(S4)HK GOTW: Week 9

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by G_T_G, Jan 18, 2012.

?

Who will win this week's GOTW?

1. Titans

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. Cardinals

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

HARD KNOCKS GAME OF THE WEEK
    Week 9
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    OFFENSIVE EDGE - TITANS
    DEFENSIVE EDGE - EVEN
    POWER RANKING - TITANS (1) CARDS (10)

KEYS TO THE GAME:
    TITANS - Offensively, the key for the Titans - as usual - is hand the ball off to Chris Johnson. A perennial MVP candidate, Johnson is having a splendid year thus far averaging 7 YPC. The Titans as a team are averaging 178 yards per game which is good for 3rd best in all of HK. Make no mistake - Tennessee WILL RUN THE BALL. They need to get off the bus running and not look back. It is their strength and always will be for as long as CJ2K hangs his hat in Nashville. Their running attack is a safe way to control the clock and prevent turnover opportunities. That is why they are 6th in time of possession and 1st overall in turnover ratio. That is definitely a winning scheme. Defensively, the Titans boast one of the strongest squads this season. They are only giving up 10 points per game! Look for them to create turnovers and limit the Cards opportunities just like they have to nearly everyone else.
    CARDS - Arizona is having one of their best years thus far in 2014. A large part of that has to do with the emergence of young RB Ryan Williams. Williams has over 600 yards and 6 TDs so far. They have been relying on him throughout the season, but they may need to look for production elsewhere when they face off with the Titans. Tennessee has the 2nd best rushing defense in all of football. This does not bode well for Williams, so I would look for the Cards to end up utilizing a passing attack in order to put points on the board. Larry Fitzgerald will need to have a big day for them to compete in this one. Defensively the gameplan starts and ends with one goal - contain Chris Johnson. If they can do that, they can win. If they can't, they will probably lose. If they can continue to make 3rd down stops on D, something they excel in, that may make a huge difference in this game.
    PREDICTION - TITANS 31 CARDS 20
    HK is granted another tremendous matchup this week as both of these teams have been very successful so far this season. I think the Titans are the class of HK, however, and will end up pulling away late in this one. Chris Johnson paired with that incredible defensive play means that Tennessee is a tough matchup for anyone. The Cardinals are having a cinderella season so far, but I think this one will bring them down to reality somewhat. If somehow they shut down Johnson or if he gets injured, their chance of winning goes up exponentially. That is a a circumstance that I don't expect to happen. I like the Titans in Week 9's GOTW!

Good luck to both you - both are awesome owners and have built great teams thebouncer24 , sdid22

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I'm the lone ranger who picked Arizona. I think Diddy is better on the defensive sticks than his rankings say, plus he has the edge in the passing game. You heard it from me first folks....Tennessee gets their first L of the season.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

^ no offense to Diddy. but that aint happening :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Wouldn't be surprised. Both guys are veterans and anything can happen. Hard to pick against Tennessee though!

• Like Like x 1
  6. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    To me, it is scary that the Titans now have the #1 defense to go with CJ. That is terrifying for the AFC.

I am cheering for my NFC brother but I just don't know how Kolb will do.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

He played the way he usually does lol