(S4)HK GOTW: Week 8

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by G_T_G, Jan 17, 2012.

?

Who is going to win?

1. Browns

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Bills

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

HARD KNOCKS GAME OF THE WEEK
    Week 8
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    HOW THEY MATCH UP
    [​IMG]
    OFFENSIVE EDGE - EVEN
    DEFENSIVE EDGE - EVEN
    POWER RANKING - BROWNS (3) BILLS (11)

KEYS TO THE GAME:
    BROWNS - The 5-1 Browns are having an outstanding year offensively. Currently they are ranked in the top 10 for points/g, total yards and passing yards. However, one area they have struggled so far is red zone scoring %. At 66%, I think Coach Ryty would agree that it needs to be improved. In a close game like this, the Browns will need to take advantage of every red zone opportunity they get against the Bills stout D. Defensively, the Browns need to focus on shutting down the run and getting their guys off the field. The Bills still lead the league in time of possession so if they can take that advantage away from Buffalo, they will be in good shape. The Bills rely on long punishing drives to wear down the defense. Cleveland needs to be aggressive and not let that happen to them.
    BILLS - The Bills offensively are a pretty balanced ball club. The key for them is to continue to control the clock with their run game and to limit the turnovers caused by Eli Manning (12 picks so far on the season). They have 3 strong running backs (Green, Spiller and Saunders) and I expect them all to get touches during the game. Each back brings a different skill set to the table and if he utilizes that change of pace, the defense may not be prepared to stop it. Defensively, I don't see the Bills having much of a problem stopping DeAngelo Williams and limiting the damage he can do. Williams, who is only averaging 3.8 YPC this year, should not be that big of a factor in this game. The Bills will have to be prepared to stop the pass though, however, as the Browns are ranked 2nd in all of HK in passing yards per game. They need to use their pass-rush to disrupt the Browns quarterback and negate their pass attack. Double or triple teaming Cody Hoppes wouldn't be a bad idea either!
    PREDICTION - BROWNS 24 BILLS 17
    I have a feeling this is going to be a battle to the bitter end as both guys will have a lead at some point. I just see the pass game of the Browns leading them to victory when all is said and done. Cody Hoppes is a force to be reckoned with over the middle and I expect him to make some big plays. This battle of attrition can most definitely go both ways, so I would not be surprised in the least bit if the Bills can pull it out. However, Eli Manning is going to have to have a heck of a game to get them the W. I just don't see that happening this time since he is fresh off of a 6 interception game against the Jets. Going with the Browns in Week 8's GOTW!
    Good luck to both of you guys ryty32 H22APWRD94

• Like Like x 3