S4, Week 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Not very many games as we reach the end of the season. Keep up the good work writing the summaries. Advance is Wednesday at 10 pm.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

[​IMG]
    Maryland runs away from West Virginia in the second half.

West Virginia QB Barry Brunetti was a stellar 21/27 for 283 yards 3td's and 1 int - and here I thought the Mountaineers were supposed to be a spread option running team. No longer - they were downright electric when throwing the football against the Terp defense, they just didn't throw it enough. Both teams spent most of the first half trading punches. Maryland scored first, then West Virginia, then Maryland on a 77 yard dash by HB Caleb Porzel, then West Virginia again and finally a time consuming game changing drive right as time expired - Maryland again to go up 21-14 WITH the bonus of getting the ball back in the second half.

Maryland saw the success of the power running game at the end of the first half and they came back out with that mindset in the second half and controlled the game entirely from that point on. Maryland went on a tear down the field, shredding the Mountaineer 3-3-5 defense on their way to another score, this time from backup RB DJ Adams. Maryland grinded out the rest of the game, finishing with another field goal but failing to stop a late, inconsequential Mountaineer drive - Terps win 31-20.

QB Devin Burns finished 13/22 for 170 yards and 2tds
    RB Caleb Porzel finished with 24carries for 187 yards and 1td
    RB DJ Adams finished with 8carries for 43 yards and 1td
    WR Will Hudson was the leading receiver, finishing with 4catches for 50 yards and 2tds
    Defensively, LB Bradley Johnson again led the way, finishing with 8 tackles, several tackles for loss, 1 sack and 1 FF.

Next week Maryland will again be playing for an ACC Title - seemingly against the Miami Hurricanes.

3. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

NC State - 21
    East Carolina - 3

The Wolfpack beat ECU in this year's rivalry game thanks to some great defense from NC State, and another solid outing from QB Tyler Brosius. The game got off to a slow start, with neither team able to score in the 1st quarter. Josh Medlock scored first with a 30 yard touchdown reception midway through the 2nd quarter, and after an ECU interception, NC State was able to come back down the field and get another Medlock touchdown catch to go up 14-0. Before the half ended, Brosius was picked off inside the Wolfpack 20 yard line, but the defense held ECU to a field goal to end the half. A touchdown run by James Washington in the 4th quarter sealed the game at 21-3. Washington had 26 carries for 104 yards and a TD, while Brosius was 14/23 for 244 yards, with 2TD and an INT. The Wolfpack were dominant on defense, and held ECU to 124 yards on offense the whole game.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Summaries people....sorry I didn't advance, been fighting a sinus infection all day. Gunna give it another day. @Dj391, I'm setting JC to Auto, he's in Mexico so yea lol.

5. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Bwaha giggity lol was waiting for that

6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Homo

7. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Lick my nuts? What????

8. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Hova, why do you hate this guy so much? I'd say 50% of your posts in this forum lately are direct DJ insults lol.

9. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Dude set him to auto already lol

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

We both know DJ personally, they are always like this

11. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Oh ok, makes sense now.

12. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

[​IMG]

Pitt got stomped on by #12 Virginia Tech on Saturday in it's last game of the season. The Panthers came up big on the first drive when VTech QB Tom Lucas threw a pick giving Pitt the ball in the red zone. Pitt capitalized on the turnover with a short run into the end zone by Andre Givens for the first score of the game...but it was all downhill from there. VT halfback David Wilson ran all over the Panther defense, racking up 201 yards and 3 touchdowns. Pitt wouldn't score again until the end of the first quarter on a desperate heave to the end zone.

STATS

Panthers
    QB M Myers 10/30 204 yds 1 TD/2 INT

HB A Neal 66 yds

WR D Newton 4 rec/78 yds
    WR S Williams 2 rec/66 yds/TD

Hokies
    QB T Lucas 10/17 135 yds/1 TD

HB D Wilson 201 yds/3 TD

WR T Clark 2 rec/29 yds/1 TD

MLB R Sharpe 9 tak/2 INT