S3W5

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mozaaik, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

[​IMG]
    Browns rally from a 14 point deficit late in the 4th quarter to tie the game with less than a minute left. The Jets looked like they were going to put together a quick drive to crush the Browns hopes of a comeback win, when Mingo picked off Dalton's pass, giving Cleveland great field position. Manziel wasn't going to let that stop him from throwing into the hands of every jets defender, luckily these were dropped and the Browns were able to fight their way until calling their final time out with 2 seconds left. Okafor made up for his struggles against Houston and made the 44 yard field goal look easy. Browns add 17 points in the 4th quarter and steal the game away from the New York Jets, moving to 3-2. Cleveland has struggled in the run game most of this season and the jets made it worse for them this week, making Johnny throw the ball 55 (421 yards) times, something Cleveland needs to fix if they hope to keep their win streak rolling.

This the first time Cleveland has had a winning record since coach Blankenship took over in 2014. They get to take next week off and hope to work on correcting their offensive mistakes before taking on rival Pittsburgh Steelers in what is sure to be an interesting game. Manziel has thrown 2 INT in every game since going 3 td/0 INT in week 1.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Good game McStrauss you really deserved that win, I caught a huge break with those dropped INT. Sorry for the short summary, just wanted to get us one up here.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 2
  2. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

I watched this game, McStrauss, and not to take anything away from Mozaaik, you should have won. That crazy late dropped INT that the Browns WR caught on the reflection at the 4 yard line was madness. It was very exciting to watch!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. McStrauss

McStrauss Walk On

Seriously great game man. It was crazy to see how our game plans were almost exactly opposite one another, despite it being such a close game. I was leaning hard on my run game with Jolly at HB and Graham at RG, which was working surprisingly well. I think I ran it like 10 times straight or something on that one drive. Thing is, you just can't expect to get in the endzone playing like that. Your pass defense was just so good (Joe Haden...) that it was nearly impossible to move the ball in the air. Conversely, I completely smothered pretty much every run you went for, but you were still able to win time of possession since your receivers were ALWAYS open. I eventually just started bringing 3-man rushes on pretty much every down and you were still finding the gaps.

Still, I'm pretty happy with how parts of my team played. Despite Dalton's two costly picks, I attribute those more to great plays by Haden and Mingo and poor route running by Graham and Harris than any bad throws made by him. I was also seriously impressed with how David Harris and Demario Davis played, especially in the run game. And of course, Jolly was running great all night. Still has yet to pick up his first TD as a Jet, though.

GG Moz. See you in the playoffs.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

Seriously man, no offense taken. This is probably my first win I've truly felt like I didn't deserve, I don't even really feel good about it, just ready to move on lol. I made some real bad plays, I'd look to a receiver and be like 'oh he's covered' then throw it to him. It was ridiculous, need to get back where I was in week 1 when I play you lol.

Yeah man, good game to you too for sure. Like said above, you deserved that win way more than me. And don't count your passing attack out, you were making some good throws last night and tie run game was just torching my defense. Haden played great, but Mingo deserves the most credit with that crazy late pick. I hope we get to play again sometime so I can redeem myself from that embarrassment last night.

• Like Like x 1