S3W13

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jello1717, Sep 29, 2013.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

The Experience

Post 'em here.

2. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Nebraska 44 - 41 Minnesota
    Nebraska traveled to the twin cities to take on the beleaguered Gophers. The offense showed up for the Huskers, but the defense was sleepwalking. Minnesota amassed over 600 yards of offense, mainly on their excellent strategy of throwing lob balls up into the end zone, as the Nebraska defenders refused to jump. A late touchdown by the Gophers off an successful onside kick made the game look closer than it was. Minnesota has now converted 4 onside kicks in 3 games against Nebraska.

3. jello1717

[​IMG] 42
    [​IMG] 24

Illinois controlled this game pretty much throughout. The score is a lot closer than how the game played as Illinois led 42-10 halfway through the 4th when Purdue's QB Etling chucked a bomb into the end zone which should've been intercepted, but instead the FS just tipped the ball and it was caught for a Purdue TD. Then Purdue recovered an onside kick and put together another scoring drive.

All day Purdue was determined to stop the potent Illinois ground game so they stacked the box. While this is great for stopping the run (Purdue only allowed 110 yards on the ground with a large chunk of those coming in the 4th quarter), it does leave your sparse secondary on several islands against a lot of Illini receivers. Illinois exploited this weakness all day long as their "running" QB showed up the Boiler's "passing" QB. Bailey had himself a day as he completed 83% of his passes for 305 yards (only his 2nd career 300+ performance) and 4 TDs. This was relatively easy for him to do as he had several receivers just running through the Purdue defense. Bailey completed passes to 8 different receivers, TDs to 3 different guys, 3 WRs had 6 catches and 4 WRs had 60+ yards on the day.

GG blLL flo . Against me you can usually only hope to contain 1 facet of my offense so you have to pick your poison. You chose the safer "stop the run" choice but luckily for me my QB had himself a great day.

Illinois' improved D would've held their 5th out of 5 USERs to 20 or fewer points if this FS knew how to catch.

QB Bailey showing off the many throws in his arsenal

Game Balls:
    Illinois:
    QB Aaron Bailey - 202.6, 26/31 (83%), 305 yds, 4 TD, 1 INT

Purdue:
    WR Cameron Posey - 7 rec, 122 yds, 2 TD
    MLB Jerome Welsh - 11 tkls, 3 TFL, 1 Sk
    LOLB Jimmy Hermann - 8 tkls, 4 TFL, 1 Sk

upload_2013-9-29_19-54-44.png

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Northwestern 17
    Wisconsin 24

The Badgers dominated the second half and pulled out an ugly win. Trailing 14-7 at the half, HB Jeff Lawrence returned the opening kick for a touchdown. After forcing a punt, the Badgers put together a pair of time consuming drives, which both ended in points and effectively locked Northwestern out of the game.

Good game UofCWildcat That second pick made things tough on you.

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

It was a dumb throw too (the UofC usual). God forbid I think a receiver will be aggressive with the ball in the air. GG man.

6. jello1717

You mean like this?

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

There's a special place in hell for people like you. Don't beat me too bad next week :/ maybe you can lock up Baker so I don't have to debate come offseason recruiting.

8. jello1717

The crazy thing about that catch is that while he's my receiving TE, he only has 79 CTH and freaking 69 CIT.

He looked way better than those ratings on that catch.

9. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

Rutgers box score.jpg

Rutgers game stats.jpg

Maryland survives a slugfest at home vs Rutgers. The game started off ugly as Maryland QB Daily threw a pick to LB Gause who took it for 6 and the first score of the game. Rutgers Defense proved to be legit as they held Maryland HB Brown to his season low of 81 yards on 19 attempts. Marylands D was able to bend and not break allowing the offense to chip away and finally take a lead in the 3rd. Rutgers would answer in the 4th and take a 3 pt lead late, but Maryland scored a T.D. on a WR Screen that would end up being the game winner. Coach Rice had this to say about the game "I knew it would be a struggle to get the running game going with their defensive reputation, Im just happy we were able to string together enough big plays to escape with a win"

GG edge7771 That was really a battle. I'm lucky i came away with a W. GG man. GL the rest of the way!

Maryland Game balls:

Offense: QB D. Dailey 13/21 222Yds 2TD 1Int
    Defense: DT N. Clarke 6Tkls 2Scks

Play of the Game: TD: D. Dailey pass to A. Etta for 57yds for the game winning score

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

NCA14XBX_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_TlA.jpg

Madaris scores the game winner
    Michigan State - 37

Penn State - 31

Battle for the Land Grant trophy ends in Double OT!

Huge win for the Spartans who need to win out to make Bowl Season and get off the AD's shit list. PSU started off the game by throwing a pick but the Spartans had issues catching the ball, sounds familiar eh? Penn State would drive down field on the following possession and take the first lead of the game with a 17 yard FG. After a Cook INT, the Nittany Lions worked down the field and score from 17 yards out on a pass play to go up 10-0. It looked like classic Michigan State until Cook found Madaris to cut the score to 3. A late INT off Penn State allowed Cook to drive MSU down the field using the hurry up but they would have to settle for 3 and the tie. After halftime both teams went defense mode with only PSU scoring a FG in the third quarter. They would build on that lead early in the fourth with another FG to go up 16-10. This game looked all but over for the Spartans when the secondary came up with a third pick. A few plays later, Cook would connect with Sims to tie the game, the PAT gave Michigan St their first lead of the game. Unfortunately the coverage broke down horribly and Penn State jumped back out to a seven point lead after a Lynch rushing TD and the successful 2 point. Cook went crazy accurate in the hurry up again but it was HB Holmes who came up with the TD to tie the game with 10 seconds left. Penn State would then fumble on the kick return, giving MSU the ball in great field position. A pass attempt by Cook was swatted away and then some confusion with timeouts occurred, inciting glares from the opposing head coaches. MSUs kicker would miss wide left on the attempted 45 yd FG. The game would go into overtime as MSU went on the offensive first and scored in two plays. Lynch would run in another for the Lions but on their next possession in double OT, Hackenburg would throw his fourth pick. Connor Cook would strike Madaris again for the game winning score.

GG Fmode11. Crazy end to the fourth.

Stats

C. Cook - 25/36, 350 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT, 6 Att, 18 yards
    G. Holmes - 12 Att, 40 yards, 3.3 ypc, 1 TD
    M. Madaris - 5 Rec, 67 yards, 2 TD
    A. Burbridge - 4 Rec, 79 yards, 1 TD
    A. Sims - 4 Rec, 62 yards, 1 TD
    R. Bullough - 8 Tackles, 1 INT
    D. Knox - 8 Tackles, 3 TFL

C. Hackenburg - 17/26, 283 yards, 1 TD, 4 INT, 6 Att, 64 yards, 10.6 ypc
    A. Lynch - 19 Att, 69 yards, 3.6 ypc, 2 TD
    E. Lewis - 5 Rec, 85 yards, 1 TD