S4 Awards Race: campaign thread

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Wyrmreaver, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Since we are basically at the end of the year...... I figured we could give a hand and post our final nominations for post-season awards. Here you can shamelessly plug why your guy deserves to win and convince the "awards coordinator." Eventually you'll also want to post the final stats of your nominee(s) so that He has all the info to make a decision in the offseason!

2. Wyrmreaver

[​IMG]Kevin Spain, SR(RS) QB[​IMG]
    Spain has burst onto the scene this year leading a surprising Hawaii team to an 11-1 record, in fact, Spain was hurt for the last series and overtime of the Warriors only loss, otherwise they could be unbeaten. Kevin has been a dynamic dual threat that has sparked the Warriors offense and made them the #1 scoring team in the nation. While there are a few players with more passing yards, nobody has a higher QB rating than Kevin this season, he leads the NCAA by a wide margin. Compared to other candidates, his TD to INT ratio is staggering. Before conference title or bowl games, Kevin has thrown 30 TDs against only 7 INTs. He has thrown for 2852 yards while completing 64.3% of his passes on the year. On top of all that, none of the other candidates have displayed the running ability that he has. In the regular season, Spain rushed for 750 yards and 11 TDs. Spain should be the runaway favorite to win the Namath award this season, especially if he continues to perform at this high level through the conference title and bowl games.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  3. Wyrmreaver

I imagine the competition for the Barry Sanders award will be fierce, considering the top 3 rushers in the nation are all user controlled backs!

4. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

[​IMG]Brandon Dunn SR (RS) [​IMG]
    There is no candidate more deserving of the 4th Horseman's 2014 Dick Butkus award than FIU's Senior DT Brandon Dunn. After first transferring to FIU and then forgoing first round money to come back for his senior season, Dunn was the heart and soul of FIU's defense, which held opposing teams to just 17.4 points a game. FIU also held teams to just 160 yards of passing, as well as a mere 85 yards rushing.​

But even more impressive than the team stats, were Dunn's individual stats. Despite playing as the NT in Coach Baron's 3-4 scheme, Dunn went above and beyond the normal soaking up of blocks. Dunn would take on a team's double teams and still make plays in the backfield. His 25 sacks easily led the country, coming 1 shy of the NCAA single season record. But perhaps just as impressive were his 40 tackles for loss, along with his 46 tackles. "Dunn would take everything an offense could throw at him and still produce. I'm covinced that without him, we'd probably have lost another game or two."

Dunn also had 3 forced fumbles, including a crucial one against Army, as well as an 82 yard return for a touchdown for the 295 pounder.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wyrmreaver

Not gonna lie.... the highlights put this over the top for me..... give that guy the damn award already!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Baron

If the guy had 5 sacks and 10 tackles, I say you give it to him based on that FR-TD alone. Dude is 295 lbs and outran the ENTIRE offense. With 7 juked would-be tacklers to boot!

We should add a best highlight award!

7. Wyrmreaver

That is an excellent Idea and would make for a sweet thread if everyone was posting their best plays throughout the year

8. GMangs

GMangs Walk On

Tahj Kimble

269 rushes for 1918 yards and 20 TD. Also has a kickoff return for a TD. Missed about 3 weeks due to injury. Guy is a stud. Not much else to say.

9. GMangs

GMangs Walk On

Can't believe he isn't even a Heisman candidate

10. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

If there's any candidate that can push Dunn for this award, it's:

Calvin Smith . . . Smith is the defending Butkus award winner and currently a Bednarik, Nagurski, and Lombardi award finalist on the game. Smith had 54 total tackles (42 solo) with 29 of those coming for a loss. He had 20 sacks on the year, 4 force fumbles, and 1 fumble recovery. In addition Smith is only rated an 80 OVR while Dunn is a 94, thus Smith does more with less (He's 11 lbs. smaller too lol).

Fresh Meat Award:
    True Frosh HB Bo Woods had 604 yards on 101 carries and 5 scores on the ground, most of which came in backup duty. He also has a team high 5.9 yards per carry. This versatile bruiser also had 13 receptions for 304 yards and 2 more scores. To top it off, he 776 return yards and a another score.

MLB True Freshman Jordan Cantrell fiished 4th in the country with 54 solo tackles (79 total). Cantrell also had 13 tackles for a loss, a sack, an interception, a force fumble, 2 pass defelctions plus an astounding ball hawking 5 fumble recoveries, 2 of which went for touchdowns

11. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

Jerry Rice....Paul Robinson Award
    78 catches
    1560 yards
    19 TDs
    All around bad ass...Ball so hard motherfuckers want to fine me....

12. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Smith and Cantrell were both named 2nd Team All Americans

Woods and Cantrell were both named Freshman All Americans

Smith and Woods were both named national players of the week on their respective sides of the ball week 5

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  13. GMangs

GMangs Walk On

Ended up getting 2nd. Think he coulda won it if he didn't get injured early in the last game.

14. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

Damn. Florida kid with 99 spin move and 90 break tackle. Looks like you'll be young at RB next season.

15. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

I should have given the ball to Blakely more. He ended up on the Heisman voting (5th place) all while I was trying to split time to get both my backs to come back next year. I will have my candidates later today.

16. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Was there an award for O-line?

Jonathan Wilson (FR Tackle) - 17 pancakes, 0 sacks allowed

Returner: Chris Dunkley (Jr. WR) - 38 KR 1014 yards 2 TD, 43 PR 436 yards (10.1 avg) 1 TD

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  17. Baron

Dunn added three, count'em three, more sacks to become the Single season record holder at 28, sans cheese!

18. GMangs

GMangs Walk On

And he did all that behind a terrible line.

19. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

But you have to look at the amount of carries your guy had compared to Hokies and Jman's.

20. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Not to mention both of those HB's went onto play in a BCS bowl.