(S4) 2016: Division Preview

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by KnightNoles, Mar 18, 2014.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

The Longest Yard

[​IMG]
    As we kick off season 4, let us take a look at how each division will shake out. We saw the Dolphins and Seahawks battle it out in last years Super Bowl. We saw a few upsets in the playoffs and after a strong FA pool some teams have been reshaped and divisions redefined. So what will the 2016 season have in store for us? We take a preview of each division, so lets dive in and get it going:

AFC NORTH

upload_2014-3-18_1-33-10.png
    I will go with the incumbent Ravens ( The Rulah ) with the Browns ( jay2149 ) close on the heels and supposedly has a winning reputation. With the Steelers and Bengals bringing up the rear as they are CPU.

AFC SOUTH

upload_2014-3-18_1-39-3.png
    LSUTRUTH moves North from Miami to Jacksonville and continues his conference dominance with the Texans ( biggcoug65 ) and Colts ( dakota7 ) grabbing the two wildcard slots and the Titans ( CWT 3000 ) at the bottom of the South.

AFC EAST

upload_2014-3-18_1-43-7.png

The Patriots ( charter04 ) recapture the East after the past few years being the Dolphins division and the Jets ( Mogriffjr ) will fight as hard to take this division also along with the Bills ( jwaddy ) but I see them beating up each other and letting the previously stated South capture both WC bids.

AFC WEST

upload_2014-3-18_1-46-27.png

Same ole' story out west in the Chiefs ( bjbdahitman ) taking the division with the Chargers ( 1ke ) tight on their heels with an impressive victory last year in the playoffs. The Broncos ( Craig Brown ) has some work to do but may have found a gunslinger at QB in a rookie and the Raiders bringing up the rear as a CPU team.

NFC NORTH

upload_2014-3-18_1-50-30.png

This might be the most non-competitive three team division out there, the staple are the Vikings under JSimms and after that it is a crap-shoot besides the user-less Bears. The Packers in BrewBomber and Lions under nicknick68 hope to prove me wrong and I hope they do!

NFC SOUTH

upload_2014-3-18_1-54-8.png

Here is your multiple WC team division, as each of these teams can win double digit victories. The Falcons under antcap24 were embarrassed in the playoffs last year and his offseason was arguably the best. These guys should shake it up this season but besides either splitting in their own division they should win about every other game. The Saints under Matrix Monkey continues to chase bad playoff luck, the Bucs ( ptsbx1 ) impressed in his first full season at the helm and the darkhorse lays in the Panthers with Blaza not knowing how involved or focus he will be for the season.

NFC EAST

upload_2014-3-18_1-59-39.png
    I do not know what to expect from this division, I'll go with the safe pick in the Redskins ( HotRod ) but do not know how his playing season will be affected by his soon to be heavy left ring finger. The Giants ( damazinjason ) have an opportunity to take advantage of along with the Cowboys in T.B.A.R. then the CPU Eagles will bring up the rear.

NFC WEST

upload_2014-3-18_2-3-20.png
    The Seahawks ( KnightNoles ) ought to continue as division champs from the previous year and continue to put one of the best teams on the field. The Rams behind Ghost will have his chances to push the Hawks and in order for him to come through Teddy Bridgewater must stay healthy. In order for the Niners ( Chief9 ) and the Cardinals ( brizz98 ) to contend will be how well the assemble a team and put the best product on the field, because I feel on paper both teams have taken considerable steps back from where they were 2 seasons ago.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    • Like Like x 11
  2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Anybody have something to add or disagree? I know someone has a voice to be heard!

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Nice write up. Looking forward to the battles with LSUTRUTH and biggcoug65 and CWT 3000 The AFC South sure has changed in 3 seasons.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

I feel like the afc south is going to be tough. I really do look forward to the battles with this group. Jags and texans went to war last night.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LSUTRUTH

I'd say the browns take a wild card spot. They should get Atleast 4 wins via the CPU making it tough for the afc south to get both slots. Also don't sleep on the jets taking that division. Those 3 players in the afc east are close in skill. NFC south is toughest to predict I see matrix finally stumbling and being a wildcard. Last don't sleep on the chargers they were impressive in the playoffs. He beat BJb one time last year so if he could string it together he could win that division. Afc playoff race is going to be a mess with 8-10 teams with legit shots at making a wildcard run. Heck the Nfc is the exact same way. Look forward to watching it play out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Lets just say I wish teams could change divisions, haha.

7. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

I wouldn't say war, it was a whoopin! Not sure what it was, but it seemed like some of my guys just stayed in the locker room. You played a heck of a game and I am hoping for a better showing in Houston.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Tough division. I look to rue the day.

9. ptsbx1

ptsbx1 Walk On

Your telling me. haha

10. LSUTRUTH

You hurt 3 of my guys.

11. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

On point with the Rams preview. Teddy stays healthy and we are rolling.

12. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Almost lost to the CPU Dolphins. Not a good sign.