S3W8: Panthers @ Chargers

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Ace847, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Blaza ?

I got behind in this one and had a good comeback working and tied the game in the 4th but Blaza sealed the game win with a last minute FG to win it 34-31..... Heart Breaker! Our overall record is tied now at one game a piece. I really needed this one to keep my playoff hopes alive and the last minute loss was tough.

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Thanks man, sorry I havent had a chance to post up a summary yet. I will add one to this post this afternoon!

Panthers move to 6-1; slip by San Diego 34-31

In a rematch of Season 1's 1 point Chargers win, the Carolina Panthers went on the road and took care of business against a game San Diego squad. After struggling through the first few weeks of the season, Carolina QB Cam Newton looks to have found his stride as the 4th year man has been terrific during CARs 4 game winning streak. Supercam led the squad, going 18-22 for 251 yards 3TDs and 1 Int. He was generous with the football, keeping the Chargers off-balance by hitting 7 different receivers on the afternoon.

Carolina's defense started the game quickly, making plays on SD RB Ryan Matthews and picking off Philip Rivers on SDs opening possession. The Panthers drove right down the park and Newton hit rookie Georgio Mucci for a 23 yeard TD strike. SD answered in the 2nd quarter with 2 Rivers TD passes, but Carolina put up 17 points of their own behind Mucci and DeAngelo Williams. At the half, Carolina led 24-14.
    The 3rd quarter was a bit of a bore, with Ryan Matthews punching in a short TD and Carolina being held to no points. To start the 4th, a hot handed Rivers, who recovered from 3 1st half picks tossed another dart into the endzone to tie the game at 34. With 3 minutes on the clock, WR/KR Johnny Knox made a wonderful cut on the kickoff and raced down the sidelines for a 55 yard return before being knocked out of bounds. Newton led the Panthers down to the 10 yard line with 19 yard run and a couple of checkdowns to his backs to put Carolina in range. With no timeouts left, SD had to watch as CAR kicked in a chip shot to take the lead as time expired.

GG Danny, another nail biter!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

GG Blaza! Can't wait to play again! hopefully next season we can decide the tie breaker.