(S4) SEC Blog

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Dec 6, 2010.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

SEC Blog

[​IMG]
    Anything SEC related will be posted in here.

2. controllerabuser

Standings
    [​IMG]
    East
    1.[​IMG] 6-4 (5-2)​
    2.[​IMG] 8-2 (5-2)​
    3.[​IMG] 7-3 (3-3)​
    4.[​IMG] 6-4 (3-4)​
    5.[​IMG] 2-7 (1-5)​
    6.[​IMG] 3-7 (1-6)​
    West
    1.[​IMG] 10-0 (7-0)​
    2.[​IMG] 8-1 (5-1)​
    3.[​IMG] 6-2 (5-1)​
    4.[​IMG] 3-6 (2-4)​
    5.[​IMG] 4-6 (1-5)​
    6.[​IMG] 2-6 (0-6)​

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]
    Key Match-ups This Year
    WEEK 1
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    2 play relatively good teams while LSU (Colorado St) and Kentucky (Rival-Louisville) play inferior opponents​
    WEEK 2
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Alabama-Missouri first user match up for any SEC team. LSU faces BCS buster TCU, Kentucky faces top 25 WVU and Florida faces another state foe​
    WEEK 3
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Three user match-ups, two v. the Big 10 and the other v. the Big XII while Alabama faces an SEC West opponent​
    WEEK 4
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Rematch of last years SEC Championship game UK-Bama, LSU plays East division opponent and Florida plays ugly orange rival​
    WEEK 5
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Battle for the SEC East Crown​
    WEEK 6
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Alabama squares off against East opponent, will UGA have enough to stay with the defending Champions​
    WEEK 7

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Florida-LSU rivalry, Bama steps out of conference and hosts ND while UK looks to slow down Lattimore and Co.​
    WEEK 8
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    East division game while LSU plays interconference game with SC​
    WEEK 9
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The Tiger Bowl and an old fashion hate rivalry game highlight this week​
    WEEK 10
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    SEC West Crown will be decided along with what was formerly called the largest outdoor cocktail party​
    WEEK 11
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Rivalry that was once dominated by Tennessee, has been all Kentucky lately​
    WEEK 12
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Florida takes a visit to the Ole Ball coach​
    WEEK 13
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    An interesting match-up between Kentucky-OU and the Iron Bowl​
    WEEK 14
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Two SEC-Big XII games along with a game that looks like a Title game in OSU-LSU​

4. controllerabuser

5. KnightNoles

[​IMG]

Player Spotlights

[​IMG]

QB AJ McCarron

1) You are the "guy" this year and without a high profiled back, do you believe the offense puts more pressure on you this year?
    It's certainly going to be a bit of a challenge seeing as we have only a few remaining Coach Saban's guys. That being said, we still have a lot of talent at every position. Our biggest concern as a coaching staff is the lack of game time experience as a whole. We will look to our few seniors to hod us down until the younger guys can "get into the flow of things".

2) What will this offense look like as the year progresses? Pass first then chew up the yardage on the ground?
    I think we will have more success in the passing game early on in the season do to the number of new faces at the RB position. However, we are still a run first team. We will run the ball no matter the outcome!

3) Who is the best newcomer on the offensive side of the ball?
    All our guys are important in what we are trying to achieve here. But if I had to pick one, it would probably be a toss up between RB Mark Brackens and WR J.J. Green. Each will get "thrown into the fire" so to speak very early in their collegiate careers.

4) Tell us one thing about Coach Forever?
    Very determined! Can come off as being insensitive after a loss, but I hate lossing and its hard to tell someone good game after one. But I'm working on it!!!:)

5) Can Alabama defend its crown in the West and Nationally?
    Its going to be very difficult; now more than ever. With the likes of LSU, Kentucky, Baylor and Mizzou(even though I have no idea how he plays) on the schedule, we will have our work cut out for us. If we can get through that daunting task.......the sky is the limit and what we can accomplish!

RE Darrington Sentimore

1) What is the strength of this years defense
    Our front seven will have to create a lot of pressure; particularly on the defensive line. LB's will be used primarily to help out the secondary which is talented, but lacking a lot of experience with the exception of All American CB, Demarcus Milliner.

2) Is this defense like the ones in the recent years being in the top 5/10 nationally?
    We have lost a lot of talented guys off of those teams to the draft. We have the potential to be great, but you know the old saying, "Potential is what you make of it"!

3) Who is the best newcomer on defense from your perspective?
    Freshman DE, Damien Young is a highly accomplished player that will be an All American before its all said and done!

4) Who is your favorite offensive opponent in the SEC to play against?
    Haven't established one yet, but had fun with Kentucky. I like his up-tempo style gameplay!

5) What is Coach Forever like towards the defense?
    Coach forever is actually a very passive playcaller! He blitzes ocassionally and relies on the athleticism of his players to make plays!

[​IMG]

WR Chris Dunkley

1) The go to guy in the offense, does your height hurt you sometimes not being able to go up and get the deep ball?
    I'm not really put in situations to out jump defenders, dont get me wrong I can Moss dudes but we use my speed in this system to get open and create separation.

2) What will this offense look like as the year progresses? Who steps up at the quarterback position and gives you the best chance to win?
    (laughs) You gonna get me in trouble whoever has the hot hand is the best guy. I have confidence in both QB's.

Umm I dont know we pretty much have the same guys back skill guy wise. Schroeder the RB should get some carries.

4) Tell us one thing about Coach Diddy?
    He's more concerned with the defense he doesn't fool wit us too much unless we are turning the ball over.

5) Life without Tebow hasn't suited the Gator well, what needs to be focused on allowing you all to get back to dominance?
    Really just winning big games. We havent consistently won big games or we dig holes and always gotta rally. We just need to come out firing and slash throats.

MLB Jelani Jenkins

1) What is the strength of this years defense?
    Speed, we are fast and physical. We were knocking head off in that Miami game, just gotta be more consistent.

2) What can you do to make this defense one of the best in the country?
    Lead by example. No mental busts. No missed tackles.

