Archived (S4) BCS Chaos: Playbooks

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Dec 4, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

SMU

CPB: Prostyle Offense (Washington) 20 Formations, 6 Sets:

'3-4 Defense (3-3-5 Sets added)

• Like Like x 1
  3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]
    Default PBs​
    LSU​
    Multiple D​

4. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Offense: Custom PB(Auburn Base)
    5 ACE formations
    2 I-Form
    1 Strong I
    4 Pistol
    15 Shotgun

Defense: 3-4 no multiple defense cowardice here

• Like Like x 1
  5. smace767

smace767 Walk On

My customs:

Offense=North Carolina custom
    defense = 3-3-5 custom with 3-4, 5-2 formations

Use 100 % base formations. remove some plays and add one or two run and one or two pass formations with the plays that become free.

North Carolina base Pro style offense with plus 1-2 run-1-2 pass formations

defense= 3 def lineman and 3 lbers.
    3-4, 3-3-5, 5-2, rush ends / OLB used like spencer and ware for the cowboys. some times hand on the ground in 5-2 or 3-3-5 spread, some times traditional olb like in 3-4.

In the tourny guys complained because the 5-2 drops the ends in coverage in some plays, got called out for hot routing when it was the play design. the 5-2 is really a lot of 3-4 concept that starts with hand on the ground for the outside contain personnel.

6. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

UW-Offense is Base....

4-3 defense based added in a 5-2

• Like Like x 1
  7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    Offense: Pro (USC Base)
    Defense: 4-3

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

smace767 - That LB at defensive end shit will not fly. I know its 'real life' but in the virtual world thats cheese and not one commish on TSO will allow that. Just save us all the headache and just keep 'em in the 3-4. Don't take it personal -- I actually defended you on that topic in the Commish forum. Despite knowing its a real life thing, lets just leave it alone.

KnightNoles - That won't fly either. Pick something.

To the rest, just name a style -- you can hide some details. Just let us know if its 'Pro, Option, Spread' thats it. As long as you run what you declare its cool. On defense, the same thing. Pick a base. Multiple defenses will probably be a wrong answer next season. Pick a defense... I don't care what little wrinkles you guys add, just make sure you are in your base defense most of the time, situation permitting.

9. KnightNoles

[​IMG]

Do what? So if I create a 4-3 custom and add stuff it is ok, but I can't run with the default multiple?

I'll more then likely go with Default 4-3 then...

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I read your post wrong.

11. KnightNoles

Just tryin to find anything to beat the champ down with eh?

:rolleyes: :eek:

(y)

So, I'm good right?

12. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

yeah Jr.

13. smace767

smace767 Walk On

You missed me with whatever your talkin about there is formation subs that put lb at de. any outside blitz the lb is in the same role as the de. The nickle 2-4 in the Default 3-3-5 and a few others has olb at de. the nickle 1-5 is all lbs

in the 335 some formations the olb lines up on the line and rushes.
    in the 5-2 the de drop in coverage in some plays
    nothing i do manually. i call the play.
    now are you sayin the 5-2 is outlawed and the 335 is outlawed the nickle 2-4 and 1-5 are outlawed. cause thats what it sounds like your sayin. I never said i formation subbed. thats the playart and the way the defense is designed. In the Virtual world.

go to the playbook and look at the playart for the 335 split, 335 bear and the 5-2 cover 2, nickle 1-5 and 2-4.

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Now I'm about to school you a bit. First, the 3-3-5 DOES NOT have a LB at the DE spot, a DE sits there. The first 3 stands for down linemen, the next 3 stands for 3 LBs and the 5 stands for the number of people in the secondary. The LB NEVER puts his hand on the ground. That reason is shot down.

The 1-5-5 Nickel... hmm, thats why its not allowed as a base defense. But more on topic... the LBs NEVER put their hands on the ground in that formation... NEVER. They are standing, identifying them as LBs.

I don't mind you running a 5-2 and making that switch SPARINGLY but according to your post that looks to be something you will run a lot. We can't see you making that switch on the virtual world so I can't see myself letting that one go.

Custom defenses are banned anyway so what book are you using?

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

You're good. I read your post as your offense was 'PB Default' and your defense as 'LSU Multiple'. Thats why I said pick something.

16. smace767

smace767 Walk On

in my 2nd post i said plays the role of de.

You didn t school me cause you didnt look at the playart and you didnt answer the question.

