S4 W4: Arizona Cardinals @ San Francisco 49ers

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Boom29, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Jul 7, 2011

Niners Climb to 2-2
    beat Cardinals 27-24 on FG as time expired

With the game tied at 24, the San Francisco 49ers took possession near midfield with one final chance to win the game in regulations. A couple of critical third down conversions later, San Francisco was on it's way to a hard-fought victory over division rival Arizona Cardinals as rookie K Blake McNulty's short field goal went through the uprights.

The 49ers controlled the first half of the game, but each time they appeared ready to distance themselves from the Cardinals, a fumble gave Arizona life, leading to 14 Cardinal points. Nevertheless, San Francisco went into the half with a 17-14 lead.

The second half saw both offenses struggle to move the ball throughout, especially San Francisco who would turn the ball over three more times. Meanwhile, the Cardinals, who had earlier trailed 17-7, went on to take a 24-17 lead early in the fourth. Kaepernick and the rest of the 49ers offense would recover in time, scoring the final 10 points of the game.

Nick Winkler, Good game. Just when I was starting to feel comfortable, I turned the ball over. Your defense really stepped up in the second half and I couldn't do much on offense. When you stopped me on the fourth and inches play, I thought you were going to win the game.
  2. Nick Winkler

Nick Winkler Walk On

Feb 8, 2013
    Was an awesome game man. Your D is solid couldn't get anything going. Looking forward to our rematch!!