S4, Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Alright here's the deal, catch up on ALL summaries and you will get off without a penalty. This must be done by the time we advance, no later. I want every week including this week done. If you had a Bye or lost a User vs User a summary is NOT required, the winner of the User vs User game must write the summary. If you didn't play that game, then no summary is needed as well I have listed below who needs to catch up and have specified which Week (if the Week mentioned is a Bye then disregard..). I will cross out your name when completed.

@JCspartan2 - 3, 4, 7, 9, & 10
    @Bl0ndeRedhead - 7, 8, & 9
    @fuzzyl0gic - 4, 8, & 9
    @Keller - 2, 3, & 10
    @gowazzucougs - 2, 3, & 4
    @BigSugeKnight - 7, 8, 9 & 10
    @kdpnutter (I know you've been busy with Army stuff but if you have played any of these please do the summary) - 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 & 10

@HovaTheGodMC AND @Dj391 - ALL 10 WEEKS. NOT happy about this one. Get them done. :mad:

So we are into Week 11. One user matchup this week. REMEMBER THE SUMMARIES FOR WEEK 11!!

2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Thanks for the heads up, I will go back and do week 4 and week 8. Week 9 was a bye.

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Actually I'm really surprised I missed them in weeks 2 and 3 - I don't remember that at all. I'll hop to it.

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Oops, I knew I was behind but I didn't know it was that bad. My fault man.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

That will take me AGES

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

You have until Friday, plenty of time

7. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

The one game that I did actually play I did a summary for about the lopsided loss to Cal, other than that I have not been able to play any games.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ok, just wasn't sure. Thanks, ill cross your name out.

9. Keller

[​IMG]

Maryland picks off Iowa and wins 28-13

The Terrapins controlled this game from the start but almost let things slip away until a timely interception sealed the Hawkeyes fate in the 4th quarter. Maryland was an amazingly efficient 81% on 3rd downs and kept the Hawkeyes offense of the field most of the day, gobbling up time of possession 17:36 to Iowa's 10:24. Maryland rushed the ball over 30 times for just over 150 yards on the ground and threw for just under 150 through the air.

First quarter: Both teams trade long efficient clock chewing TD drives capped off with passes. 7 all.

Second quarter: Maryland finally gets on the board again with just under 2 minutes to play in the half on a 9 yard run by backup RB DJ Adams. On ensuing possession, Maryland audibles into vanilla cover 2 at the last second and corner Travis Hawkins picks off a pass to the flats and returns it 28 yards for a touchdown. Maryland up 21-7.

Third quarter: Both teams held scoreless helped by the fact that both teams threw interceptions. Iowa was picked off by Terp FS Eric Franklin.

Fourth quarter: Iowa scores early to put on the pressure but misses the XP, 21-13 Maryland. Maryland drive stalls again and punts back to Iowa. Iowa comes mixing pass and run but on a fake blitz by LB Bradley Johnson, he drops back and flashes across the middle of the field to pick off a quick slant and picks off Iowa again, 3 total for the Terp defense. Maryland plays smashmouth football and runs the ball all over the Hawkeye defense on their final possession, chewing up clock and spitting out Hawkeyes on their way to a 9 yard score and capping the game off 28-13 Maryland.

10. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I did the write up for Week 2 in the kickoff season 4 thread, I wasn't sure if we putting the scores in that thread or any other designated scores thread. Week 3 I had a bye, and in Week 4 fuzzy just did the write up, I can add to the write up, or leave with what fuzzy wrote.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Nah, you are all set. I must have overlooked your Week 2 write up.

12. Keller

Hey mark me off the list I'm good to go.

13. gowazzucougs

Iowa 17
    Northwestern 24

The Wildcats played very sloppy against the Hawkeyes, but was able to pull it out. On the opening drive the Wildcats ate over 4 minutes on the clock, but failed to score when HB Zac Ferguson fumbled the ball and it was recovered by a Hawkeye defender. In the second quarter Northwestern was able to get on the board with a 32 yard field goal, and took the 3-0 at halftime. In the second half after the Wildcats picked off the Iowa quarterback, Denard Robinson threw a 67 yard TD pass to Drew Moulton on the following play. It looked like the Wildcats were in control, but wrong. Iowa responded with 2 quick toucdowns taking a 14-10 lead. On the Wildcats next possession Denard Robinson hit Drew Moulton for a 58 yard touchdown on a third and six. This was an amazing play, because the ball was nearly picked off the Iowa defensive back. In the fourth quarter, Wildcats extended their lead with Denard Robinson 33 yard TD pass to Jimmy Hall making the score 24-14. The Hawkeyes wouldn't quit getting a field goal, and then the onside kick. However, the Hawkeyes would fumble it away on a deep pass allowing the Wildcats to hold on.

14. fuzzyl0gic

Rutgers 34
    Cincinnati 31

The Scarlet Knights found themselves in the biggest deficit so far this year, down 21-3 against the Bearcats early in the second quarter. Jonathan Edwards was not having a good game early on, but composed himself and led his team to a victory. Usually the Scarlet Knights like to have a balanced attack offensively, but they were forced to pass early on in order to catch up. Edwards had a career day passing, throwing for 541 yards and 3 TDs. He reminded fans of the Tom Savage days with his brilliant come back and these kinds of numbers. Scott Hicks, the freshman TE, also had a huge day with 11 receptions for 195 yards and 2 TDs. Rutgers improves to 10-0 with the dramatic win, and hopes to keep National Title hopes alive. Coach Fuzzy is very impressed with his team and certainly did not expect to be in the NC talk this late in the season with this young team.

