S4:W3: Bengals vs Lions

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by LSUTRUTH, May 9, 2013.

1. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

The Bengals traveled to the Lions today. This game would be a slugfest from the get go. As both the Bengals and Lions wanted to run the ball. With neither team having success The Bengals and their crazy WR core would jump on top 13-0 before Det would answer with a FG of their own. The Bengals would answer with a TD with a pass from Dalton to Green. However Stafford would run the 2 minute drill to a T and get a late TD as well. The halftime score would be 20-10 however it felt like the Bengals would run away with it.

To start the Second half the Bengals would kick off. The Lions returner Malone Huff would run right up the middle untouched for a 99 yard TD. After the two teams traded punts the Bengals would finally get another drive going. This time a terrible throw and amazing catch would be the result for a TD. A laid out diving catch by WR Jones for the 18 yard TD off a wheel route where Dalton almost missed him wide open. 27-17 end of 3.

The 4th Quarter would be all Lions until the end. The Lions would answer the Dalton TD pass with a FG. Then after forcing the Bengals to Punt Malone- Huff would strike again this time for a 79 yard punt return. Then The Lions would add a FG to take the Lead first time in the whole game. 30-27. The Bengals would proceed to calmly move the ball down the field until on 3rd and 3 when he would go for it all with a corner to Richard who would take it 62 yards for a TD. The Lions with 3:08 left would drive down the field piece by piece moving closer and closer to the end zone. With 30 seconds on the clock the Lions were in FG range. However down 4 they needed a TD.

The are the next 4 downs.

1st and Goal from the 3. The Lions would run it up the middle to no avail they would lose 3 yards.

2nd and Goal from the 6. The Lions would look to pass Stafford cant find anyone and bom down he goes. SACK.

3rd and Goal from the 15. Stafford under center looking to throw he has time. Tons of time. He has a man Wide open And boom TD!! TD LIONS. Hold on Folks Looks like an issue here. Turns out Stream did not get his feet in bounds. 4th down Lions.

4th and Goal from the 15. The Lions again would look to pass. Stafford looking and looking and their is no one open. Stafford Fires ball is in the air and OHHHH Tipped and knocked down by Taylor Mays. Bengals WIN.

GG Anthrax78

IN news

Andy Dalton is Ripping ass 21/31 for 388 and 4 TDS

Leading NFL rusher for the Lions had 15 carries for 22 yards. this is the 3rd back in a row that has gone over 70 yards vs this Bengals defense. Do I smell a trend.

Next Up is GB

2. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Very tough to run on these new sliders, almost too tough IMO. AP hasn't broke 100 Yds yet, and I've allowed a total of maybe 45 Yds rushing in first two games. My d-line is good, but not THAT good. It just seems impossible to run, except for those that take runs straight to the sideline...maybe I just need some time to adjust, but my stud o-line now seems to block like they're all rated in the 60's.

HotRod

*Edit - disregard the rant above; just me venting a little bit. As most people know by now, without a running game my offense is pretty anemic. Without the ability to cheese with AP and a stud OL, how do you expect the Vikings to compete in the NFC North?! I guess after breaking the rushing record twice in two seasons, I probably had this coming...

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  3. LSUTRUTH

if my RB didnt have 80 Speed I would have alot more rushing yards. 50 carries for 142 yards is terrible. That being said you have to run outside to set up the inside run a bit

4. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:

The running sliders haven't been changed significantly. Run blocking was increased 5 points to 55 and block shedding was increased 5 points to 55. That's it, rush defense reaction time is still 50.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

That's part of mixing up your play calling, right? Gotta stay balanced.

6. LSUTRUTH

You will get a dose in week 4

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm not trying to be a douche, I'm agreeing with you. Only running inside is just as unsim as only running wide. There has to be balance.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Could be the speed threshold, previously, the speed threshold was i think 35 which means speed made more of a difference. The higher the threshold, the less impact speed has from my understanding. I think speed threshold is 60 now, so i suspect you shouldnt see so many break away plays and defenders catching up to you. So get all the yards you can.

I've had decent yardage in my two games, but 0 TDs, haven't hit any big runs yet.

9. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I think we can all agree that stats were outrageous last season. I feel like these sliders give us a more balanced gameplay, it is similar to that of TMFL thought not as strict on passing. You can still run the ball, the previous sliders were totally dependent on speed to get yards.

10. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Agreed, i always though the speed threshold slider should be in the 80 range. This takes into account real life situations where guys have great straight line speed, yet poor football speed. For example, everybody knows DHB ran a 4.30 and has great speed, but he played slow and can never get separation. So if speed were to impact in madden, it would have to be a significant speed difference like a 95 spd player vs an 85 spd player.