S3W5: Chargers @ Bucs

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Ace847, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

With this game already being dubbed by CWT 3000 the "game no-one wants to watch" I will try to make this as brief as possible! Both teams have started the season off slow so 0-4 Bucs vs the 1-3 Bolts didn't really bring in much in terms of ratings but at least we figured a way to play our game this week! ;) (last I checked there were a lot of un-played games for some reason....)

Both defenses played very well in this one. The Bucs had 4 turnovers with two of them resulting in TD's! The Bucs Rookie DT Mauro (who happened to be on the Chargers draft board) caused a lot of havoc up front accounting for two sacks and a forced fumble. On the other side of the ball, the Chargers were as stingy as it gets without forcing one turnover! I think we held the opposing QB's to under 40 yards passing, RB's under 60 yards rushing (under 90 total yards).

The game started out slowly with a score of 3 to 3 at the end of the second quarter when Rivers threw a costly pick six with 52 seconds to go! I felt a little uneasy trying to drive again after the pick but with 50 seconds and 3 timeouts I went for it. Rivers moved the ball well down to about the opponents 39 yard line, knocking on fg range until a huge second down sack putting the Chargers out of FG range making it 3rd and 19 with no timeouts left! Rivers quickly called his team back to the line and they barely got the snap off with only 5 seconds left and Rivers found Maclin on a streak for a 49 yard TD as time expired! The score was 10-10 at half.

during the second half the score stayed tied until the 4th quarter when the Chargers were finally able to capitalize on a long drive ending in a Eddie Royal TD. The ensuing drive was halted by the Chargers defense and the Bucs were forced to punt again.... Then the Bucs put more pressure on Rivers and caused a sack-fumble again and returned it 39 yards for a TD tying the game at 17 a piece. The Chargers just stuck to it offensively despite untimely turnovers and were able to take the lead with 3 minutes to go with a FG. The defense held the bucs on 4 downs and kicked another FG with 1:55 to go giving the Chargers a 6 point lead. The Bucs had another chance to win it but the Chargers played solid defense and shut-down the Bucs on another 4 downs. Chargers win 23-17.

GG GovernedSpy. Your defense played really tough causing turnovers and stuffing my running game!

Player of the Game: Jeremy Maclin: 4 catches 94 yards and a TD.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Hahha! Nice game.