S3W7

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mozaaik, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

Browns (3-2) and Steelers (3-2) collide in another great rivalry match up this week in Pittsburgh. What comes as a surprise to many, the Browns manage to squeeze by with the help of their.... Running game? It took 6 rough weeks, but the Browns found their feet in the run game behind Terrance West, who was playing his first season start and averaged 6.8 yards per carry.

The Browns defense took care of business on the Steelers first possession and forced a punt, where the Browns took their time to finally get into the end zone by a 4 YD catch by Newsome. Fitzpatrick received no help from his receivers on the next drive and were forced to punt again. The Browns found the end zone again early in the 2nd quarter with West carrying the ball in for 3 yards. Both offenses struggled for most of the 2nd quarter, until Johnny dropped back and threw his first pick of the game on the PIT 32. Two plays later and Fitzpatrick throws one of his own. The Browns couldn't make much on their drive and were forced to punt where the Steelers offense started moving behind the arm of Fitzpatrick who found Trammell for a 20 YD TD to close out the half. 14-7 CLE.

The Browns received the ball to start the second half but a Manziel pick on the CLE 18, gave the Steelers great field position. Five plays later, Brown finds his way into the end zone on a 1 YD carry, tying the game at 14. The Browns appeared to be crumbling on both sides of the football and the game looked like it may sneak away from them, before the Steelers are forced to settle for a 36 YD FG. Leaning heavily on their run game, the Browns fight to the PIT 14 where West takes the ball in for 14 YDs. Giving the Browns a 21-17 lead moving into the 4th quarter.

The Steelers moved the chains all the way up to the CLE 18 where Fitzpatrick finds Archer on a 18 YD reception to give the Steelers the lead (21-24) with 8:16 remaining. The Browns looked like they were going to have a quick 3 and out on the next possession before Manziel's pass floats over the defenders fingertips and into the hands of Arrington to pick up the first down. Manziel kept the ball himself and slammed it in on 3rd down, giving the Browns a 28-24 lead with a little under four minutes remaining. The Steelers didn't give up and kept moving up the field before Tashaun Gipson was able to jump the route and take the interception with 2 minutes remaining. The run game saved the Browns here as West hit a huge hole at the line and took the ball for 36 yards, sealing the Browns victory. The Steelers still didn't give up and the game got interesting when Trammell took the ball 72 YDs before being hit 1 yard shy of the end zone with 27 seconds left. The Steelers however, did not have any remaining time outs and was able to get the TD with 4 seconds remaining. Out of time and falling short of the two point conversion, the Browns leave Pittsburgh with a 35-30 victory and move on to 4-2.

Seriously, great game Freakskull I can't wait for the rematch in two weeks! I'm loving this rivalry we have going on and it sure turns out some great football. I got seriously lucky with the run game tonight, which won the game for me. Goodluck next week, and the rest of the season except week 9. :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

Great Pics, glad I only have to wait 2 weeks to play again in the dawg pound!

• Like Like x 3