(S4)HK GOTW: Week 7

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by G_T_G, Jan 15, 2012.

?

Who will win this week's GOTW?

1. Rams

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Vikings

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

HARD KNOCKS GAME OF THE WEEK
    Week 7
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    HOW THEY MATCH UP
    [​IMG]
    OFFENSIVE EDGE - RAMS
    DEFENSIVE EDGE - VIKINGS
    POWER RANKING - RAMS (2) VIKINGS (3)

KEYS TO THE GAME:
    RAMS - As always, the Vikings are a run first offense. If the Rams can get the Vikings to get out of their element early by limiting Ivory's rushing yards, they will force Ponder to make plays instead. With Ponder off to a slow start this season, this is exactly what they want; the ball in Christian's hands. Offensively, they should look to continue to give the rock to Starlin Freeman. Freeman is a force offensively and arguably the best running back in all of HK. If Freeman breaks a few early long runs, Bradford may also be able to keep his success going by hitting a few deep PA passes. This will be no easy task, however, as they are taking on one of the strongest defenses in the league.
    VIKINGS - It seems as if Minnesota is willing to move on without AP. Big mistake in my opinion. With Ebony (Ivory) and Ivory (Gerhart) working together in perfect harmony in the backfield (each have 5 TDS and averaging over 4.8 YPC), they may actually be onto something. He needs to rely on those two to get his offense on the board since Ponder has been struggling. Defensively, he needs to contain Freeman. The Vikings are strong in both defensive aspects - but they will need to prove they can hang with the best since they are taking on the highest scoring team in all of HK.
    PREDICTION - RAMS 31 VIKINGS 24
    To me, it all comes down to the #1 ranked rushing offense against the #4 ranked rushing defense. The Vikings have a very good shot of shutting down Freeman - the stats don't lie. I just don't believe they will be able to contain him all game. We should see Starlin break free at least once for a long TD run during the game. I also expect Bradford to play a little better than Ponder as well and that could prove to be the difference. These two guys are very familiar with each others game so anything can happen. I predict the Rams win a close one in week 7's GOTW.
    Best of luck to both of you - I know you each know each other's game very well! controllerabuser Zikry

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Go Rams so I can stay in the division race lol

Should be a great game.

3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I see how it is...

• Like Like x 1