S4, Week 13

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

With New Years coming up I know everyone will be out getting wasted or whatever so the advance will take place Sunday at 8pm EST. I saw some summaries did not get done last week, get to them, you know who you are. Three user games this week unless @kdpnutter is unable to play his game, then it's just two but he will need to let @Lobster Killah know.

Once the holidays are over activity will be expected back to normal or better.

2. Lobster Killah

Lobster Killah Custom Title!?

Let me know... Tomorrow and Friday night will be real tough for me to get online.. so if I'm gonna have to play the CPU I'd much rather do it tonight..

3. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

4. Lobster Killah

Lobster Killah Custom Title!?

Hey I have a bye... he's playing Pitt, I'm BC.. I actually have byes the rest of the season :( 11 game schedule.

5. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

@kdpnutter damn alright I'll play the CPU later tonight then.

6. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

Pitt took down UConn tonight in an overtime thriller, beating the Huskies 49-42. The game started off with the Pitt defense picking off UConn QB Chris Hamby, who would later be knocked out of the game. The fast paced Husky offense would later kick into gear, engineering several scoring drives and at one point leading by two touchdowns. As the 4th quarter ticked down, Pitt was able to get down the field and take the lead by a point as a result of a missed UConn PAT. The Huskies would quickly respond and jump back on top by 7 after converting for 2 points. With less than a minute left, Hamby launched the ball down the field and hit one of his receivers to tie the game up as time ran out. OT would not go as well for UConn as regulation though as the Panthers quickly found the end zone on their possession. With the game on the line, backup QB Ryan Reid dropped back to look for his receivers deep but was blindsided by SS Greg Williams and fumbled the ball. Pitt would recover the fumble to end the game.

STATS

Passing
    M Myers 357 yds 4 TDS/3 INTs
    C Hamby 273 yds 3 TDs/INT

Rushing
    A Neal 102 yds/TD
    D Stephens 55 yds

Receiving
    T Thomas 120 yds/TD
    D Newton 110 yds/TD
    B DeCicio 41 yds/2 TDS
    G Davis 75 yds/TD

Defense
    SS G Williams 1 tk/1 INT/1 FF
    DT T Willman 3 tk/1 INT/1 FF

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

Michigan State 56

Penn State 40

The Nittany Lions jumped out to an early 26-0 lead (missed a PAT) over a struggling Spartans offense and seemingly non existant defense. Twice PSU went for it on 4th down (both while up) and both times they scored. Things were looking up at Mich St was about to make it 14-26 before halftime but threw a pick in the endzone. Coach Masler spoke words of wisdom during halftime to inspire his team to victory over their rival. The team came out fired up at they took it down field for a score. The following possession the Lions lost the ball by way of fumble and MSU easily marched into the endzone to make it a 5 point game. A few plays down field later TyQuan Hammock would pick 6 the Lions to give Michigan State a narrow 2 point lead. It was all Spartans from there on out, they did allow two more TDs to be score but poured on the points themselves. WR Spencer recovered from a sluggish start to snag 3 TD passes. Boisture went well over 400 yards and 4 TDs. Hill and Lippett combined for 3 rushing TDs. Once again William Gholston was the defensive player of the game with 9 tackles(7 solo, 2 assissted), 5 sacks and 1 FF. He shattered the NCAA Individual Season Sack Record with 27, he also owns the Michigan State record for a season and career (39).

8. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Northwestern 49
    Illinois 56

There was no defense played in this game. Both offenses seemingly did whatever they wanted to. Both teams scored 21 points in the first half. In the third quarter the offenses really started setting the scoreboard on fire with both teams scoring 21 points. Two of Northwestern scores came on big running plays, first Denard Robinson scored on a 51 yard option keeper, and then RB Zac Ferguson scored on a 74 yard run from a Wildcat formation (I should post the video to this play, as HOW NOT TO PLAY THE WILDCAT). However, each time Illinois aerial attack would respond. In the fourth quarter Illinois scored two times, while Northwestern was only able to manage one score late in the quarter. Illinois second score came off an Denard Robinson interception, his third of the game.

In thinking about this game, I think the worst thing that happened to Northwestern was scoring so quickly in the third quarter. My three scoring drives probably took less than a minute thirty off the clock. In the games that Northwestern won this season, it dominated the time of possession, and with the Wildcats scoring so fast especially in the third quarter, it prevented us from controlling the clock and keeping Steelballs off the field, which anyone must do when playing Illinois.

Lastly, it is a shame that Hova is leaving us. I think the Northwestern and Illinois rivalry was getting prety good with both of us winning a game a piece.

9. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Ahh good ol Steelballs - immortalized forever.