S4 W5 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by onaradio34, Jan 5, 2013.

1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

TEMPLE SNEAKS BY BAYLOR IN BEARS FIRST BIG EAST GAME
    Late INT Lifts Owls to 10-6 Victory

[​IMG]

The Temple Owls traveled to Waco, TX to take on one of the Big East's newest members in the Baylor Bears. As usually when these two coaches meet, the games highlights came mostly from the defenses. Neither team was able to crack 300 yards of offense and neither eclipsed 100 yards rushing. Temple was held to a meager 30 yards on 27 carries.

Luckily, Soph QB Green had his best day as an Owl completing 10 of 13 passes for 190 yards and a TD. Sr WR Stephen Cooper was his favorite target with 5 catches for 86 yards, 43 of which came on the game's lone TD of the game.

That touchdown came in the 3rd quarter to give Temple a 7-6 lead. The next big play came from DE Brad More as he dropped into coverage and jumped a quick out to a Baylor TE late in the 4th. He would return it deep into Baylor territory that would set Temple up with a FG that made the game 10-6. This would prove to be huge as Baylor was able to drive down to the Owl 5 yard line with only seconds remaining. On 4th down, Coach Radio dialed up a CB blitz from the short side of the field. Baylor QB Russell read it and fired a strike to his WR who was just able to get his head around. Unfortunately for the Bears the ball was already on him and he couldn't hold the catch. Incomplete. Temple ball. One kneel down sealed the win for Temple.

Now 3-0 (1-0), Temple will continue to face Big East newcomers as Iowa State travels to Philly in week 6.

• Like Like x 2
  2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Good stuff!

In Louisville new, I beat the ever living crap out of BYE this week!

• Like Like x 1
  3. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

Cal Pulls Away
    The Cal Golden Bears improve to 3-1 on the young season. They hosted Utah this week. Utah would take there first drive down and score on a 3 yard rush. On Cal's first offensive drive, Kyle Boehm connected with Kenny Lawler for a 35 yard touchdown pass. The next drive Cal would score again. This time Boehm would take it himself from 9 yards out. The Utes would answer that with another 5 yard rushing touchdown. With time running out Boehm would connect with Chris Harper this time for 2 yards. Cal would get the ball to start the 2nd half. Bryce Treggs would take the ensuing kick off to the house for 98 yards. The defense would step up and get a pick six. Rodney Lindsey would pick off a wide out screen and take to the house 30 yards out. Boehm would connect with Maurice Harris would connect on 32 yard pass. Cole Leininger would miss the pat. Utah would score one more time. Next week #1 USC.​

• Like Like x 2
  4. Juicemann03

Juicemann03 Walk On

WELL WELL WELL.....since ea wont let me load my game summary i guess ill just let you guys know that the wood shed i was talking about......i took OREGON behind it ad drug em' around a lil bit until the were kicking and screaming and their feathers were a bit ruffled. Needless to say, they didnt get to do any pushups in the endzone. until next time.....stay thirsty my friends

• Like Like x 1