S4 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by charter04, Oct 22, 2012.

1. charter04

charter04 Walk On

UCLA 35
    Michigan St. 31

This game ended up being a classic. UCLA couldn't have been any luckier in the 4th but, the Bruins will take it. Michigan St. was up 31 to 13 in the 4th when UCLA came storming back. UCLA scored 22 in the 4th to take the game.

The MVP of the game was Derek Coe who ended up with 4 TD's.

[​IMG] UCLA
    [​IMG] MSU
    1st Downs 12 17
    3rd down conversions 5/10 3/8
    4th down conversions 0/0 1/1
    Total offense 408 438
    Passing yards 365 421
    Completions/Attempts 18/27 24/36
    Yards Per Attempt 13.5 11.7
    Rushing yards 43 17
    Rushing Attempts 20 14
    Yard Per Rush 2.2 1.2
    Penalties-yards 3-30 1-10
    Turnovers 0 1
    Fumbles Lost 0 0
    Interceptions Thrown 0 1
    possession 14:41 13:19

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

[​IMG]

Oregon- 21
    FSU- 20

Florida St looked like the better team today, but were held to FG's made and missed. The Seminoles had a smothering defense forcing 2 turnovers and stopping several 3rd down attempts by the Ducks. But liek they say its better to be lucky than good and it was the Oregon Ducks who prospered and were able to score on its last possession. QB Marcus Mariota made several key plays both on the ground and in the air finishing with 195yds 2 TD in teh air and 58yds on the ground. WR Tio Sumler was Mariotas favorite target with 5 rec 119yds including a 63yd TD rec to answer FSU's early score.

[​IMG] FSU
    [​IMG] Oreg
    1st Downs 14 13
    3rd down conversions 8/14 6/10
    4th down conversions 0/0 0/0
    Total offense 338 301
    Passing yards 279 195
    Completions/Attempts 13/25 11/23
    Yards Per Attempt 11.2 8.5
    Rushing yards 59 106
    Rushing Attempts 30 24
    Yard Per Rush 2 4.4
    Penalties-yards 2-15 1-15
    Turnovers 1 2
    Fumbles Lost 0 0
    Interceptions Thrown 1 2
    possession 16:48 11:12

GG Twist

• Like Like x 1
  3. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Sorry about the music messing up for a minute there.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    lol this was pretty good...didn't know u had a PVR...def looking into one...

• Like Like x 1
  5. charter04

charter04 Walk On

UCLA dominates Arizona

The Bruins beat the Wildcats 69-7 and totally embarrassed them on their home field. This game was not even close from the second quarter on. UCLA just had one of those games were everything just clicked. The running game and passing game were stellar for UCLA. They had a 52-0 lead at the half. They already had 300 yards of offense at the half and they played all backups the second half. It was great to see some young guys get some playing time. The player that stood out was FR RB Dave McDowell. He had 10 carries for 70 yards and 1 TD in the second half. He impressed the coaches enough that they moved him to #2 on the depth chart. Great win for UCLA.

Player of the game: Derek Coe 15 carries for 136 yards and 3 TD's in the first half.

You can view highlights on the dynasty wire

Game Stat's
    [​IMG] Ariz
    [​IMG] UCLA
    1st Downs 11 16
    3rd down conversions 3/9 7/10
    4th down conversions 0/0 0/0
    Total offense 237 483
    Passing yards 268 218
    Completions/Attempts 17/30 13/17
    Yards Per Attempt 8.9 12.8
    Rushing yards -31 265
    Rushing Attempts 14 36
    Yard Per Rush -2.2 7.4
    Penalties-yards 4-40 6-52
    Turnovers 5 0
    Fumbles Lost 0 0
    Interceptions Thrown 5 0
    possession 9:10 18:50

Next up for UCLA is Florida St. This will be a good one.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  6. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

FSU: 24 OSU: 3

This game was a huge one for the Seminoles. After losing a heartbreaker to Oregon, the Noles knew they had to come out guns blazing, but the defense was not up for the opening drive of the second quarter and gave up a FG to give the Buckeyes the 3-0 lead. The Seminoles came roaring back and scored on a 1 yard plunge by RB Dorian Strong after a huge pass play from Mark Smith to Bryan Hicks, giving the lead to FSU 7-3. The Seminoles defense would rise to the occasion and shut out Coach Braves Buckeyes the rest of the way while scoring on 2 short runs from Strong again and Sam Branch.

GG Brave.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I know Twister18 will do a recap of our game but, here are some highlights. Great hard fought game.

• Like Like x 2
  8. sydeburnz

sydeburnz Walk On

Illinois 21 vs Maryland 14

Dadrhino mentioned he hadn't played HUM vs HUM in a while, so he was nervous. He was papa Perry's Maryland, I was nervous. To me the tale of a game is in the punt return stat. Illinois had 2 and Maryland had 4.

