK a piece. Carolina improves to 11-3 and will have another home game against Buccaneers in week 16.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Thanks Dak, definitely feel like I have found a little groove with my boys. Cam is a handful for any defense.

Really wish we had a few more seasons, as I'm starting to fall in love with some of my younger guys.

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Yep same story different game. Turnovers!! I completely put myself out of games. The 4 losses account for over half of my season turnovers. Worst part is I may go 11-5/10-6 and miss the playoffs. The NFC is very top heavy this season.

GG Blaza you definately have my number. Wish there was a wayy to create custom conferences so I could send your ass to the AFC

• Like Like x 1