S3W9 Panthers at Falcons

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Blaza, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Apr 17, 2009
    Panthers Move to 7-1: Hold off Falcons 35-28 on the road
    Carolina took a 2 game division lead with a hard fought victory in Atlanta against the rival Falcons. Coming into the game, both squads knew that this would be an important one in the division and both teams scratched and clawed for every yard. Cam Newton led the way for th Panthers connecting on 17-22 passes for 251 yards 3 TDs/1 INT, 5 carries 34 yards 1 TD.​
    Carolina got off to an early start, as veteran CB Chris Gamble undercut Julio Jones and turned on the burners taking Matt Ryan back for a pick 6. Atlanta answered with a long drive of their own, ending in a 4 yard TD romp by Brandon Jacobs. In the 2nd Quarter, Newton took over, hitting Brandon Lafell for a 32 yard TD pass, then following up with a 24 yard TD run of his own. Newton infuriated Falcon cans by hitting PrimeTime, Deion Sanders pattented high step in the endzone after his TD Run. The Falcons answered with 7 from a Ryan to Roddy White TD pass, but with 13 seconds to go, Newton found Rookie RB Miles Barton, who juked a linebacker and raced 85 yards for a TD. Carolina went into the break up 28-14.​
    The 3rd quarter was a wrestling match, with Atlanta scoring the only points off of a Jahvid Best TD run. Atlanta would go on to tie the game at 28 in the middle of the 4th. With 4 minutes to go, Newton led a long, drive that saw the Panthers inside the red zone. With Carolina just looking to bleed the clock for a FG, Atlanta missed a tackle on big FB Mike Tolbert and the Tolar Bear ran away from the Falcon defense for a 20 yard TD run. Atlanta had a chance with a minute left to make a game tying drive, but MLB Jon Beason picked off Ryan to end the drive and lock up the win for Carolina. The Panthers head home to host the Saints in another division battle.​

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Jul 4, 2009
    I knew I would have to play perfect to beat you and once again those damn turnovers are killing me. Gg and see you in Carolina. Oh and I am starting to hate Cam Newton....
    • Like Like x 1