Gotta be Art Jackson. That dude starts with me and Gibbs and he fits right in.

I like playing against UGA because I hate em and I like splitting their wigs.

5) What is Coach Diddy like towards the defense?
    He his tough man. He's a former DB coach so he is hands on with the defense especially the secondary. I feel sorry for the DB's sometimes he's ruthless.
    [​IMG]
    HB Jaamal Berry
    1) You look to be the "key" to this year's offense. What do you have to do in order for this team to be successful and how will you be able to handle the pressure?
    I just have to go out there and give everything I have, I would like to rush for positive yards every play, eliminate all negative plays. The better I play = the better we will set up others along with staying healthy.
    2) Your coach has been pretty set on throwing the ball, will that change with you in the backfield?
    What I know from the first two years, Kentucky was very pass heavy but when Donald was healthy and uniform, Coach wanted to hand the ball off and let his best playmaker go out and make plays. I'm not worried about not getting my touches because those will happen, I just want to play and win.
    QB Terrance Davis we have him playing a Cam Newton/Tebow role and two WRs that will have to step up in Joe Foster and Shawn Turner.
    4) Tell us one thing about Coach Knight?
    He absolutely demands the best, he hates making mistakes and seeing us not being able to execute.
    5) Can this team win the SEC East? If you can, will you win the National Title?​
    We have to have several players step up first to be able to compete with Florida this year. After the East we have to win the SEC Championship and if we win that there isn't any doubt that we win the Title.
    CB Martavious Neloms

1) In recent past, Kentucky's defense has been famous for creating turnovers. Do you think this year's squad will be able to replicate that?
    We have to, it is a must if were going to stay in games and have a chance to win. We might not be #1 but we will be top 5.
    2) Can this defense give you a chance to win big games?
    We must get stops and force the other team into 3rd and 6 to 3rd and 10 most of the game. So we must be able to get those stops when we need them.
    LOLB Chris Jones and transfer Malcolm Willis
    4) What SEC offense has your former or current teammates had the most problems defending?
    LSU in the SEC Championship in 2010 and last years SEC Championship against Alabama.
    5) What is Coach Knight like towards the defense?
    He hates giving up huge plays and yards. He wants turnovers and the ball back asap, he wants the offense to go long drives and execute because eventually they will make a mistake and we will get the ball back.
    [​IMG]
    Zack Lee
    1) You are the "guy" without JJ this year and have some weapons around you, is handing the ball off to Ware or throwing to Boone more valuable?
    I don't think one is more valuable than the other. Both actions feed off of each other. If we can get Spencer the ball and he does damage, it opens up the passing game and that's where Kadron comes in, vice versa.
    2) How will this offense shake out, knowing that Coach is in love with Spencer? Run setting up the pass?
    I think in year's past we have been more of a pass first team even with Jordan Jefferson there. People tell me that I am a much better passer than JJ was but with the run game taking off last year and a much improved defense, we want to limit mistakes and turnovers. So, yes we would like to use the run to set the up pass up.
    WR Tharold Simon, resembles Terrance Toliver. Big, strong with decent speed. His best thing obviously is he can go up and get the ball.
    4) Tell us one thing about Coach CA?
    I like the coach. Even though we haven't been able to meet our highest goals the last few years, we have been right in the thick of things. One more move or step and we could have been competing for National Titles.
    5) Is this the year of the Bayou Bengal?
    Every year, we like to believe it is "the year". With the talent we have we expect to be there in the end.
    CB Craig Loston
    1) What is the strength of this years defense?
    I think our front seven is the key to this year's defense. I also believe that we don't have a weakness that you can really exploit. We are pretty good all over the board. Our coach has done a great job bringing in young players to develop them for the future.
    2) Is this a top 25 defense? How will you all force TOs, fumbles or INTs?
    Yes, this is a top 25 defense because we are solid all over. It will be hard to run and pass on this defense. I think the turnovers will come from everywhere. We have really stressed during practice to "gang tackle" and go for the strip. We are hungry, and will do anything to get our offense the ball back.
    I think SS Troy Washington. I don't think anybody expected him to be rated so high after redshirting. Look for him to make some big plays for us.
    Haha, I don't think I want to answer this question. I don't want to give nobody any extra fire to build against us.
    5) What is Coach CA like towards the defense?
    He takes pride on both sides of the ball. He wants us to go out there, give 110%. Make good decisions, wrap up on tackles and make plays.

6. controllerabuser

Ain't Nothin' Free In The SEC
    Conference Outlook
    Alabama is projected to win the SEC title in 2013​
    1. [​IMG] Roll Tide Roll! The National Champion Crimson Tide are back for more and hungrier than ever! With Senior AJ McCarron leading the way, how could you not rank them 1st? The problem is, when you are on top, everybody plays their best and guns for you. Though they are not as talented as recent Alabama teams, they have an experienced Head Coach in forever who knows how to get the job done.
    2. [​IMG] The Tigers come into this year after improving from an 8-5 to 10-3 season and back to back bowl wins. Many believe LSU has the talent and ability to contend for the SEC West. However, fans get blasted over the fact that they say "this is the year", every year. Alabama sits in their way and that match-up will decide who goes to Atlanta.
    3. [​IMG] The Florida Gators have replenished their speed but do they have the quarterback to take them to the promise land? Ricky Bobby once said, "if you're not first, you're last" think about, just for a second. They definitely have the keys to win ball games but will they be able to start the ignition and drive to victories? A great looking defense with playmakers on offense. They just have to get by Kentucky but that isn't an easy task.
    4. [​IMG] Knight has been able to win with average teams. Year in and year out he continues to impress the college football world with his "stick skills". I don't know if this team can do it but with Knight at the helm anything is possible. He has proven me wrong, plenty of times. Kentucky is able to stay in ball games because of their knack for creating turnovers. Like any game, if you can force your opponent to more mistakes than your team, you should come out on top. It will be interesting to see if Knight can pass this test.
    5. [​IMG] Can Georgia be the top dawg in the SEC East and defeat the likes of Florida and Kentucky? With Aaron Murray, they have a very good chance.
    6. [​IMG] The Rebels will be shot down. This team has no true leader or stand out play makers to contend and their defense is not very appealing.
    7. [​IMG] Auburn might not have a great QB under center but they have the pieces to make noise in the West. Michael Dyer and Shaun Kitchens are both great players who will create problems for opposing teams.
    8. [​IMG] The ole ball coach has the Gamecocks in prime position to run through the SEC this year. Not sure why they are rated so low and behind teams like Ole Miss and Auburn. Explosive, one word to describe this offense. With Andrew Clifford, Marcus Lattimore and Ace Sanders, watch out!
    9. [​IMG] Vanderbilt is going nowhere in the SEC this year. You just can't win games with a 68 rated overall quarterback. Not with how these defenses are built. The Commodores are horrible all over.
    10. [​IMG] Another one of those "what the fuck" moments. Looking at this team, they should definitely be top 5. Dangerous playmakers on the offensive side of the ball and with the likes of Jeremy Johnson and John Rice at the linebacker position, they might be able to catch some teams sleeping.
    11. [​IMG] Woo Pig Sooie! I think not, this team will not be able to stop opposing teams from constantly scoring on them. Pretty good looking offense but again the SEC you need a defense to compete too!
    12. [​IMG] If you can contain Shawne Alston & Michael Carr, you will have a very easy time defeating this squad. Mississippi State has a lot to do before they can compete.

