S3W10

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Masler, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Experience

Each week will have their own score thread from now on. Sometimes I get behind in keeping track of scores and I'm tired of looking through one thread. Post them up here. If you have already done a summary for Week 10, copy and paste.

All slates are clean whether you did or did not do summaries for a few weeks this season. I will start monitoring as of this week (10).

• Like Like x 1
  2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

[​IMG] 23
    [​IMG] 20 (OT)

This game was very defensive throughout as the new fangled Illini D continues to impress. After a scoreless 1st quarter Wisconsin finally broke the seal with a FG halfway through the 2nd quarter. They then forced an Illinois punt, but the Illini punter pinned Wisconsin on their own 6 with 2 minutes left. They got 7 yards on their first 2 downs, leaving them a 3rd and 3 with 1 minute left. Coach Jello fully expected a conservative run to not risk a disaster, but he called a pass defense anyway. Surprisingly coach dakota7 called a pass after all and his QB would throw a very costly INT which was returned to the Wisconsin 7 yard line with 51s left. 3 plays later QB Bailey connected with slot receiver Freddie Jackson on an out route to take a 7-3 lead into the locker room.

The 3rd quarter was again pretty defensive as there was a TD drive and a punt by both teams and Illinois took a 14-10 lead into the 4th. The Illini D started the 4th quarter with back to back sacks (their only 2 of the game) and forced a punt after Wisconsin began the drive at midfield. Wisconsin's D held strong as well though as they forced a punt with 3:25 left in the game. Needing a TD Wisconsin's O set to work, hoping to eat up the remaining clock in the process. After only 5 plays they were setup with 1st and goal with 1:46 remaining. After 3 straight Melvin Gordon runs they were looking at 4th and goal at the 1. There was still 1:38 left however as coach Jello burned all 3 timeouts on the previous 3 plays to preserve enough time for his own offense. Wisconsin called Gordon's number for a 4th straight time and he was hit at the 2 yard line, but shook off the tackler, and then hit again at the 1, but shook him off too and scored the go ahead TD to give Wisconsin the 17-14 lead with 1:32 remaining.

Coach Jello SERIOUSLY considered bringing in his JR(RS) pocket passing QB with 95 THP/ 98 THA for this final drive but in the end he chose to stick with Bailey who had thrown the ball very well all game. He started with an 8 yard scramble (his first of the game) as he ran out of bounds. He then followed that up by completing 6 of his next 7 passes (to 5 different receivers), most of them to the sidelines to get Illinois to the 10 yard line with 30s left. A 9 yard completion on a drag route got them to the 1 yard line on 2nd down, but with no timeouts left, they couldn't afford to run the ball. Following 2 incompletions Illinois looked at 4th and 1 from the 1 with 9s remaining, trailing by 3. This brought up memories of last season when Illinois mounted a heroic late game drive to score a TD to cut the lead to 1. Coach Jello elected to go for the win by going for 2, but Illinois failed and they took a loss. Coach Jello decided to go for it and called a 5 WR set. Just like on the previous play and the 2pt conversion last season, coach Dakota countered with a goal line defense. With as tempting as it is to throw against a goal line D with 5 WR, coach Jello decided against this (mainly since he's already 0 for 2 in this situation) and elected to kick instead. The kicker was iced, but despite this probably being the toughest situation while iced (kicking a FG that's shorter than an XP from a hash mark) it didn't matter as the kick went right down the middle, sending the game to OT.

Illinois won the toss and went on D and once again the Illini defense delivered. They immediately forced a 3rd and 7 and they nearly (read, "should've") intercepted the 3rd down pass but still forced a FG. Knowing what they had to do it only took Illinois 4 plays for Bailey to find WR Maruice Cooper wide open in the end zone on a corner route to salt away the victory. This is the 1st time the Illini have managed to beat Wisconsin in 3 tries under coach Jello and basically knocks the Badgers out of the B1G CCG hunt. Great game dakota7!

One thing that coach Jello took great pride in from this game was the play of "his kids" that he recruited. He only has 2 recruiting classes under his belt, but they made several huge plays, despite only being FR and SOs.

• The 1st TD was caught by SO WR Fred Jackson (who led the team with 8 catches for 84 yards).
    • The INT that turned the tide in the 1st half was caught by SO OLB Dominique Williams (who won defensive POTG).
    • The other INT was made by SO CB Omarr Stewart.
    • The game winning TD catch was made by FR(RS) WR Maurice Cooper.
    It's also funny to note that every Illini score came with less than 30s left in the quarter. Apparently they didn't feel the desire to score until time was ticking away.