3-3-5 with a few sets added is what i said im running. 3 down lineman and 3 lbs is base and i will be in my base on many passing plays cause the defense is flexible.

next the 3-3-5 split has 3 lbs BUT the alignment is 3 dlineman and one LB on the line and 2 lbs off the line

[​IMG]

Hand on the ground is not what im talking about its the role.
    a blitz vacates an area or responsibility. the lb who lines up on the line in the 3-3-5 in some sets, has no other job but to line up over the tackle on the line and rush in some sets like a DE. even if you spread 5 wide the 3 dl and one lb stay on the line and rush and other defenders acount for the 5 wrs.

The 5-2 the DE are athletic enough to be called rush lbs or mobile DEs, used like the cowboys use Ware and Spencer. Rush or drop one or both or neither.

[​IMG]

in the 5-2 cover 2 and 3 the DE lines up like a DE and then drops into coverage.
    Never knew calling a game designed defense was cheese. Tricky yes, strategy yes, part of the game is to confuse the offense.

I dont see what the problem is but again are you saying you cant play defense with these game designed sets.

17. smace767

smace767 Walk On

18. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

My issue isn't with the play but its about moving LBs to play the DE. Like I said above, I don't mind letting that slide on a 3rd and short to defend against the PA but using the 5-2 like that regularly will bring complaints especially when that LB starts beating that tackle regularly in a user game.

What defensive playbook are you using with all this 3-4, 3-3-5, and 5-2?

19. smace767

smace767 Walk On

again i think you think im moving / subbing a lb into the lineup. in the base 5-2 its DE who are assigned to play like lbs in certain sets. im not moving anybody. the 5-2 is a two te defense. its not meant for 1st down at mid field. depending on match up its a goaline, short yardage option.
    its one of the few defenses that put 8 people in zone. Now 4 of them cant cover that well but inside the redzone they can clog up passing lanes while still being able to handle the run, In theory.

Better players can still beat any scheme.

The pass rush is not the key feature to this defense. The lb is usually not the best pass rusher in this. he is on the line for balance. the key to this defense is it has some of the best anti glitch, stop the spam slant, spam Te to the outside, spam crossing routes, coverages in the game while not giving up good tacklers and run assignments.

my base is the 3-3-5
    5-2 is not a playbook there are only 6 or 8 total 5-2 plays.

only 3-4
    3-3-5
    4-3
    4-2
    multiple are base playbooks.

5-2, 4-4, 46, 1-1-5, nickle, dime, quarter are just sets in a base playbook

20. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Buckeyes

Multiple Offense

Base 4-3 defense.. although Im thinking about adding some formations, like all you cheating bastards out there lol

• Like Like x 1
  21. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Are you not reading shit I post and just responding? After reading your posts I'm close to BANNING ALL CUSTOM PLAYBOOKS. If people are 'spamming' certain things they will be booted out the league. Chaos is not some cheese fest and if thats whats going on we have a problem. And the reason all would be banned is the fact that guys would have playbooks full of that stuff.

Now I'm curious about who have you played that used those tactics. Please PM me that name.

22. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

II can find a default formation where the lbs are hands on the ground, maybe the funky 1-5-5. With that said its a non issue for user vs user as tackles will win that battle in run situations. Yea it can be seen as cheese cause you can't see if they are on the line or not just the number of lbs. Its a non issue for me because im in shotgun 85% of time so dunno a situation where a 5-2 can be used vs me. Pre play i check everyone on defense and i would screen you to death if i seen it. In short I can't see a valid reason to allow it, depends on how other comishes around two feel. If its considered cheese site wide, find a better way to play defense. Cause as of now linebackers in de spots screams cheese and has never been allowed ever.

23. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Also there a 3-4 formations that can get the same results your trying to get without putting linebackers in de spots, just they will be standing identify themselves as linebackers, unlike the 5-2 method where a users can't tell

24. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

You know what smace767 -- After sleeping on it, go ahead and run it. Its sim as shit. I'm sure the power running game of myself and benbuckeye will make you forget about that real quick.

25. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Yea alot of people dont understand that if you run straight at people using a 1-5-5 or 3-3-5 to blitz...you will gash that arse...unless they are using aggressive defensive line...which is super cheesy...I ghet a FB and pound you until you switch to a 5-2 or 4-3 then Play action...or shotgun and screen you to death...lol

For CPB I just took HOF rules and ran with it...

Pick a base def and add on one base to it....

on offense pick a base offense 6 sets 20 formations......

my entire offense feels different even with using the bulk of the offense I had before....and JerzeyReign my rb is not overrated...I had to figure out what plays I could run and those I couldn't. For example anything I run without a FB (ACE Formation)will be a 3 or 4 yards loss becuase the new sliders allows people in the backfield before my rb gets the rock lol. Its all good because I can run out of the spread...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011