7. controllerabuser

Injury Report
    Your home for updates on injuries in the SEC
    [​IMG]
    ***Out For Season Or Gone For Multiple Weeks(CPU)***​
    [​IMG] HB Ken Malcome is down with a broken elbow for the year. Malcome was the starting HB.​
    [​IMG] HB Marcus Lattimore will be out for 5 weeks due to a broken fibula.​
    ***WEEK 1***​
    None of our SEC(users) went down!​
    ***WEEK 2***​
    [​IMG] HB Mark Bracken will be out for 3 weeks due to a bruised shoulder he suffered against Missouri. This might impact the Alabama offense but only time will tell.​
    ***WEEK 3***​
    [​IMG] Bracken is still out for 2 weeks with a bruised shoulder.​
    [​IMG] QB Blake Wallace went down last week with a Partially torn PCL and will be out 5 weeks. Tough hit for the Gators right now.​

***WEEK 4***​
    [​IMG] Bracken is out for 1 week with a bruised shoulder.
    [​IMG] Wallace is still out with a Partially torn PCL for 4 weeks.

***WEEK 5***​
    [​IMG] Bracken is listed as questionable for this week's game. Sources say there is no glaring decision so we will have to see.​
    [​IMG] Wallace is still out for 3 weeks with a Partially torn PCL.​
    [​IMG] HB Jaamal Berry is out for 1 week with a sprained elbow. Wildcats take a hit as Berry is a big part of their explosive offense.​
    [​IMG] SS Buster Dunn will be out for 3 weeks due to an abdominal strain he suffered against Florida last week.​
    ***WEEK 6***​
    [​IMG] Bracken is still listed as questionable for this week's game. There are questions looming on whether he has been working on healing his shoulder enough.​
    [​IMG] Blake is now down to 2 weeks with a Partially torn PCL. The Gator receivers are salivating for the moment he comes back.​
    [​IMG] Kentucky's Buster Dunn is now down to 2 weeks due to an abdominal strain he suffered against Florida.​
    ***WEEK 7***​
    [​IMG] HB Jakhari Gore goes down with a strained shoulder against USCe and will be out for at least 4 weeks.​
    [​IMG] The decision to play Bracken while he is still hurt has be questioned by many but nonetheless Bracken is questionable for this week.​
    [​IMG] Blake could be back next week after a long hiatus from the Gators starting offense.​
    [​IMG] Coach Knight is licking his chops at the minute Dunn can come back. He can definitely help out the defense.​
    ***WEEK 8***​
    [​IMG] Bracken is listed as probable this week. He should be ready to go.​
    [​IMG] Blake is listed as questionable this week. Stay tuned to see if he plays.​
    [​IMG] RE Tristian Johnson is listed as probable for this week. He suffered a strained shoulder.​
    [​IMG] FS Ray Harrison went down with a dislocated ankle and will be out for 4 weeks. A big hit to the Kentucky defense as they just got Buster Dunn back and now they lose an all-american during crunch time.​
    ***WEEK 9***​
    [​IMG] Bracken is still listed as probable.​
    [​IMG] Blake Wallace still is questionable with a Partially torn PCL.​
    [​IMG] Johnson is listed as probable for this week.​
    [​IMG] Harrison is now down to 3 weeks and Kentucky is counting!​
    [​IMG] Gore is out for another 2 weeks. The Tigers needed to have him for the game against Alabama but we guess that won't happen.

***WEEK 10***​
    [​IMG] Gore is gone for 1 more week hopefully. The Tigers need him in the backfield along with Spencer Ware.​
    [​IMG] Johnson is still listed as probable for this week.​
    [​IMG] Harrison is now down to 2 weeks and Kentucky is counting!​
    [​IMG] Blake Wallace has now been upgraded to probable.​
    [​IMG] Bracken is still listed as probable.​

***WEEK 11***​
    [​IMG] Bracken is still listed as probable. Some are questioning whether he is getting the proper treatment in Tuscaloosa.​
    [​IMG] Wallace is still probable. Same goes for Wallace much like Alabama's Mark Bracken.​
    [​IMG] Johnson comes in this week again listed as probable.​
    [​IMG] Harrison is now down to 1 week.​
    [​IMG] Gore is now probable.​

8. controllerabuser

Top 10 SEC Commits
    Coming soon....​

9. controllerabuser

This Week In Recruiting
    Week 1
    [​IMG]:4stars: TE John Wilson has committed to Florida - John should be a beast in the near future that Coach sdid22 can rely on. Good speed(4.54) and the ability to catch(B+) equals a deadly threat to any defense.
    [​IMG]:3stars:DT Paul Taylor has committed to LSU - Paul looks to be a mammoth inside but lacks some of the pure talent it takes to be a legitimate defender. Watch for Paul, maybe in his junior year.

