S4: Players Leaving

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by H22APWRD94, Feb 6, 2013.

1. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

It is up. Get it done as soon as possible. I am not sure of any swaying restrictions. I know they are present in other OD's I have played in, and I am waiting for onaradio34 to chime in. If you do your players leaving before I know an answer, an you sway a player that should not have been swayed, we will just cut them when the time comes. Let's hammer these out. I will skip past transfer requests, if you get a transfer, and you don't want them, just keep track and cut them at the appropriate time. If anybody has any questions, just let me know.

Crumbler81
    cyhiphopp
    ISUCubswin
    cmassey13
    Donkalion
    webbs6212
    Juicemann03
    kill0509

2. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

We always used the basic site restrictions....same as SH.

Only rule I know of that I did not enforce was the redshirting restrictions. I think this year's game has terrible transfer logic and your depth chart can get screwed even with good planning and recruiting.

3. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Syracuse is good to go...nobody leaving early or transferring :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

If we go by the rules of SH, Arizona State has to let DE Greg Armstrong and WR DJ Foster leave, as they both won major awards, and USC has to let Mikal Baker leave, as he won the Heisman.

cmassey13
    Juicemann03

5. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Already swayed them, so I'll cut them if I have too. They're only rated an 88 and 86 ovr, and Armstrong is only a SO(R). I thought we had rules somewhere about their ratings affecting the sway rules.

6. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Players leaving is now live. Remeber the rules: no swaying a player 95 or higher and no swaying a Jr that has won a major award.

I will be gone all day today. We will advance when I get back. Not sure when that will be but I would say around 10pm.

Above is Radio posted in last year's players leaving forum post. Looks like I should have let Foster go, but Armstrong can stay.

7. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I will let Radio leave his input on the JR vs RS SO issue. I am not sure what the interpretation is. It is moreso based on the fact that a player with that big of an impact, to win a major award, would more than likely declare for the draft, because they are that good. Armstrong is a back to back multiple award winner. A guy like that would declare, just as I am sure Jadaveon Clowney will declare as soon as he is eligible. And, he would not think twice about it.

8. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

I'll go with whatever's decided. Just hate that I won't get credited for them being drafted. Another point to think about is that Armstrong was just projected as like a seventh rounder I think. I doubt a player, even Clowney, would declare if he's projected that late. I honestly dont even know what awards my guys have won, since I can't check here at work. I'm probly in the minority, but I've always thought the swaying rules should have more to do with projected draft position than anything else if we are trying to compare to real life as in your example. Not trying to cause any problems, but might be a good time to discuss how we want to handle it going forward.

• Like Like x 1
  9. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I think your wideout won the Biletnikoff. The DE won best DL and maybe best defensive player. Can't remember.

I would be fine with your keeping the Sophmore personally, but I think the Jr would probably go.

I am done with players leaving.

I only had one guy wanting to leave. My freshman Kicker decided he misses his mommy back in Alabama and wants to transfer. Boohoo. I couldn't even try and sway him. What a pansy.

Of course now I will get stuck with a walk-on kicker unless I can swing one in the offseason recruiting. My punter will also be a senior next season. Yay!

10. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I don't really have a problem with RS Soph's getting swayed back regardless of awards/ratings. I don't remember what the official site rules are but since I apparently posted JR's, I'd say just stick with that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Works for me. So, when it comes time, cut DJ Foster, but Armstrong is welcome back with open arms. Otherwise, you can keep Foster on your roster if you want to, but don't put him on the depth chart. That way you can benefit from his going pro.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  12. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

My Offensive Tackle should have welcomed him with open arms. Would have prevented 4 sacks in the title game.

• Like Like x 1
  13. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

PSU ended up with that exact same DE in SH. He ended up being the exact same way. Just a monster off the edge. I know why. I am not sharing.

14. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Was it a stench that caused my OT to just Ole block him every time?

It helped that he user controlled him. That OT was a Senior who had given up 3 sacks total in his career before that.

15. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

When are you planning on advancing? Who's not ready?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  16. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Cool. I'll cut Foster to stick to the rules. Plus I don't want to have the dead roster spot. I think he was only projected to be a 5th rounder or so, probably not worth the hassle of trying to make sure he doesn't play.

• Like Like x 1