S3W1

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Fmode11, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Summaries here

2. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Missouri 62
    Memphis 10

Very cold start for QB Berkstresser in the rain. The Tigers would move back to the run game and the folks in Missouri may have now already forgotten about Josey with Hansbrough on the scene. The guy sliced and diced around Memphis Tigers all afternoon and lead Missorui to a comfortable win. Back-ups plays the entire 4th quarter and continued to pound the defense into submission. The defense lost Sr CB Payton, Defensive co-Captain, after getting a sack and an INT in the 1st quarter for the season. Such a tough loss for the defense who played well in his absence with 6 sacks and 3 INT and 1 FF.

Notable Players
    HB Hansbrough 19 car 233 yds 4 TD
    TE Culkins 6 cth 76 yds
    CB Payton 4 tck 1 sack 1 int (lost for season)
    MLB Blalock 4 tck 2 sacks 1 ff

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Cal 35
    FSU 14

Cal surprised everyone by being utterly dominant on defense. Coach Jello didn't believe his eyes when this stat overlay appeared, but halfway through the 3rd quarter the Noles had only gained 35 yards of offense. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: The Noles stepped it up from their and ended up with 172 yards, but that's still a very stingy performance by the defending champs.

Cal's new signal caller David Dennis had a great first day as QB (except for a pick 6) as he ran all over FSU's D and was acceptable passing the ball. Considering he only has 54 AWR (after spending last season as a nickle back) and was playing at a top 20 toughest place to play, he played better than expected.

Game Ball:
    QB David Dennis - 145.5, 13/20 (65%), 137 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT - 14 car, 149 yds (10.6 YPC), 2 TD

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

WSU @ Miami

The Cougars came into this game with a bunch of new starters and we dont totally trust our QB yet so the game plan was to lean on Caldwell heavily. He produced nice results with over 150 yards and 3 tds.

The Cougars almost blew the game with the Canes getting some crazy luck down the stretch...On a 4th and 15 under heavy pressure the Canes QB would lob a ball down the middle of the field into triple coverage and the WR would go up in the middle of the Cougars DBs and bring down the ball for a 47 yard gain and a couple plays later the Canes would tie the game. I was pretty pissed...I thought it was at worst a pick at best a bat down....but nope...Canes have talent outside at WR and he made a huge play..

The next possession the Cougars drove the length of the field and had all 3 TOs left, let the clock run down to 3 seconds....however, the game was showing off one of its many glitches wouldn't let me call a TO with the select button, in full panic mode I hit start to pause it....and it was grayed out in there as well...smfh...so instead of getting a FG to win in regulation we went to OT.

On the first play of OT the Canes hit a pass to the 1 yard line, the Cougar D stood up and held them to a FG...first play from scrimmage for the Cougars Dom Williams caught a deep in and ran it to the inch line where Caldwell punched it in on the next play for the W.

Every single CPU game seems to be a battle for us and I love it...the games are tough and they should be, our roster isnt where we want it...but it will get there.

Cougars win 34-31 in OT.

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

That's just one of those lovely things you learn with experience. (y)

I had this happen to me in a damned USER game against iBO in the E v1.0 this season. Mine was worse though because the damned clock ticked off and entire 10s with me spamming select and start trying to get a TO. I think the way to fix it (besides not calling a play that ends with < 10s left in the half with the intention all along of waiting to call a TO) is to no huddle and then call a TO. I'm pretty sure if you're lining up following a no huddle you can call a TO.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

It has happened to me 3x on NCAA 14. Once in a user game and talk about pissed

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

#14 Tennessee - 21

#23 Ole Miss - 24

This was a great game overall with big plays and even bigger turnovers. The Rebels would get the ball first in this game and drove down the field on a lengthy drive that ended with Miller connecting with the FR WR Heard for the TD. The Volunteers answered with a huge 57 yard TD in which the coverage was absolutely terrible. Ole Miss went three and out on their next drive and Tennessee looked to take advantage of it but CB King would leap in front of a pass in the red zone for the pick. FR K Coleman would add three points and give Ole Miss the lead again. Brandon Clark would then lead a nice drive, capping it off with a 13 yard TD pass to North. But it would be Ole Miss with the last laugh of the first half as Miller found Treadwell from 35 yards out for the score to regain the three point lead.

Halftime

Tennessee would get the ball to start the second half of play. Clark would lead the team down the field yet again, this time connecting with his TE from 14 yards out to continue the back and forth lead change. The Rebels came out strong on the ground on the ensuing drive which would be capped off with Jaylen Walton rushing in the score. The rest of the game would be very defensive, Miller would throw a pick on a drive that would have put us up by ten. Immediately following Clark would fumble, being recovered by the Rebels. But they were unable to do anything and their 53 yard FG attempt fell short (give Coleman and year or two and he will hit those). Ask Coach Dakota said, the Ole Miss pass rush went insane in the fourth quarter, sacking Clark multiple times. The game would end with the Rebels intercepting a Hail Mary attempt.

Great game dakota7. Never a dull game between us.

Stats

M. Miller - 16/21, 228 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
    B. Clark - 13/23, 241 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT

J. Walton - 21 Att, 79 yards, 1 TD
    T. Smith - 16 Att, 97 yards

L. Treadwell - 5 Rec, 89 yards, 1 TD
    J. Heard - 4 Rec, 45 yards, 1 TD
    M. North - 5 Rec, 72 yards, 1 TD
    C. Campbell - 2 Rec, 64 yards, 1 TD
    J. Meredith - 3 Rec, 68 yards, 1 TD

• Like Like x 1
  8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

That first pick is driving me crazy. Your corner was off the line.....what, like ten yards at the snap? How does he pick that quick, 2 yard hitch? Ugh....good game and good luck the rest of the season.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Masler

Masler Moderator

Yeah I actually backed the defense up into the endzone on that play instead of pressing.