Week 2
    No commits during this week.

Week 3
    [​IMG]:5stars:MLB T.J. Jones has committed to Florida - Coach Diddy is has become an addict with them speed demons on his defense. Great find as T.J. has running back speed at the linebacker position. Jones might get a redshirt put on him but he will definitely be a starter sometime soon.
    [​IMG]:3stars:HB Kenneth Brantley has committed to LSU - Brantley looks to add some depth to the running back position at LSU. With decent speed and the moves to shake you right out of your pants. His lacking of a lot of other needs is what will bury the depth chart.
    Week 4

Week 5
    Week 6
    [​IMG]:5stars:CB Damon Hawkins has committed to Florida - The gators bring in yet another speedy defender who can cover his ass off. A little work to do but not much. Great pick up for the Gators.
    Week 7
    [​IMG]:5stars:WR Chip Alexander has committed to Florida - Chip commits to the Gators. The Gators have been bringing in some good talent the past few years and Alexander is no slouch. With 4.44 speed, decent ball skills, and they eyes to run the ball, this kid could play both ways.
    [​IMG]:4stars:C Anthony King has committed to Kentucky - King has some good skills and this is a big commit for the Wildcats. Couple of years and he will prove to be beneficial to Coach Knight's offense.
    [​IMG]:5stars:C Jason Jackson has committed to LSU - Jackson was rated the #1 center but his skills don't show that. A little work needs to be done before he can start. Jackson chose LSU over Penn State and Miami.
    [​IMG]:5stars:SS Tim Patton has committed to LSU - LSU adds another solid defender to the squad. Patton comes in with decent speed, not killer speed but enough to get him by. He has the ability to cover and tackle and should turn out to be a great defender down in the Bayou.
    Week 8
    [​IMG]:4stars:DT Eddie Charles has committed to Alabama - Crimson Tide bring in Eddie Charles who looks to have good strength and block shedding. He is average at a lot of other skills so look for him to redshirt and be a force in a couple of years.
    [​IMG]:3stars:LOLB Jesse Johnson has committed to Alabama - The Crimson Tide steal a nice looking recruit at the :3stars: level. He is a JUCO player that has nice size and speed. Very solid pick up for Alabama.
    [​IMG]:5stars:FS Jarod Carlson has committed to Florida - The Gators just keep getting faster and faster! Carlson comes in with nice size and speed. He can tackle very well but lacks the coverage skills it takes to be a top notch defender. Look for him to redshirt and work on that. He is great at recognizing plays and can lay the lumber any time you ask him. Solid addition, diddy.
    [​IMG]:3stars:DT Dan Cutler has committed to Florida - Cutler decides to go to Gainesville over South Carolina and Notre Dame. Cutler has a lot of work to do before he sees the field for the Gators. He is an average player and will take a couple of years to develop.
    [​IMG]:3stars:QB Donte Washington has committed to LSU - Washington is the poor man's Tim Tebow. At 6'3 265 pounds, he is a big fellow. He doesn't have any moves either. He lacks the pure passing skills and will have to be redshirted. If he doesn't develop his passing skills a little better he might just be cast aside on the bench.
    Week 9
    [​IMG]:3stars:RG Cary Murphy has committed to Alabama - Cary chose Alabama over Wake Forest and NC State. He has a lot of work to do in order to start for the Crimson Tide one day. His best attribute is his run block footwork. He is below average on a lot of skills.
    [​IMG]:3stars:WR Jason Watkins has committed to Kentucky - Kentucky gets a wide out from Tennessee who looks to be pretty decent. 6'0 with experience being a JUCO player and good speed with a reported 4.48 40 time. His skills are above average. Very good at running routes, catching in traffic and jumping. He has the ability to get off the line of scrimmage with a B- release. Solid pick-up for the Wildcats who are always looking for wide outs.

Week 10
    [​IMG]:3stars:CB James Rucker has committed to Alabama - James Rucker comes in with nice size and speed but lacks the skills to take over at the cornerback position. Look for him to redshirt and learn the position before he starts anytime soon.

[​IMG]:3stars:K Brian Wheatley has committed to Alabama - Wheatley chose Alabama over Michigan and Utah State. One thing is for sure! He can boot the ball but without the accuracy he might not get a chance to.

[​IMG]:5stars:LG Jeff Porter has committed to Florida - Gators pull in another :5stars: but this time it isn't a ball-hawking speed demon on defense. They pull in a guard who looks to have great blocking skills and should make for a starter, a long time.

[​IMG]:3stars:WR Blake Jacobs has committed to Kentucky - The Wildcats go into the land of the gator and pull out a speedster. Although he lacks some of the skills that are needed to be a great wide receiver, Blake has what it takes to be a big time playmaker. He has something that cannot be taught, speed.
    Week 11
    [​IMG]:5stars:LG Adam Buchanan has committed to Alabama - Adam Buchanan commits to Alabama over Texas and Utah State. Adam is pretty solid all around and is a little better at run blocking than pass blocking but he will definitely be a great pick-up for the Crimson Tide.
    [​IMG]:4stars:RE Jason Alexander has committed to LSU - Alexander is a lean mean sack machine. Kind of small for a lineman and could very well fit a 3-4 scheme. Alexander is fast, strong and has great techniques. Look for him to bring pressure against opposing SEC QB's for many years.
    [​IMG]:4stars:LT Tim Sims has committed to LSU - The Tigers nab Tim Sims from the Longhorns' noses. Sims, is excellent at pulling. He has great run block footwork and strength but a little work wouldn't hurt.
    [​IMG]:4stars:WR Mike Wilcox has committed to Kentucky - The Wildcats grab another wide receiver with 4.40 speed. He knows how to run routes, catch in traffic and can go up for the ball. His biggest problem is focusing every catch and hauling it in.
    [​IMG]:4stars:HB Ricky Hill has committed to Kentucky - Kentucky also adds a little more speed by way of running back. Hill comes in with some good wheels and looks like a solid player. He does need some work and expect not to see him for a couple of years, starting.

