S4, Week 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

No user games. And everyone PLEASE do your summaries, last week before I start cracking down. I want everyone to set ready to advance when done so that I know. Advance is Wednesday.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

It should always set if you play your game and use up your recruiting time anyways right? Of course, with whats left to recruit people may not be using all of their time now.

3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Rutgers 31
    USF 7

The Scarlet Knights impressed the home crowd with a big win over conference foe USF. It was a balanced day offensively, with 159 yards passing and 159 yards rushing. Both teams had 1 turnover, but the real difference was third down conversion rates and red zone defense. Rutgers converted 70% of their 3rd downs, while USF only completed 41%. The Bulls were also in the red zone three times, but came away with zero points.

Stats:

J. Edwards 10/16 153 yds 1 TD 0 INT

J. Thomas 27 att 137 yds 1 TD

S. Hicks 4 rec 41 yds 1 TD

A. Peters 1 tackle 1 INT (43 yard pick 6)

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

NC State - 28
    Florida St. - 7

The Wolfpack won in surprisingly dominating fashion over the Seminoles this weekend thanks to solid play from the offense, and a stifling defense that forced 6 Florida State turnovers, 3 interceptions, 3 fumbles. Florida State had 5 of those turnovers in Wolfpack territory, including several in the red zone. Tyler Brosius threw 4 touchdown passes, and James Washington had 105 rushing yards for NC State. Up 21-0 in the 4th, NC State gave up the shutout when Greg Dent caught a touchdown pass for the Seminoles. The Wolfpack travel to Boston College next week.

5. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Michigan 16
    Northwestern 20

Denard Robinson again showed why Michigan should have kept him by leading the Wildcats to an impressive comeback victory against the Wolverines. The Wildcats defense played very well limiting the Wolverines to three field goals for most of the first half. Everyone wishes they had the Wolverine kicker he boomed one from 57 yards for his third field goal of the game making the score 9-0. After that the Wildcats offense got it going with a 43 yard TD pass from Robinson to Jimmy Hall making it 9-7 with less than a minute to go in the half. However, the Wolverines would get a quick score driving the ball down the field with ease ending up with a TD making the score 16-7 at the half. The Wildcats would respond with vegence. The Wildcats moved the ball down the field on their opening drive, eating most of the clock, and getting a 25 yard field goal to pull within 6. Then on the Wolverines next possesion the Wildcats intercepted an option pitch. However, the Wildcats would only get another field goal making the score 16-13. In the fourth quarter the Wildcats offense would score again, this time it was a touchdown pass form Robinson to Rashard Lawerence making the score 20-16. Then the defense would continue its excellent play shutting down the Wolverines offense leading to the Wildcats' victory.

The big difference was the play of the two quarterbacks, Robinson played extremely well throwing for 272 yards and 2 TDs, while his counterpart struggled throwing for only 182 and 1 TD. It looks like Denard did get his day against the Wolverines.

6. Keller

@MaslerBoros16 - I'm having server troubles - I logged in at 430 to do my recruiting and play but after recruiting it went to upload then failed. I re-tried it like 5 times with no luck. I'm logging back in right now and everything is sluggish. I'm gonna try and get my game in tonight but I'm just letting you know its actin real weird ahead of time.

7. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Looks like we can advance. Keller is done and he was the last one.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Michigan State 62

Indiana 14

Not much to say about this game except the Hoosiers are terrible and State was able to make it look easy. The Spartans scored 31 points in the second quarter alone, 17 of those points came in the last 2 minutes of the quarter. Boisture played well managing to throw 4 TDs and no picks while Hill got his first 200 yard rushing game with 3 scores. The defense was huge on the day forcing 4 fumbles and recovering them all.

State moves to 7-2 (3-2) on the season and take on the Boilermakers next week.

Advancing now...

9. Keller

Yeah I played and didnt have any problems uploading.

@MaslerBoros16 - did you look at sibellius' post about looking for a league? I think he'd be a good addition.

Also, any more thought to joining the TMFL?

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

Yea I am looking into him. Just been busy and super effing tired with work lately.

I forgot about TMFL sorry..ya I can probably join. I will join the league before I go to bed tonight and then give me tomorrow to get things done (I get off work at 11am EST).