S4: Bowl Games

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by H22APWRD94, Feb 3, 2013.

1. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Bowl games are up guys. National Championship game is a user game, everything else is cpu games. cmassey13 & cyhiphopp, let us know when it is going down. Everybody else, I would like to advance tuesday sometime. Let us know when you will play.

2. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Tonight at 9 CST might work. I need to talk to my wife after work today. Otherwise we may need to push off until tomorrow night at 9.

4. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

ISUCubswin, any idea on when you can get your bowl game in? I will be advancing tonight by midnight, no matter what, so let me know if you can get it in today or not. If not, I will advance today to get us to the offseason.

5. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Well, I finally lost a game in BNR! After winning the NC my first season, and ending up #3 at bowl time last year, I got a shot at Arizona State in this years NC.

The game ended up as my #1 Instant Classic. It was a defensive battle to start, with neither team wanting to give up big plays. Louisville scored a TD with under 2 minutes remaining to go up 7, but left too much time on the clock. ASU drove down the field and tied it up as time expired on a sneaky QB scramble up the middle for 3 yards. Time for Over Time! Louisville's starting right tackle was a senior leader playing his last game. He also played his worst game. In OT he gave up the fourth sack of the game for ASUs stud DE which left a 3rd and LONG. The third down pass fell short and the Cards were forced to kick a 47 yard FG just to get points. ASU scored a TD a few plays later as it seemed the Lousville defense was gassed.

Lousvilles True Freshman QB had a horrible game. He completed 38% of his passes and a pick with no TDs. He made up for it with some solid running but it just wasn't enough. Louisville made too many mistakes on both sides of the ball and ASU earned another title.

• Like Like x 1
  6. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Young sounds like my QB in my bowl game with FSU. He threw 5 interceptions, but the defense was good all game, holding FSU to 19, and securing a safety to end any late game chances for FSU.

7. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

He luckily didn't throw a lot of picks, just not a lot of completions. I could not get guys open against ASUs good DBs and I obviously couldn't block the LE to get open deep. Frustrating, yet I was still in it. I was dumb and tried to hard to throw down the field at the end of the first half. I ended up giving him extra possessions and losing my lead. I should have just kept running it and not given him the ball back... ever.