10. KnightNoles

[​IMG]
    Players of the Week

Week 1
    Offensive
    Marcus Lattimore - South Carolina - CPU​
    @ Penn State (Cimmy)​
    30 att 253 yards 3 TDs 8 rec 60 yards​
    Defensive
    Jonathan Dowling - Florida - Sdid​
    v. Miami (CPU)​
    6 tackles 2 assist FF 2 INTs​
    WEEK 2
    Offensive
    Nick Kennedy - Georgia - CPU​
    v. North Texas (CPU)​
    32 att 200 yards 3 TDs 4 rec 35 yards​
    Defensive
    Eric O'Donnell - Florida - Sdid​
    v. USF (CPU)​
    3 tackles 2 INTs 92 return yards TD​
    Week 3
    Offensive
    Kadron Boone - Louisiana State - Controller​
    @ Texas A&M (Hack)​
    9 receptions 201 yards 2 TDs​
    *Simmed Game​
    Defensive
    Eguae - Auburn - CPU​
    @ Vanderbilt (CPU)​
    10 total tackles 6 solo 5 tackle for loss 1.5 sacks​
    WEEK 4
    Offensive
    J Patrick - Alabama - Forever​
    Kentucky (Knight)​
    25 att 182 yards TD​
    Defensive
    Mosley - Alabama - Forever​
    Kentucky (Knight)​
    8 total tackles 7 solo sack 3 INTs FF​
    WEEK 5
    Offensive
    Trey Burton - Florida - Sdid​
    @ Kentucky (Knight)​
    14-19 233 yards 2 TDs INT, 10 att 22 yards TD​
    Andrew Clifford - South Carolina - CPU​
    @ Ole Miss (CPU)​
    30-48 305 yards 5 TDs INT, 18 att 46 yards​
    Defensive
    Jelani Jenkins - Florida - Sdid​
    @ Kentucky (Knight)​
    7 total tackles 6 solo 2 TFL 2 Sacks​
    Week 6
    Offensive
    Quinton Dunbar - Florida - Sdid​
    Ole Miss (CPU)​
    6 receptions 250 yards 41.6 avg 2 TDs​
    Defensive
    John Rice - Tennessee - CPU​
    South Carolina (CPU)​
    12 total tackles 7 solo 2 TFL sack​

Week 7
    Offensive
    Trey Burton - Florida - Sdid​
    @ LSU (Controller)​
    17-26 352 yards 3 TDs INT​
    Aaron Murray - Georgia - CPU​
    @ Tennessee (CPU)​
    36-44 413 yards 5 TDs​
    Defensive
    John Rice - Tennessee - CPU​
    Georgia (CPU)​
    19 total tackles 9 solo 2 TFL​

Week 8
    Offensive
    Jaamal Berry - Kentucky - Knight​
    @ Georgia (CPU)​
    12 attempts 213 yards 2 TDs, 3 receptions 72 yards​
    Brandon Mitchell - Arkansas - CPU​
    Florida (Sdid)​
    25-40 466 yards 5 TDs INT​
    Defensive
    Sharrod Golightly - South Carolina - CPU​
    LSU (Controller)​
    14 total tackles 10 solo TFL​

Week 9
    Offensive
    Mark Bracken - Alabama - Forever​
    Tennessee (CPU)​
    Bracken 15 attempts 203 yards 3 TDs​
    Andrew Clifford - South Carolina - CPU​
    Vanderbilt (CPU)​
    28-45 363 yards 6 TDs INT​
    Defensive
    Adam Mitchell - Vanderbilt - CPU​
    @ South Carolina (CPU)​
    16 total tackles 7 solo 5 TFL 2 sacks FF​
    Week 10
    Offensive
    Terrance Davis - Kentucky - Knight​
    Arkansas (CPU)​
    12-24 160 yards 3 TDs INT​
    19 attempts 85 yards TD​
    Defensive
    ED Stinson - Alabama - Forever​
    LSU (Controller)​
    7 total tackles 6 solo 3 TFL 3 sacks FF​

Week 11
    Offensive
    Defensive

11. controllerabuser

Going The Extra Mile
    Players in the SEC that contribute those little things
    Each week I will list somebody from the SEC that did those little things coaches preach about in practice. Offensive players aren't the only ones that get the job done or win games. Those deflected passes, sacks or defensive touchdowns contribute to a team's success.​
    Week 1
    [​IMG] The Kentucky defense - The boys in blue heckled ball carriers all game long in a win against rival Louisville. In all, they forced 5 fumbles.​
    [​IMG] Ronnie Vinson - Defensive back from LSU made a huge play in a win over Colorado State. He intercepted a pass and took it 71 yards for a score.​
    [​IMG] Jonathan Dowling - Despite going down against in-state foe Miami, Dowling gave his offense a chance to put points on the board with 2 interceptions.​
    [​IMG] The South Carolina defense - The Gamecock defense was stout in the turnover department against the Big 10's Penn State Nittany Lions. They intercepted the PSU quarterback 5 times.​
    [​IMG] Joe Collins - Georgia Bulldogs' ROLB made plays all game to keep his squad in it. Kid made 17 tackles in a season opening win against Clemson.​
    Week 2
    [​IMG] Eric O'Donnell - Eric had 2 interceptions against USF, one which he took it to the house for a 91 yard touchdown. USF lost by 5, that might have been key to their loss.

[​IMG] The Arkansas defense - The Hogs picked TAMU 5 times to win 35-10.

[​IMG] Derrick Lott - Lott scooped up a fumble recovery and took it 46 yards for a Kentucky Wildcat TD! Kentucky won by 8 so this very well contributed to the cause.

[​IMG] The Mississippi State defense - MSU got 2 defensive touchdowns in a dick romping of Troy, 62-31.