It was all about crappy secondary the 1st half. Hands of stone while potential interception after interception fell on the deft ground. Coveraage was amazing by both teams , over agressive yet ineffective. The fighting Illini did manage to control the ball on the ground securing their second best rushing total in 2 years at a dismal 80 total. The patch by EA seemed to herald not only new shirts but new shits as passes were more errant than ever. But to be fair, Illinois only won due to a totally blown streak coverage with :03 seconds left in the 1st half when i went 4 vert. All scores are captured in dynasty.easports.com

The second half proved HFA isn't quite everything. The Illini proved more than capable of deflecting everything Maryland threw at it. Stone hands gave way to crucial INT's for both teams wit hthe momentum seemingly locked in as tight an embrace as the score.

In the 4th Quarter the Fighting Illini, true to there name, moved the ball more effectively than Maryland. A couple of unscripted 5th man blitz sacks sealed the deal.

Great Game Dadrhino1! I enjoyed it while sweating thru my bvds :)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  9. sydeburnz

sydeburnz Walk On

Illinoi BYE Week

SeeKnotKnews - The Coach of the Fighting Illini, Syd Burnz, was released today after what has been labeled as a three day "moral booster". The Fighting Illinois rented the top three floors of the most swankiest hotel in Maryland and proceded to trash the place. After the seventh AC unit hit the swimming pool, security was dispatched, only to be blocked by the secondary Offensive Line and 30-40 scantily clad women. Van Halen's "A Different Kind of Truth" was blaring in the background, while sniffles filled the air. YagerMaster was cited for contributing to a winning teams demise but charges were later dropped because that is just pain silly.

Coach Syd Burnz had this to add "We are better than anyone, ain't we? Except for the Eagles, the Eagles are better than us." According to Maryland Police, no charges will be pressed.

Quote is actually from Sid Vicious

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Twister18

Florida State: 16 UCLA: 10

This was an all out defensive war!! Neither offense could muster much of an attack but the Bruins awoke like a Hurricane in the 4th to almost pull out a win. P/K Jack Clark continues to be the Seminoles main weapon, nailing 3 more FGs and a short TD run by RB Sam Branch was all for the Noles but luckily enough. The Seminoles defense was swarming all over trying to make big plays but seemed to deflect them all. The Bruins defense manhandled the FSU offensive line, sacking QB Smith 4 times and knocking him out for half the game.

The Seminoles built up a 13-0 lead until the third quarter and UCLA woke and scored 10 points to make it 16-10 in favor of the Noles but time would run out on a great comeback and a very good game.

GG Charter and as always love the video replays!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dean Evans

Dean Evans Run by Walmart and pick you up a personality!

Capture.PNG
    Maryland escapes Miami with the W!
    score.PNG
    Coach Evans was quoted as saying, "an ugly win is still a win". Although we found out a lot about our team, rebounding from the home loss to Illinois last week, we are still not completely happy. Offensively we are starting to gel and will continue to work the running game until it works well. Our bright spot was 6'6" 261 lb Jr. TE David Polland with 4 receptions for 46 yards and 2 TDs.
    team stats.PNG
    Statistically Miami dominated almost every category. The 3 TOs hurt the Hurricanes tremendously in regards to the timing of the loss of possession. Both coaches concurred that the fumble on Miami's opening drive of the 3rd qtr was the straw that broke the camel's back. The Terps were able to over/under the secondary to get completions and move the ball decently. The score seesawed several times before the Maryland O controlled the clock and Nathan Renfro kicked the game-winning field goal as time expired and the Hurricanes were down-graded to a tropical depression. It was a hard-fought battle and somebody had to win. Miami has a stellar team and we managed to have the ball last and that is what won the game. Best of luck to Miami and their future games as we look forward to hosting them next year. When the coaches met at midfield following the game they both agreed to bring their defenses next year.

• Like Like x 1
  12. larrylance

larrylance Walk On

Was a very good game like dad rhino said the turnovers killed miami in the end you have win turnover battle in these games and the canes did not was a very hard fought game . The canes had to overcome 14- 3 first quarter and the coach called a few bonehead plays but its all in the game. The canes will bounce back and try for a bowl game at end of year but its going to be a up hill climb with games left on schedule. Great game rhino and cant wait to get some revenge next year.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dean Evans

We can put a butt-whipping on sydeburnz and the Fighting Illini in consecutive weeks if the scheduling guru would entertain us.

14. sydeburnz

sydeburnz Walk On

Larrylance and I have about 30 NCAA seasons together. Typically it is Texas vs Oklahoma... with Larrylance having the winning record overall.

This weeks game proved that it takes a village ... and the village showed up. The 1st Quarter for Illinois is a throw away 15 minutes as they need time for the performance enhancing drugs to kick in .. this week was no different. A early INT allowed Miami to score first, a 3rd and Out FG. Miami scored again making it 10 - 0 in the 1st Quarter. With the ball and little time left, Illinois managed to score with 0:00 at the end of the 1st Quarter. I did not think it was enough to rattle LJ, but the tide did begin to turn.