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

Michigan State 41

Purdue 21

A close game for 3 and a half quarters until William Gholston went nuts, he sacked the QB 4 times in the 4th quarter, a total of 5 in the game (3 CPU, 2 user). On two of the sacks he forced fumbles, both which were recovered by his opposite DE Rush. The twin towers are doing well in East Lansing it seems, Rush added 2 sacks on the day. This could easily be the toughest D line in the country as they have had at least 3 games with 5+ sacks, this game had a total of 9. The offense wasn't quiet either as Boisture started off the day with 2 picks but stormed back to throw for nearly 400 yards and 4 scores. Hill had close to 200 yards rushing and a score. This game was close in the 4th quarter (27-21) until Keith Mumphrey broke 74 yards for a TD. The defense as stated above finished off the Boilermakers.

Michigan State improves to 8-2 (4-2) and have another road game against the Golden Gophers before finishing up at home vs Penn State.

Stats

J. Boisture - 17/26, 331 yards, 4 TD

N. Hill - 28 Att, 184 yards, TD

K. Mumphrey - 5 Rec, 132 yards, 2 TD

D. Spencer - 4 Rec, 72 yards, 2 TD

W. Gholston - 8 Tackles, 5 TFL, 5 Sacks, 2 FF

M. Rush - 5 Tackles, 3 TFL, 2 Sacks, 2 FR

Something tells me I need to make our pass rush worse...

16. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

West Virginia 19

Pittsburgh 14

This years annual Backyard Brawl came down to a nail-biting finish as the West Virginia Mountaineers squeaked by the Panthers 19-14. The first quarter set the tone for what would be a major defensive battle as both teams forced each other to several 3 and outs. At one point Pitt got the ball down to the WVU 5 yard line but junior Mark Myers would be intercepted in the end zone on the next play. The Panthers would end up getting the ball back on an errant toss that ended up in the hands of a Pittsburgh linebacker. The turnovers didn't stop there however, as Myers was again picked off on the next play after that. This time WVU would make it count when Barry Brunetti hooked up with receiver Ivan Mccartney on a 66 yd pass to the goal line and then ran in for a TD on the next play. WVU would miss the extra point to keep the lead at 6. Not to be outdone, the Panthers drove down the field and scored a TD of their own on a short PA pass to the fullback. Pitt would make the extra point to take the lead. Brunetti would take several hard hits on the next drive but made a big completion on 3rd down into Panther territory and Mountaineer HB Daquan Hargrett would run it in for the score to close out the first half. The third quarter played out like the first as both teams were held to punts. Down by six in the last half of the 4th quarter, Pittsburgh made a run for the lead and managed to get into the red zone. Myers managed to get off a pass to WR Devin Street as he was hit hard by a WVU lineman. Street avoided defenders and made it in the end zone to take the lead.....but wait! A flag was down and the offense was called for holding, negating the touch down. Myers was replaced by backup QB Anthony Gonzalez who on his first pass hit tight end Nick Strong for to take the lead with a minute left! As the clock ticked down, Brunetti struggled to get the ball off amid a blitzing Pittsburgh defense. On a big third down with 25 seconds left, Brunetti connected with Mccartney who ducked under a tackler and took it to the house to once again put the Mountaineers back on top. Myers would come back in the game to try for a miracle hail mary but the West Virginia defense would have none of it.

Stats

M Myers 12/29 204 yds/1 TD/2 INT

A Gonzalez 1/1 31 yds/1 TD (690.4 QB rating haha)

B Brunetti 19/35 325 yds/1 TD

D Hargrett 75 yds/2 TDs

I McCartney 112 yds/1 TD

S Gordon 11 tackles/4 TFL/2 Sacks/1 FREC

T Clemmings 9 tackles/4 TFL/2 Sacks/2 FF

17. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Did u frown face me? Thats rude

18. Hova

Wait till he boots you in the ASS

19. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Dahahaha

20. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Asu-42
    Usc-35

The sun Devils gained sole possession of first place in a battle with #9 Usc. The game changer came when Asu was up 7 with Usc driving down the field threatening to score (RS) sophomore Mlb Chris Watson pick 6'd the trojans that put the game out of reach as SC was never able to quit tie it up. The defense could not stop the high flying Sun Devils pass attack as Sophomore QB Mike Dixon went 28-40 for 434 yards 4 tds and 1 pick.

Next up its #24 Cal Bears, then a tune up game against Wazzo, and then on to Arizona. The Sun Devils will clinch a Rose Bowl birth by winning 2 of their last 3 which looks to be very realistic. So its all roses down in Tempe!!!

21. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

All done cross my name off NOW

22. Hova

#3 Illinois 49
    #1 Ohio St 45

We now have a new number 1 in the land as the Illini knock off the buckys in the SHOE. QB Steelballs had balls on fire and sliced the Buckeye defense all game long with precise rockets and needles throwing for 492 YDS and 3 TDs. More impressive yet we HB Green who had 4 TDs rushing and 66 YD rushing and 54 receiving. The defense pretty much blew all game as always but steelballs and the Illini were able to pull out the huge win late.

23. fuzzyl0gic

Man a Illinois vs Rutgers National Championship game would be awesome, but I'm not giving my hopes hope after the BCS screwed me last year.

24. gowazzucougs

Will the new number 1, still be #1 when the Wildcats come to town?

25. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'm assuming you got all the write ups done