S3W8 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Ghost, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Get er done
    Will have mine up today

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  2. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Patriots beat the Colts 34-17
    -The Patriots really needed to win this game. They need to string together some wins and they need to win at home.
    The keys going into the game were
    -Winning the Turnover battle
    -The Run game
    -3rd down conversions
    -Red zone TD's

The Patriots won this game mostly because they didn't have any turnovers and the Colts had four. This was the key to the game.
    The Patriots also did a good job on 3rd down and in the red zone. One thing they felt they needed to do going in to the game was get Indy out of their comfort zone. The Colts like to get the lead and run the ball. NE came out aggressive to try and force the Colt's to be more of a more passing team. This seemed to help as Luck really struggled.

Key players

1. QB Ryan Mallett: he was 14-19 for 203 yards, 2 TD's and 0 INT's. Mallett was very efficient and did what he needed to do to get the win.

2. TE Rob Gronkowski had a great first half and then got hurt. He had 5 catches for 61 yards at the half. He is not injured so he'll be ready to go next week.

3. CB Aqib Talib had a great day in coverage. He picked Luck off twice.

Next up for the Patriots is a road trip against the rival Bills.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Coming in to the game, I thought I could go after Talib because of his speed, but I guess not. ..lol. Luck was uncharacteristically inaccurate. I definitely agree I got away from running the ball, not so much because I wasn't successful, I just liked my match ups in the passing game. Didn't work out that way, credit your defense there. Good game and good luck the rest of the season.

• Like Like x 1