S3W1 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Ghost, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Rams start off the season with a Bang behind with their new HC!
    [​IMG] 17[​IMG] 55
    Rams jumped out to a early 10-0 and never looked back. Isiah Pead was the player off with with 123 yards and 2 TDs, but the real Players of the game was the Rams Defense. Rams defense had 7 takeaways this game. The defense scored 21 points and set up great field position for the Rams offense every time.
    "Packers run game was successful the whole game against us most of the game so, we have to work on that this week in practice, Losing our starting free safety T.J Mcdonald for 5 weeks will hurt but I'll take this win" (Coach Hakeem said postgame)
    GG BrewBomber
    Rams
    Teddy Bridgewater 6/8 139yds 2 TDs
    Isiah Pead 13att 123yds 2 TDs
    T.J Mcdonald 6 tackles 2 INTs 2 TD
    Packers
    Aaron Rodgers 10/22 105 yds 6 Ints
    Derek Carr 14/27 176yds 1 Int
    Eddie Lacy 15att 61yds 2 TD
    DuJuan Harris 7att 35yds
    Randal Cobb 8att 104yds
    2.PNG 3.PNG

• Like Like x 2
  2. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Awesome. I love me some game recaps.

3. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Week 1 Chargers host the Patriots MNF
    In the final kickoff of the opening weekend of the 3rd season of TLY, the Patriots went west to visit the Chargers. With so much uncertainty surrounding the Chargers, nobody knew what to expect. The Chargers had a terrible offseason, they were flat broke and could not do anything to improve the squad, so it was a bit of a bare bones crew taking the field.

Chargers received the ball first. They rode the #6 overall pick Todd Gurley down the field. SD moved the ball down the field in nice fashion, until in typical Chargers style, Gurley fumbles onside the Pats 10 yard line to let NE take over. In not so typical SD fashion though, SD was able to get a interception to get the ball right back. Interceptions out to be a theme for the Pats this game. Ryan Mallet threw five. Three bad reads, one decent play from the corner, and one spectacular play from OLB Quincy Black.

After the first couple of picks, SD was able to convert them into points. And from there, it was just a matter of playing catch up for NE which no doubt led to some of those picks. Johnny Football played a very professional game, and was very sturdy in leading SD to points. SD had its running game working, more than in previous years. But a couple of bad breaks and some bad luck for NE just put them behind the 8 ball a bit too much. They were fighting back from HT, and just couldnt make up the necessary ground.

GG Charter, tough luck man. See ya down the road.

• Like Like x 3
  4. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

Texans - 16
    Jets - 13

The Texans came in with a new owner and a lot of new faces on the field as the team had to piece together some missing pieces just to be able to suit up today. This was a defensive battle all the way as the combined points were under 30, but it was the Texans defense coming away with the only turnover of the game that made the difference. Tied 13-13 Johnathan Joseph picked off a Geno Smith pass in Texans territory which set up the game winning drive by Brett Hundley and the Texans as they would kick a field goal with less than 40 seconds remaining. The Jets tried to win it, but they were tackled on the Texans 5 yard line as the clock hit 0.

I think the main story in this one was that the Jets defenders were either not focusing enough or were too focused and felt pressure, they dropped at least 3 or 4 potential interceptions that hit them in the hands, not something you would normally see out of this group. But, with new ownership at the helm, the Texans will take any win they can get right now and try to build up some momentum.

Stats:
    Brett Hundley - 12/21 164 yards, 4 carries 22 yards 1 TD
    Arian Foster - 19 carries 74 yards
    Miles Austin - 2 catches 45 yards
    J. Joseph - 4 tackles 1 INT

Geno Smith - 17/28 250 yards 1 INT, 3 carries 32 yards
    Mike Goodson - 11 carries 70 yards 1 TD
    Jeff Cumberland - 5 catches 102 yards
    Sheldon Richardson - 7 tackles 3 sacks

gg Mogriffjr

5. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Titans win 24-16 in shitty fashion

Not much to say, as both teams struggled and the Titans had 6 turnovers. A lot of injuries kept most of the regular starters out by the time the 3rd quarter rolled around for the Titans. The odd part is none will miss any time for the next game. This was by far the most infuriating game I have played in Madden 25 period. We had 8 dropped passes, 6 turnovers, countless injuries, and one pissed off HC. Locker missed several open receivers and combined with all of the drops it was fugly. It really felt like an arcade game as every tackle was an over-powered drop-kick to the face. It got ridiculous to say the least. All of my WR except TJ Jones and Mariani were in the locker room with injuries. Basically my WR would catch it and a defender standing flat footed right next to them would launch turnbuckle hits into my guys. Justin Hunter my #2 WR was playing TE as both Stevens and Walker were out as well. It was only a matter of time before Hunter went to the locker room with a groin strain. I'm still trying to wrap my head around what happened. Felt like an entirely different game engine.:jimlad:

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

coltsjags.PNG
    coltsjags2.PNG
    Turnovers doomed the Jaguars, who put together a couple nice first half drives only to turn it over in the red zone. The Jags also made the mistake of trying to turn nothing into something late in the first half. With the ball 1st and 10 on their own 20 and only 22 seconds left, Rookie Marcus Mariota dropped back to sling it deep, but instead was strip-sacked by Bjorn Werner and the Colts recovered. Luck connected with Ryan Swope on Indy's last pass of the game for a 14 yard touchdown.

good game Butcher Black The turnovers were killer and dug too deep a whole. See ya in 2 weeks.

coltsjagsqb.PNG
    coltsjagsHB.PNG
    coltsjagsQR.PNG

7. Butcher Black

Butcher Black Walk On

2 steps forward and 80 back. Everything that could go wrong did. Defense was too tired.

8. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

What's wrong with Tajh?

9. Butcher Black

Butcher Black Walk On

Who said anything was wrong with him?

10. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Marcus had 21 passes and Tajh had 7. Just wondering.

11. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Mariotta got hurt in the 2nd half and Boyd finished the game.