S3W4 Atlanta vs San Diego

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hokie Effect, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Atlanta- 27
    San Diego- 24

This was a classic barn burner as neitehr team could make any seperation. Atlanta was able to shake off 4 turnovers ull of the much needed victory to improve to 3-1. Matt Ryan was able to move the ball but threw several costly INTs including a pick 6. Ryan finished with 20/36 333yds 1 TD 4 INT. White was teh MVP on the day 8 rec 188yds including a 80yd TD to put the Falcons up for good. Best lead the way on the ground with 62yds TD. San Diego had trouble establishing their offense as Matthews was held to 33yds on 19 carries. Rivers played well but a few key dros and errant throws was the difference in a 3 int loss and a 14 point victory. GG Danny

2. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

GG Hokie Effect ! In hindsight I should have gone for the first down on 4 and inches instead of kicking the game tying fg! I didn't even realize you threw so many interceptions until after the game! Your defense was the MVP in this one from my perspective. No one has held Matthews to under 40 yards in the last 3 seasons. And on 19 carries! That's impressive. And your right, I had some very costly drops and some random errant throws that hurt me. I punted 5 times in the game which is a lot and was due to your solid Defense. No play more crucial than the one interception Rivers threw in the end-zone! which was the difference of going up by two scores and you eventually tying the game. It was a tough one to loose but I thought it was a very solid match-up that I enjoyed playing. Now we're even at one a piece. Can't wait until our next match-up.