S3W14

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jello1717, Sep 30, 2013.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

The Experience

2. jello1717

[​IMG]27
    [​IMG] 7

For the 2nd week in a row Illinois faced a QB that topped the 4,000 yard plateau during the game. For the 2nd week in a row Illinois QB Aaron Bailey completely outplayed his "passing" opponent as a passer. Bailey was nearly flawless as he threw for 240+ and 2 TDs while completing 83% of his passes. Meanwhile his counterpart had a sub-100 QBR (and that's without getting dinged for any INTs!) and only completed 58% of his passes at a clip of 7.2 YPC.

Illinois' D played out of their minds once again. They held the high flying NU offense to only 148 yards and didn't allow a single 3rd down conversion on their 7 attempts. This forced what has to be an all time user game high of 7 Northwestern punts!

This win gives Illinois a perfect 12-0 record to close out the regular season as they head into the B1G CCG to face the very overpowering Michigan Wolverines. GG UofCWildcat . Hopefully this will begin a string of defensively dominant performances against you like we had in the UofA/ASU days. (y)

Illinois used their normal dink and dunk passing game, but broke a couple of huge TDs thanx to some shoddy Northwestern tackling

Game Balls:
    Illinois:
    QB Aaron Bailey - 233.4, 15/18 (83%), 243 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT
    WR Maurice Cooper - 3 rec, 109 yds, TD
    WR Jeremy Whitlow - 3 rec, 77 yds, TD

Northwestern:
    MLB Ifeadi Odenigbo - 10 tkls, 5 TFL, Defl

upload_2013-9-30_21-10-14.png

3. jello1717

UofCWildcat , my XBL gold just expired right now.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOO glad that didn't happen during our game! :bag:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Haha! If ibly

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

People can't even compete with Jello anymore, this is lamee

6. jello1717

I think that this is just "one of those seasons." Sometimes it seems like the game just determines that a particular season "will be a great one" or "will be a bad one."

In my Michigan dynasty in 2013 and 2014 I went 11-3 and 12-2 with 2 CCG appearances and 1 conference title. In 2015 even though I had a much improved team (I'm pretty sure that was my first 99/99/99 team) I think the game decided it "will be a bad one" and I went 7-6 with a bowl loss and I lost my 6th star.

I just recently started a dynasty as the OC for ULL. Because I'm OC I don't get to play defense. In 2013 I went a very realistic 7-5 and didn't get a bowl bid (1 of my wins was over an FCS school). My offense averaged 32.3 PPG but my D gave up 26.5 PPG. I'm 8 games into 2014 and I think the game decided it "will be a great one." I'm a stoopid 8-0 so far with games remaining against powerhouses South Alabama, Texas St, Arkansas St, and ULM (at least the last 2 are the only teams almost as good as my 88 OVR squad). My O's production is slightly down at 31.9 PPG, but my ridiculous simmed D is only giving up 11.0 PPG and is ranked #1 nationally in PAPG, total D, and rushing D. Here's a glaring example of how I think the game has predetermined that we'll have a great season (I still can't get over how retarded this is and it was 5 games ago). I don't buy into the whole predetermined outcome theory, but I don't know how to explain this particular game otherwise.

In my 3rd game I'm on the road against Boise (we beat #20 Ole Miss on the road earlier). We're down 24 midway through the 4th quarter when the following happens.
    • I score a TD and get the 2 pt conversion on a pass.
    • Within 1 or 2 plays my supersimmed D forces and recovers a fumble.
    • I score a TD and get another 2 pt conversion on a pass.
    • I score a TD and run in the 2 pt conversion for the tie.
    • I score the go ahead TD.
    • My D doesn't force a fumble (I'm assuming because I didn't need it anymore) but they hold for the win.
    Can you imagine if Boise were a user when that shit happened?!?!? The forums would overload from his crying. It was at that moment that I knew the game had decided that I would have a great season and nothing I could do (like getting down 24 in the 4th quarter) could change that.

Anywho, the point of that ramble is that I think 2015 is Illinois' great season and may not be indicative of future seasons. My D is definitely more talented than in the past but to go from averaging 26.5 and 29.9 PAPG in years 1 and 2 to only 18.8 PAPG (13.3 PAPG vs. USERS) this year is pretty extreme. I plan to give up fewer PAPG in the future, but I figure I'll need MUCH more talent before that happens (once my Michigan teams got to 99/99/99 I've given up fewer than 18 PAPG in 3 of the last 4 years, and that includes 1 year where I allowed 13.1)..

