(S4) Conference Championship Week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Fight'n Hokie, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Fight'n Hokie

Fight'n Hokie Walk On

#2 Oregon vs. #3 USC
    54-10

Oregons defense make plays when they had to and helped take home the PAC 12 Title!

The Ducks forces to fumbles that they recovered, they also picked off 2 passes on the day. USC's QB, Lane may see Duck defenders in his sleep as he would be sacked 5 times and tackled for a loss serveral times. USC stud running back, Calhoun was held in check with exception to a long TD run for 62 yards. Calhoun totaled only 103 yards on the day.

The Duck offense threw when they had to with Bennett going 3-3 and 1 score to Ford for 76 yards. Ford was untouched as the Ducks caught USC in what seemed to be an all out blitz, Ford was wide open! Oregon lost their stud running back Robinson after only 3 carries to a concussion but the back ups filled in nicely! Carson had 183 yards on 14 carries and 4 scores, while Ryan carries the ball 5 times for 68 yards. The Ducks totaled 310 yards on the ground.

Turnovers & Special Teams proved costly for USC as the opening Kickoff was returned for 100 yards by #2 Hill. That return followed by an early turnover by USC helped put Oregon up 14-0 and they never looked back.

2. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Well after trying several times to play our game and it freezing, ptown27 and I could not get the game rescheduled so we agreed to let me play the cpu. I won 44-0 to take home the sec champ yet again. Looks like it will be Auburn vs Oregon for the natty. Can we 3 peat? or will the Ducks rule the roost?