Week 3

[​IMG] The Kentucky defense - The boys in blue had another field day, this time at Penn State. They picked off Paul Jones 3 times. Patrick Ligon, Martavious Neloms and Ray Harrison.

Week 4
    [​IMG] CJ Mosley - Mosley was on the Kentucky Wildcats like white on rice. Dude was all over the place getting 8 tackles, 1 sack, 3 interceptions and forced a fumble.​
    Week 5
    [​IMG] Dan Wheeler - Wheeler took an interception to the house for a 93 yard score. He also recorded 2 tackles for losses and 1 sack.​
    Week 6
    [​IMG] Nick Johnson - Johnson sacked Georgia's QB twice. He also had 6 total tackles with 5 of them being solo. 3 were recorded as tackles for losses.​
    Week 7
    [​IMG] Jarvis Walker - Walker took an interception to the house for the Wildcats in a big beat down over SEC East foe, South Carolina. He also had 4 tackles with 3 of them being solo.​
    Week 8
    [​IMG] Jesse Dowling - Dowling took an interception back for a touchdown to help the Gators defeat Arkansas 38-35. He made 5 total tackles as well.​

Week 9
    [​IMG] The South Carolina defense - The Cocks forced 3 fumbles against Vanderbilt in what could have set up good field position for easy scores.​

Week 10
    [​IMG] Ed Stinson - Stinson had a huge game against the LSU Tigers with 6 solo tackles and 3 sacks and a forced fumble.
    Week 11
    [​IMG] The Kentucky defense - The Wildcats got after it week 11 with 7 sacks on the Tennessee Vols. Sure helped them, as they cruised to a 31-21 victory.​

12. KnightNoles

[​IMG]
    Week 1 Recap
    The 2013 season opened up and the Southeastern Conference not known to play a tough OOC schedule did the opposite, every team played another BCS opponent besides one team (LSU). UNC would give Alabama all they could handle. Miami would send the lone SEC team a loss and Kentucky, LSU took care of business at home. South Carolina surprised Happy Valley as they upset Penn State and Coach Cimmy. Georgia defeated Clemson to round out the week 1 schedule.​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    14-35​
    UNC traveled to T-town and went toe-to-toe with the defending champs to open up the new season. Alabama took a 7-0 lead into halftime and UNC would tie the game in the third. Alabama decided to step up their play and score 21 unanswered before UNC decided to score a garbage time TD. McCarron would end up throwing his 3rd TD of the game with 0:09 left to even his TDs and INTs.​
    Next Week: Alabama @ Missouri (Bob)​
    Prediction: Alabama wins, too much for the new guy​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    34-31 OT​
    Miami and Florida hooked up as they usually do every few years and they would need extra time to decide this one. Florida's Blake Wallace played a solid game but leaves the game in key moments due to injury, he threw for 349 yards with 2 TDs and 2 INTs. The running attack in Florida continues to be a missing link. Even though Miami squeaked out the win with 34 points, this Florida defense is very good with Jelani Jenkins (10 tackles) and Jonathan Dowling (8 tackles 2 INTs).​
    Next Week: USF @ Florida​
    Prediction: Florida gets back on track​
    [​IMG][​IMG]

12-48​
    Kentucky hosted Louisville on opening weekend and the Cats got off to a fast 14-0 lead. The Cards would cut it to 14-6 at half but Kentucky would fire on all cylinders in the second half and welcome transfer Jaamal Berry into the lineup as he rushed 17 times for 206 yards with 3 TDs.​
    Next Week: West Virginia @ Kentucky​
    Prediction: Kentucky runs away with the victory​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    10-29​
    Colorado State traveled to Death Valley and wouldn't be intimidated throughout three-fourths of the game as they took a 7-3 lead into the third. The Tigers would score 13 unanswered in the 3rd quarter to take a 16-7 lead and never look back finishing off the Rams with 2 TDs in the fourth. Zack Lee managed the game well with 219 yards and a TD and Spencer Ware rushing for 99 yards on 22 attempts with a score. The defense would create their own points via pick 6.​
    Next Week: TCU @ LSU​
    Prediction: LSU will survive the Horned Frog scare.​
    Other SEC Teams in Action

[​IMG][​IMG]
    54-22​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    28-14​

13. KnightNoles

[​IMG]
    Week 2 Recap
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    35-14​
    Turnovers and 28 unanswered points doomed Missouri from the start. Gabbert gave the Tide the ball 3 times and Patrick converted those into 3 TDs on the ground on 19 attempts for 78 yards. McCarron didn't have to put the ball in the air, managed 14 throws and completed 10 of them for 167 yards and a TD.​
    Next Week: Arkansas​
    Prediction: Razorbacks don't have anything left in the offensive department for the Tide. Alabama has the better offense and defense in this game, look for a blowout.​
    ----------​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    36-41​
    Florida looking to bounce back from the mess the Hurricanes left them last week, did just that but not without making it interesting. The Gators took a 24-14 lead into halftime and the Bulls would cut the lead 24-22 going into the 4th. USF and Florida would trade score for score in the 4th and the Gators would pull out a 5 point win. QB Wallace completed 9 of 16 for 270 yards with 2 TDs and a pick. Adrian Coxson led the WRs with 3 rec for 137 yards along with a score. This weeks defensive player belongs to Eric O'Donnell with 3 tackles and 2 INTs taking one back for 6.​
    Next Week: Michigan (JCA)​
    Prediction: Florida escaped the Big House last year defeating the #2 Wolverines, look for Michigan to pay back their respects.​
    ----------​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    36-44​
    Kentucky had a comfortable two score lead going into the 3rd quarter up 28-16 and getting a FG to push it to 31-16. The Mountaineers would get a TD (failed XP) to setup a run for the 4th quarter. WV started the 4th with a 29 yard TD run cutting the lead 31-29 but Jaamal Berry and the UK offense would respond with their own TD and adding another FG with 2:00 left, 41-29. Mountaineers would push across a TD with 0:40 left cutting the lead 41-36 with an onsides kick try which would fail and UK would add another FG to make it an 8 point game with 0:05 left which sealed the win.​
    Next Week: @ Penn State (Cimmy)​
    Prediction: Both are ranked but Penn State has a few questions to be answered as they have lost their 1st two games at the hands of South Carolina and Virginia. Kentucky comes in with good wins over their rival Louisville and WVU. The Wildcats are out for revenge as they lost to Penn State last year at home which crushed their dreams of a National Title shot.
    ----------​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    10-27​
    TCU coming into the game 0-1 and their dreams shot at being a BCS buster, tried to play spoiler visiting Death Valley and they would fail. Zack Lee was able to get off to a quick start throwing a 51 yard TD pass along with another before halftime, LSU 17-3 at half. The Tigers would throw up another score in the 3rd, TCU would get a TD on the board but that would be their last points of the ball game. Lee finished 11-14 for 201 yards 3 TDs and Spencer Ware had 22 attempts for 101 yards.​
    Next Week: @ Texas A&M (Hack)​
    Prediction: LSU has too many athletes for A&M and Coach Hack to be in this game. Look for Zack Lee and Kadron Boone to have big games and then Spencer Ware close the game out running the clock.​

