S3W3

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jello1717, Jan 9, 2014.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Post 'em here.

2. jello1717

Cal 37
    Washington 14

Harris tip toes.jpg
    WRs Harris and Harper showed Bear fans why there's no reason to lament the loss of Treggs to the draft last season
    Cal's D was lights out again as they held the Huskies scoreless until the final 2 minutes of the 3rd quarter. They also had a huge sack party and held the Huskies to a crazy -33 yards of rushing (which will happen when half of your "rushes" are sacks) and under 200 yards of total offense. This allowed the Bears to dominate TOP 20 minutes to 8 as well as offensive plays 74 to 37.

On O the Huskies did a terrific job of bottling up Cal's option game but QB Dennis was extremely efficient with 5 TD tosses and no turnovers.

Game Balls:
    QB David Dennis - 224.0, 16/22 (72%), 200 yds, 5 TD, 0 INT - 12 car, 48 yds (4.0 YPC)
    HB#1 Darren Ervin - 13 car, 75 yds (5.7 YPC)
    WR Maurice Harris - 11 rec, 105 yds, 2 TD -
    10 PANCAKES!!!!!!!!!!! (don't ask me....)
    WR Chris Harper - 5 rec, 85 yds, 2 TD
    DE Todd Barr - 3 tkls, 3 TFL, 3 Sks

3. jello1717

I'm really, really curious what was up with my WR getting 10 pancakes in the game! Since I'm a spread guy I start 3 WR so he's been a starter his whole career and only had 5 pancakes in 29 games before today (and 0 in his first 2 games this year).

4. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Not sure if you saw when we played in the NCG last year but DGB had 8 pancakes in one game.

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Wildcats hold of furious comeback from the Kitty Kats of Mizzou

Arizona: 35
    Mizzou: 28

This game was a tale of two halves. The first half was ALL Arizona as they went right up and down the field doing whatever they wanted. Pierre Cormier had a fantastic day getting nearly 9 yards a pop every run and Javelle Allen had a good day passing but wasn't asked to do it much. The real surprise was the defensive intensity as they Wildcats D was ferocious all day causing a myriad of turnovers. The first came on a redzone pick by Sir Thomas Jackson that was housed with :00 on the clock as he passed out at the goal line and gave Arizona a 21-3 lead at half. Arizona still had some magic in the as the forced a horrible pitch by Corbin Berkstresser and it was picked up and Pierre took the next play into the endzone for six. Arizona would allow another long drive but Devin Gordan intercepted Berkstresser In what looked the be the endzone but was ruled to have been tackled for a safety. At this point Mizzou would begin to use a great combination of slants shallows and curls and were able to counterbalance the Wildcats defensive calls. They battled back and with 3 scores and 2 two point conversions, they got it to a 28-28 draw. But with 34 seconds left, Arizona got a huge return and the returner smartly took the ball out at the 9 yard line to force Mizzou to was their timeouts and potentially kick the game winning field goal. But Zachary Green took the Diamond HB off tackle on second down into the endzone with :13 left. After a deep kick sailed through the back of the endzone, Mizzou had a three opportunities left but all were batted down to seal the 35-28 victory!

GG Fmode11 it was a good comeback and you kept calling the right play vs every defensive call.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Man, take of two halves is an understatement. I guess it's my fault as I thought you were still running your NU offense. Your very on the sticks with your mlb and I tried to force too much early. If nothing else, you forced me to get MUCH better reading coverages.

Great game. I can't believe I allowed that KR after I tied it. The replay showed houbpancaking that entire side of the field blocking.