S3W1 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Gravity, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Tamu Fsu.PNG
    FSU 41
    TAMU 38

This was a rematch of the NC game from last year. Manziel was torching me and they ended up getting out to either a 21-7 or 28-7 lead due to turnovers. Manziel went out in the second quarter with a broken collarbone and is set to miss his entire senior year. We have a serious QB dilemma, on one hand we have a pure pocket passer with average speed (70's) and on the other we have John Franklin, a Sophomore who isn't quite the athlete Winston was, but he is close. Both of them played pretty shit this game, but we ended up doing just enough to win.

2. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Good. I hate that little turd.

3. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Oklahoma State Comes Up Clutch in Home Opener
    #20 Oklahoma State 42
    #9 Miami 34

Prior to today's game, the Cowboy coaching staff showed the team tape of their failures against ranked opponents over the last two years. One of the opponents on film were the Hurricanes and their dominating win two years ago in South Beach. In the pregame speech the message was loud and clear, "This year we're not hoping for a title, we're taking it. This year we get job done and how ironic it starts with the 1st team we failed against.

Choosing to receive first, the Canes managed a first down but subsequently punted after. On the Pokes 1st possession, it only took 5 plays to score, highlighted by Corion Webster's 54 yard run on the first play from scrimmage. JW Walsh would hook up Blake Webb for a 5 yard TD pass to go up 7-0. On the Canes next series they'd drive into the red zone only to be picked off by Kevin Peterson on the 4 yard line. On the ensuing play JW Walsh would take it 96 yards on a QB draw to go up 14-0.

In the 2nd Quarter the Canes would explode for 24 points on a 22 yard TD pass, a 16 yard TD run by Duke Johnson, a 22 yard pick six, and a 29 yard FG to take a 24-14 lead into the half. In the 2nd half the Cowboy D would play lights out, shutting out the Canes. The Cowboy O would put 7 on the board in the 3rd on a 15 yard screen pass to Austin Hays. In the 4th, the Cowboys would stall out on a drive late adding three. The game would head into OT tied at 24.

The excitement would pick up in overtime. On the cowboys 1st possession, facing a 3rd and 10 Walsh found Rashaad Samples for 12 yards on a clutch conversion. On the same drive Walsh on 3rd down again would keep on a read option to score from 5 yards out. On the Canes posession facing a 3rd and 1 on the 1, the Canes would get stuffed for a one yard loss. With the game on the line, on 4th & 2 the Canes managed to score on a QB sneak. In the 2nd frame both teams would trade field goals. In overtime #3, the Cowboys would score on a 21 yard run by Corion Webster and then convert the 2-pt play. On the Canes possession, they would drive inside the 10, but on another 4th and 2 to stay alive Duke Johnson would would be stuffed for a loss to seal the deal.

Player of the Game
    The defense as whole earned the gameball, holding Kevin Olsen to 11-25 passing, but one player stood out.
    CB Kevin Peterson played a lights out game holding Miami WR Herb Waters to just two catches and had 4 passes defended.

Next Week's Opponent: home vs Florida

Great Game Bucs

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

This was a really fun game. Your defense did a great job of getting penetration and disrupting my run lanes. if only I could get a few of those throws back... That was dallas Crawford on the last play though, not Duke Johnson. Some clutch plays from both of us.

• Like Like x 1
  5. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Very exciting game indeed. I think a big reason we had success was b/c of our pass D. I think we could have done better in run D, but I was impressed how we really didn't allow any yards after contact. A lot of clutch plays, shame someone had to lose.

6. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

S1W2 @TTU.PNG

This game was the result of the sim. ​