Scores around the SEC
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Arkansas takes a game away from Coach Hack and the Aggies​
    35-10​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    62-31​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    52-31​
    FCS[​IMG]
    10-45​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    22-26​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    38-17​
    FCS[​IMG]
    3-35​
    FCS[​IMG]
    3-42​

14. KnightNoles

[​IMG]
    WEEK 3 RECAP
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    7-45​
    What can we say here about this game? The Tide dominate another SEC opponent, but we saw this coming as Arkansas lost all their offensive talent. McCarron saw limited action as he completed 7-12 for 147 yards with 2 TDs and Sim went 7-7 for 146 yards and a TD. Patrick carried the ball 21 times for 68 yards with 2 TDs. Jesse Myrick had 4 receptions for 97 yards and a TD.​
    Next Week: Kentucky​
    Prediction: Alabama is still the team to beat and they still are loaded with talent. These two teams met not long ago in the SEC Championship game and Alabama put the Cats in their place, look for that to happen again because Kentucky still doesn't have the talent to come through with a win.​
    ----------​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    17-14​
    Michigan came to the Swamp and did what very few teams can do, leave with a win. It wasn't easy though as Florida took an early 6-0 lead into the second quarter but when Michigan scored they never looked back. Gardner led Michigan going 15-23 for 158 yards with a TD and pick apiece, while Trey Burton led the Gators on 11-21 187 yards TD 2 INTs. The lack of running game continues to hurt Florida when they need to chew some clock. Florida is 1-2 and look to get a rivalry win next week.​
    Next Week: Tennessee​
    Prediction: Look for Florida to nut up and defend the Swamp this week against bitter SEC rival in the Orange.​
    ----------
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    13-6​
    Kentucky came into Happy Valley as one of the Nation's most dangerous offensives but that didn't matter this week. This turned into a Ravens-Steelers type of game, defense, defense, defense. UK stuck first on a read option play, as Berry took it 30 yards for pay dirt and UK would get another 3 to take a 10-0 lead into half. Penn State would score in the third while shutting out the Cats cutting the lead 10-3. The Lions would get another 3 to start the 4th and have much of the quarter to work themselves into a position to win the game. Kentucky took a large chunk of clock off during this time, getting 3 points to push the lead to 7 with 1:30 remaining. Penn State managed their way down the field but Paul Jones would end up throwing his 3rd INT in the endzone.​
    Next Week: @ Alabama​
    Prediction: Alabama is still the team to beat and they still are loaded with talent. These two teams met not long ago in the SEC Championship game and Alabama put the Cats in their place, look for that to happen again because Kentucky still doesn't have the talent to come through with a win.​
    ----------
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    44-9​
    *SIMMED GAME*​
    Next Week: Georgia​
    Prediction: LSU continues to look like the best and most balanced team in the West, I don't see them dropping this game against the Bulldogs​
    Scores around the SEC

[​IMG][​IMG]
    28-0​
    FCS[​IMG]
    3-24​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    12-27​
    FCS[​IMG]
    7-34​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    23-30​

15. KnightNoles

[​IMG]
    Week 4 Recap
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    27-37​
    Alabama proved why they are the #1 team in the country with an all around impressive game against the up and coming Kentucky Wildcats. They forced 6 TOs and limited the Cats to 42 yards rushing, keeping Berry from getting loose and making them pass the ball early and often. The Tide jumped out to a 27 points lead and never looked back, even though the Cats cut the lead to 6 points in the 3rd quarter 27-21 but they couldn't get a stop or score when they most needed it. Kentucky will look to beat Florida next week if they want any chance to facing the Tide again in the SEC Championship as long as they take care of LSU later in the year.​
    Next Week: BYE​
    ----------​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    26-28​
    Florida received a scare against visiting rival Tennessee, as the Volunteers held a 26-21 lead until late in the 4th quarter when UF's Brown gave them the go ahead score with 2:10 left in the ball game. Andre Debose gave Florida a spark with a 101 yard kick return for a TD along with adding 27 yards on 2 receptions. Jonathan Dowling picked off another pass to add to his totals on the season along with DE Ronald Powell taking his back for 6. Florida looks to take back the SEC East next week @ Kentucky.​
    Next Week: @ Kentucky​
    Prediction: If Florida can get any kind of offense going they will win this game as their defense is too much for the offensive line of Kentucky. If they can't then look for the Cats offense to feed off of young QB Davis and HB Berry if given protection. Look for Florida by 7+​
    ----------​
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7-34​