[​IMG]

Game Balls:
    Illinois:
    QB Aaron Bailey - 158.0, 21/29 (72%), 241 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT
    HB#1 Josh Ferguson - 7 car, 54 yds (7.7 YPC), 1 TD
    WR Fred "You Are My Lady" Jackson - 8 rec, 84 yds, TD
    OLB Dominique Williams - 4 tkls, 3 TFL, 1 Sk, 1 INT
    CB Omarr Stewart - 4 tkls, 1 TFL, 1 INT, 1 defl

Wisconsin:
    SS Darius Hillary "Clinton" - 6 tkls, INT
    OLB Dee Allen - 4 tkls, 2 TFL, 1 Sk, 2 Defl

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

1.gif

Indiana wins again at home with a defense (#1 ranked rushing defense) that is finally showing signs of what Hova wants them to be. We have held 2 consecutive users to 7 points. That trend may end with 2 monster offenses (Maryland and Mich) coming up on the schedule but Hova is pleased none the less. He would have even more success on defense if he didn't get 3 FACEMASK penalties EVERY SINGLE Game. But anyway the defense was great all day with 5 INTs and holding the Rutgers QB to a 0 QB Rating. On offense we complemented the success just as well with the rushing game being dominant, breaking tackles left and right all game. QB Tre Roberson had what may have been one of his best career performances, breaking tackles and scoring 2 TDs on the ground. He did fumble once. Both of our HBs were held under 100 yards but they were able to plow in scores thanks to great field position by the defense. Indiana hosts Maryland at home next week before heading to the Big Shit House and taking on stacked UofM. GG edge7771 , made it even tougher for you when your guys could not tackle anybody.

4. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

This is due to aggressive hits and strip in-game settings

5. Hova

False. I never set ANYTHING to aggressive. I am not that stupid.

6. Hova

I don't even think the strip settings exist anymore

7. jello1717

They do. INT settings don't though.

8. Hova

If it was because of settings I would have stopped a longgg time ago. I get 0 forced fumbles in my entire career so that would be pointless. I have consistently gotten atleast 2-3 facemasks penalties EVERY GAME all season long, CPU or User. I just expect it at this point, must be awareness ratings or something. :shifty:

9. jello1717

You don't set anything to conservative either, right? I'm curious how many people do this because I noticed a week or 2 ago a user (not you Hova) that only had 1 drop on the entire season which I can't imagine is possible without conservative catching (which, of course, isn't allowed).

10. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

My first two seasons I received an enormous amount of clipping penalties, this year I have only received one thus far. So who knows

11. jello1717

I'm right with you there. For me it's not all facemasks but I'm constantly getting facemasks and clippings (which are probably my biggest one) with the occasion holding.

At least my penalty numbers are down this year compared to my first 2.

12. Hova

strictly facemasks for me, i don't get it. They always seem to come on 3rd down as well, and on stops. They are always triggered by the stupid tackle them by the facemask animation. :rolleyes:

I sometimes use the option QB setting but I have not faced many option guys lately. I will use conservative catch if I see alot of drops, but I barely pass. I also will use conservative tackle if I get ran over alot, since I never cause fumbles. Ever.

13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Just so everyone knows, ITS NOT FUCKING ALLOWED! I've seen it too that there are 0 drops and isnt allowed.

14. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

[​IMG]

15. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Iowa 20
    Purdue 52

Boilers got a big win over a "rival" when the coach-less Hawkeyes came to town. There were some really nice plays in this one that we wish we could have shared including a pick 6, but the game freezes any time I try to up load videos. Anyways Etling threw for over 300 yards and Mikesky and Carvajal had over 100 yards receiving and even HB Keyante Green had over 100 yards on the ground including a sick, never to be seen again 80 yard TD run. The win was in front of a boat load of recruits who REALLY enjoyed their day at Purdue. So much so that 8 of them committed before leaving campus.

16. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Northwestern 35 - 47 Nebraska

This game was a coming out part for Nebraska FS Charles Jackson, as he recorded 4 INTs to lead the Husker victory. Both offenses were pretty effective, as there was over 900 yards combined of offense and the teams scored on all 11 redzone trips. The keys to the game was Northwestern converting only 1 of 4 third downs and turning the ball over on 4 INTs.

Northwestern
    Oliver 18-25 320 2 TD 3 INT
    Perkins 15 Att 92 yards 3 TD
    Youngbloodary 5 Rec 116 yards
    Dickerson 5 Rec 102 yards
    Odenigbo 8 tackles TFL

Nebraska
    Armstrong 23-27 353 3 TD INT
    Cross 25 Att 129 yards 3 TD
    Allen 10 Rec 151 yards 2 TD
    Rose 7 tackles 2 TFL

• Like Like x 1
  17. jello1717

Holy shit!

Only 4 3rd down attempts?!?

That's some impressive ass 1st and 2nd down success.

18. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I do what I do. I think next season I'm going 100% into the Hyper Offense full time. Debating it heavily

19. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Yep, UofCWildcat has a pretty good intermediate to long passing game. So, if his team is on, he doesn't see very many 3rd downs.

20. jello1717

You keep mentioning this. What's a Hyper Offense?

21. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

High paced hurry up Air Raid. I ran it with Tanner Mangum and Mitch Matthews at BYU

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

24. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

25. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Bolden's Interceptions Key in Michigans Win!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Player of the Week: HB Justice Hayes - 20 Car, 154 Yards, 3 TDs

-- Michigan hosted Little Brother in Week 10 as Coach Truth was looking for his 3rd straight win over the Spartans in his tenure. As with all the previous games, turnovers (particularly in the redzone for the Spartans) would play a decisive factor in the outcome. MSU QB Cook would be intercepted twice by Michigan MLB Bolden, outside of which the Michigan defense struggled throughout to keep the Spartan offense off the field. Despite trailing at half time, the Michigan offense (mostly HB Justice Hayes) did just enough to push Michigan to a squeaker victory over the rival Spartans.

GG Masler