The Second Quarter was all the Fightin Illini - with MLB Monheims jump and grab INT letting more wind out of Miami's Balloon. While Miami showed early they had little trouble running, apparently Coach Lance got spooked as he was totally thrown off his game plan. The fact Illini was able to put in a few 5 man blitz's at key moments only added to his frustration. Illinois outscored Miami in the 2nd Quarter 10-0 after Miami refused to take a easy FG 4 th and 20 where we held them.

The Second half was all about nerves and play calling. It was classic Burnz and Lance football chess... except I had his queen. By the 4th quarter and with turnovers leaving lance with little options I mentioned his run game was scarier than his passing and he immediately showed me why keeping my mouth shut is something I should work on more :)

He managed some late game scores but a fumble and a missed onside opportunity proved to be more than Miami could overcome. Illinois managed a staggering 177 on the ground, unheard of in this league but can be attributed to pinning larrylances ears back and managing to skirt in underf and around what was pretty much an all out onslaught.

Checkut our stats & replays at dynasty.easports.com

Great Game Bro! Good luck rest of the seaon!

Illinois 34 Miami 23

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  15. sydeburnz

sydeburnz Walk On

Can you explain this to me .. I seem to be missing key parts of the riddle ;) Is this one of those closed room, Iceblock, necktie kind of puzzles ? Impossible then

16. charter04

charter04 Walk On

UCLA takes down another PAC12 team in a 41-3 win against Wash St.

After losing a close game to Florida St. UCLA was hoping to real off a few wins in a row and they started with Wash St. They will need to win every game until they play USC to get in the top 10 evidently. The voters aren't to impressed with a 3-1 record, a win against Mich St. and their only lose being top 5 Florida St. They are the R. Dangerfield of the league. :)

This game was total domination. They had a great balanced attack with the passing game and running game. Derek Coe had another good game with 107 yards and 3 TD's. The Bruin defense was also dominant, giving up (-59) yards rushing and 103 total offense to WSU. The player of the game was Coe.

UCLA
    [​IMG] WSU
    1st Downs 21 11
    3rd down conversions 7/9 0/8
    4th down conversions 0/0 0/2
    Total offense 412 103
    Passing yards 246 162
    Completions/Attempts 21/22 15/30
    Yards Per Attempt 11.2 5.4
    Rushing yards 166 -59
    Rushing Attempts 38 10
    Yard Per Rush 4.4 -5.9
    Penalties-yards 1-10 3-20
    Turnovers 0 0
    Fumbles Lost 0 0
    Interceptions Thrown 0 0
    possession 20:13 7:47

• Like Like x 1
  17. sydeburnz

sydeburnz Walk On

Rushing is the pink achilles heel in the room.

18. Dean Evans

Next season my friend. I want to exact my revenge on the Illini and the 'Canes want revenge on my Terps. If we slide the scheduling guru a few greenbacks this might get done. If or when the 'Canes and Illini meet the outcome will produce a revenge seeker also.

19. sydeburnz

sydeburnz Walk On

My pleasure. As a matter of fact .. I have a syd3show heisman dynasty running if you like to piddle :)

20. sydeburnz

sydeburnz Walk On

Illinois blows up Mizzou

Two defensive touchdowns in the closing minutes puts The Fighting Illini over the 72 Point soft cap. A Punt Return for 6, two INT's for 6 and a Fumble recovery for 6 added to four touchdowns by O'Toole and a couple of Rushing touchdowns made it all but impossible for Mizzou to rally, although they tried on a couple of occasions.

Illinois 80 Mizzou 26

I uploaded the special team and defensive touchdowns on the dynasty wire for your entertainment.

Per the Dynasty Rules please reward me with a loss for breaking the score cap.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  21. larrylance

larrylance Walk On

The canes pull off ACC upset in defeating the rambling wreck of georgia tech was a tight first quarter with no one scoring and georcia tech going on fourth down twice in first half and not scoring on either in the red zone. The canes went back to cane footbal with a ground and pound run game. Final score was 28-7 canes with the help of a cane defence that stopped georgia tech at moments of the game to preserve the win. Will be long road for canes still with a few more ranked teams to play this year

22. Twister18

I think you have too much firepower for the tigers

23. Twister18

Looking forward to FSU-Terps matchup

• Like Like x 1
  24. Dean Evans

As am I Twister18 and I will try to get summary of Duck Defeat up tomorrow

25. sydeburnz

sydeburnz Walk On

Thanks for the opportunity to replay my Mizzou game in lieu of simming it Twist.

This time the game was far for interesting with a Touchdown with 0:00 on the clock in the 4th Quarter by The Fightin Illini to tie the game and force an overtime scenario. Mizzou rushed for it's first OT TD. Illinois passed to force a 2nd OT. Illinois rushed in for another score and a INT gave them the win.

Illinois Senior TE Matt LaCrosse was voted MVP with 11 catches for 269 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Illinois 59 Mizzou 52

• Like Like x 1