Zach Lee continues to throw the ball effectively and efficiently for the Bayou Bengals, 9-13 219 yards 3 TDs. Spencer Ware received 17 carries for 75 yards with a score. Kadron Boone keeps impressing SH coaches with another stellar performance, 4 rec 116 yards and a TD. The only question here is how long will LSU continue to play well and stay hot?​
    Next Week: Mississippi State​
    Prediction: LSU will continue to roll this weekend and should blast a less impressive Bulldog team for the second week in a row. How much will Lee and Boone add to their resume along with getting some backups some work.​
    ----------​
    Scores around the SEC
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    11-3​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    21-13​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    41-14​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    16-17​

16. KnightNoles

[​IMG]
    WEEK 5 Recap
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    26-10​
    Florida came into the Commonwealth with one goal shutting down Kentucky's supposedly high potent offense. For the second week in the row Kentucky's ground game was a non factor and had to go to the air early and often. Florida got out of the gates early on a Trey Burton TD run and then went up 14-3 at halftime. Both defenses came to play in the second half as Florida forced a safety and only put another 3 on the board as the Gators gave up an early TD in the 4th quarter. The Gators were never in danger and will represent the East in the SEC Championship if they don't drop 3 games in conference play.​
    Next Week:
    Kentucky: BYE​
    Florida: Ole Miss​
    ----------​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    38-0​
    All LSU in this one as Spencer Ware had a field day rushing 12 times for 136 yards and hitting the endzone 3 times. Kadron Boone had 2 receptions for 61 yards and hit pay dirt once. Nothing more to say as they smacked the Bulldogs again.​
    Next Week: BYE​
    Scores from around the conference
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    20-48​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    41-0​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    36-9​

17. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Great job with the Blog guys, I like it

18. KnightNoles

[​IMG]
    Week 6 Recap
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    23-10​
    Alabama received a scare from the Georgia Bulldogs between the hedges, taking a 6-0 lead into halftime and then a 9-3 lead into the 4th quarter. Tide made some separation making it 16-3 with 4:56 left in the game but Georgia came back and hit their own big pass play to cut it to 6. Alabama scored with 1:35 left to seal the victory 23-10.​
    Next Week: Notre Dame​
    Prediction: More of a statement game for the Irish to see how improved they are and to see if they can compete with the top team in the nation. All Bama.​
    ----------​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    37-34​
    The Rebels came into Gainesville and stole one in the Swamp and defended a furious 28 point 4th quarter by the Gators. Trey Burton went to the air 43 times for 567 yards with 3 TDs and completed 3 to the other team, WR Quinton Dunbar had a huge day with 6 rec for 250 yards and 2 TDs but wasn't enough. Two of Burton's INTs went back for TDs and couldn't overcome those critical mistakes, Florida still controls their own destiny for the SEC crown.​
    Next Week: @ LSU​
    Prediction: After dropping this game to Ole Miss, they don't want to take another loss in conference but with a very highly touted LSU team that may very well happen.​
    ----------
    Scores around the Conference
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    38-16​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    17-38​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    20-49​

19. KnightNoles

[​IMG]
    Week 7 Recap
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    7-49
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    31-34 OT
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    38-13
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    38-10

[​IMG][​IMG]
    21-15
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    6-31
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    23-38
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    35-17

20. KnightNoles

[​IMG]
    Week 8
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    27-3
    AJ McCarron 14-21 227 yards​
    Patrick 18 att 83 yards 2 TDs​
    CJ Mosley 8 solo 3 TFL sack​

[​IMG][​IMG]
    38-35
    Trey Burton 15-25 290 yards 2 TDs​
    Andre Debose 4 receptions 115 yards​
    Jelani Jenkins 7 solo​

[​IMG][​IMG]
    33-7
    Terrance Davis 11-26 183 yards TD 2 INTs, 12 att 21 yards​
    Jaamal Berry 12 att 213 yards 2 TDs​
    Ray Harrison 3 solo 2 INTs​

[​IMG][​IMG]
    34-7
    Zach Lee 13-21 214 yards 2 TDs​
    Spencer Ware 15 att 69 yards 2 TDs​
    Kadron Boone 3 rec 94 yards TD​

[​IMG][​IMG]
    0-30
    FCS - Tennessee​
    0-47​

21. controllerabuser

What is that site again Knight? You got those logos from? I think we talked about them before. I never saved the URL.

22. KnightNoles

[​IMG]
    WEEK 9
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    19-37
    AJ McCarron 12-16 144 yards TD​
    Bracken 15 att 203 yards 3 TDs​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    24-27
    Terrance Davis 14-22 187 yards 2 TDs 2 INTs​
    Jaamal Berry 18 att 145 yards TD​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    7-24
    Zach Lee 11-15 180 yards TD​
    Spencer Ware 26 att 148 yards 2 TDs​
    FCS - Georgia
    0-28
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    28-43
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    18-19

23. KnightNoles

[​IMG]
    WEEK 10
    SHOWDOWN FOR THE WEST​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    9-14​
    A classic defensive match up between the two elite teams of the SEC West, as Alabama showed their defense was a little bit more dominate as they held the Tigers to 3 FGs. Alabama was able to score twice coming from the arm of AJ McCarron. Alabama has to drop 2 SEC games now for LSU to represent the West which is highly unlikely.​
    ----------​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    19-13​
    Florida jumped out to a 10-0 lead after the first quarter and would settle for 3 FGs to preserve the lead and win the game. Florida all but secured the East title with this victory as they play Vanderbilt next weekend which should not give them any trouble.​
    ----------​

[​IMG][​IMG]
    42-44​
    The Wildcats almost gave this game away as they led 38-21 to start the 4th quarter. Arkansas score 21 points in the 4th and fell an onsides kick short from being able to take the lead and win the game. UKs Terrance Davis arguably played his best game of his young career completing 12 of 24 for 160 yards 3 TDs and a pick along with rushing 19 times for 85 yards and a score. Jaamal Berry touched the ball 15 times for 203 yards and a TD and the coaching staff is happy both players efforts were not overshadowed by a loss.​

----------​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    7-37​

[​IMG][​IMG]
    13-35​

24. controllerabuser

Excelling in 2013
    Award Semifinalists
    [​IMG]
    Maxwell Award