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

ya ya. The most sickening part is the recruiting advantage you have over everyone, which is your most significant advantage going forward aside from your skills as a player. You have the best possible recruiting tree and noone will be able to catch up until we have maxed recruiting trees. (And that is only people who did not spend any in game management like me)

8. jello1717

It's like dakota7 said before; it's a matter of preference. I filled mine out to get recruits a certain way and others went a different route. Mine has only been better because I'm a higher level. His isn't any worse than mine and while I definitely wouldn't have gone your route, yours isn't necessarily worse than mine (at that level) either. The same is true for blLL flo and edge7771 too.

While I like the pipeline skill and its possible that my next point (which I go last week) will go there (depending on if I end up with 5 or 6 guys from TX and/or 4 or 5 guys from CA) I think bigrice25 made a mistake getting that before kitchen sink.

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I maxed out kitchen sink and have maxed points early and 2/3 the second half of the season. I feel for sure the first half of the year, I have the recruiting advantage over jello. His only advantage is lock picks, which is a very specific use and won't necessarily even be used every year. (IMO, lock picks are a waste.) in theory, if jello and I pursued the same 9 people, he wouldn't be able to hang because I'm spending 6500 total and 700 on each, which he can't do. (as of right now)

10. dakota7

More on the lock picks, I have one guy on my board that I have pursued all year that just locked me out. Tennessee had a week 13 visit which dropped me to 4th and 2100 points behind. If I had a lock pick, that would get me back in the game, but not guarantee him to me. Which means I would have to commit a large chunk of offseason points to him, which I wouldn't do because he is my third priority right now. So even if I had a lock pick, I'm still losing him. That skill is too narrow, IMO.

11. jello1717

Lock picks (which may or not be used, but are EXTREMELY powerful when they are) is only 1 advantage. The other (and bigger) is royal treatment 3 which usually makes for capped visits, even when I don't complete all goals and/or I have a lower bonus for an early visit.

As I wrote above, yours isn't worse than mine. We just sign guys in different manners. FWIW, by the time my Michigan coach hit lvl 20 he had 3/3 in opener and 2/3 in closer like you have now (and so will this coach).

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  12. dakota7

I wanted that opener maxed ASAP because you spend/waste so many points on scouting and offering scholarships. I could probably have saved the 2nd closer point for something else, but eventually I won't have 8 guys signed by week 7 and actually need them all in the second half of the year.

13. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

[​IMG] 37 - 29 [​IMG]

Nebraska traveled to Iowa city to take on the Hawkeyes in the annual Farmaggedon game. The game started out poorly for the Huskers, as they returned the opening kickoff for a TD, but it was called back for a clipping call. A clip negated another TD run from about 60 yards out on the first drive and the Huskers were forced to punt. The Iowa offense was on point all day, torching the young Husker secondary most of the game. Nebraska was able to make enough stops to win the game, but still surrendered 390 yards. The Husker offense was on fire, putting up 561 yards total and 367 yards rushing with 4 TD.

14. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Minnesota 21
    Purdue 38

Boilers wrap up their disappointing 5-7 season with a win on senior day. SR WR Shane Mikesky set a new Purdue record with 22 receptions which put his total at 104 for the season. All the catches racked up to 238 yards and 3 TDs putting his season marks at 1568 yards and 13 TDs, with the yardage mark a Purdue record. The biggest weakness on this team is still the offensive line. Running the ball is almost futile making the offense one dimensional before we even step in the stadium. Hopefully recruiting and progression will catch up so we can put a more balanced product on the field.

15. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

Michigan state box.jpg

Michigan state game stats.jpg

Maryland wins its final regular season game to end the season with a 10-2 record heading into bowls. The game was won in the turnover battle as Maryland forced 4 turnovers while giving up 0. Maryland displayed a balance and efficient offense by Passing for 200 while rushing for 179. Maryland's Offense was lead by QB Bailey who passed for 202 yards with on 13/15 attempts and 1 TD. HB Brown also pitched in 100 yrds and 3 TDs. Coach Rice had this to say about the game "I think we finished the regular season on a strong note, now we have to get in there and prepare for our bowl game"

GG Masler Turnovers really told the story of the game. The Yardage was pretty equal.

Maryland Game balls:

Offense: QB Bailey 202 yds 13/15 att 1 TD
    Defense: MLB Logan 6 Tckls 2 ints

Play of the Game:
    TD: D. Dailey pass to N. King for 43yds