S4: Week 2 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Cimmy24, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Forever whipped the floor with Cam today. I lost 31-14, but Cam couldn't hit anything in the rain. I will let him do the recap for my shitty performance

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

CARDS start 2-0
    [​IMG]
    Coach/GM Sdid22 presser recaps
    Sdid22 says while is happy to be 2-0 he has been down this road before and it is nothing to get excited about.
    He said Kevin Kolb has done enough to "hang on to the job".
    QB Shaq Marshall will still get 30 percent of the reps in practice with the first team "just in case"
    He is most pleased with the play of Stewart Bradley, Larry Fitzgerald, Ryan Williams and Rashard Jennings. He siad they have been key to the victories.
    He wants DE and First rd pick Mills to stop thinking and be an athlete off the edge.
    He said that he plans on Patrick Peterson being a cardinal for life.
    The team is working out some FA SS because of the history of injuries with starter Bob Sanders.

• Like Like x 1
  4. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

[​IMG]
    Titans Win in a Shutout 27-0​
    Titans Defense seems to be picking up where they left off last year coming into todays game slowing down a team they couldn't stop in the AFC Championship game in the Denver Broncos and then pitching a shutout today against an explosive rushing attack. ​
    Titans running attack has be shoddy at best, today Chris Johnson would get shut out averaging under 4 yards a carry. Backup Akiee Moore came in and couldn't produce anything better. Today we were facing jail house blitzes, they were simply sending more than we were sending, this Jacksonville D is a great defense and will stuff the run in this league especially having to face one of the top backs 2 times a year. Titans would notch up the first TD of the game on the first drive seeing QB Jake Locker hook up with WR Kenny Britt for 10 yards. Locker has come along for the Titans this year and is the reason the Titans have 2 wins, well along with the Defense. Which the D added up 6 as well when CB Jason McCourty would pick off QB Blaine Gabbert and take it back untouched. The Titan D would notch up 2 more interceptions to bring the Total to 3 for Gabbert in today's game. Titans duo of Locker to Britt would hook up 1 more time this time for 8 yards. Only downside for the Titans today would be that they lost backup TE Welsye Saunders for 8 weeks. They will be searching the FA for a TE​
    GG wayers50

• Like Like x 1
  5. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

[​IMG]
    DEZ BEASTS BOYS OVER RAIDERS IN OT
    Cowboys 37 Raiders 31
    The Cowboys and Raiders had a dog fight this week and will be the talk around the league for weeks. Both teams swapped the lead during the duration of the game but what was special was the 4th quarter. The Cowboys had the ball on their own 23 yard line and instead of punting to the Raiders they decided to go for it. Although Jason Witten came up inches short and turned the ball over. The Dallas defense stepped up and held the Raiders to a field goal. It was 23-17 Dallas ball with 1 timeout and 1:40 left in the game. QB Ryan Mallet marched his team down to the 2yd line and gave the ball to Felix Jones to put Dallas up 24-23. It wasn't over. With 20+ seconds left the Dallas secondary broke and Jones hit Moore for a 70yd TD to leave 17seconds left on the clock. They went for 2 and came up succesful giving the Raiders the lead 31-24. After throwing over the middle to Jason Witten, Dallas had to go 60 yards exactly to send this game to overtime. Mallet saw that Miles Austin had a step on his guy and threw a 60 yard bomb into his hands to send it to OT. Dallas selected tails and won the toss. On the second play of the game the Raiders defense played man, while noticing that Dez Bryant was one on one with no safety help Mallet took a chance throwing the ball up to Dez. Dez pulled it in shruggin the defender off and winning the game for the Cowboys!!! GG DrunkenSoldier

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Dam i thought i was going to pick that last play!

GG cadepetty247

7. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

[​IMG]
    REDSKINS NOTCH FIRST WIN OF THE YEAR OVER VICK 24-21
    The 'Skins got into the win column in Week 2 with a 24-21 win over the Philadelphia Eagles and Michael Vick. Although he forced no turnovers, had no sacks or made any highlight reel plays, the Redskins can thank the game's leading tackler, Ray Maualuga, for performing well in the role of QB Spy. While the Eagles were able to put up some points, one TD was scored by their defense, and one came their last drive when Michael Vick and Jatashun Kilgore, apparently channeling the ghosts of Joe Montana and Jerry Rice, were able to hook on back to back fly routes for a quick score. The Eagles other TD was set up after LeSean McCoy 60+ yard scampered to the Washington 3 yard line after taking a direct snap in the Wildcat. Relentless in his attack on the goal line, Vick remained resolute after hook sliding just shy of the goal line on first down, and he was able to find pay dirt on his second down scramble from 3 yards out.
    After the game, Vick, who carried the ball 11 times for 52 yards, stated, "We came up short this week, but this offense is gonna get it together. We just got behind in the 3rd quarter and had to move away from our offense a little. I had to throw the ball seven times today and hand it off to #25 fifteen times. Coach got the play in late on my helmet speakers and I had no time to audible to a scramble. That is twenty-two plays when I didn't drop back, count One Misssissippi, Two Mississ-, and take off running. Also, out of my eleven carries, I was only able to hook slide nine times. That is not where we want to be at this point. If we can limit LeSean's carries to, say, five to seven a game - - cut out the passing - - and get my carries per game into the high twenties, low thirties - - we are gonna win some games and shake up this division." Through two games, Vick has toted the mail twenty-eight times. Only fourteen players, all featured tailbacks, have more rushing attempts. Vick is currently 11th in the league in rushing with 183 yards. Vick's passer rating of 103.5 would be good enough for 13th in the league, however he has not thrown the ball the minimum 14 times a game to qualify.
    When asked about his passing numbers in the game and through two weeks of the season, Vick could not hide his frustration. "Man, I am not like everybody else. That last drive when we scored on three plays in under 30 seconds - - that kind of stuff is not gonna win us a championship. It is too predictable. Just like handing off to LeSean is too predictable. What does every other team in this league do? They all hand off to a HB twenty something times a game and throw the damn ball twenty something times a game. They aren't tricking anybody. And correct me if I am wrong, but the only team it worked out for is Denver." On their last drive of the game, the Eagles covered 80 yards in three plays - - two Vick passes to Kilgore which covered 77 yards and accounted for the TD, and one scramble by Vick which went for three. Vick continued, "The only reason Jatashun was open on that last pass was because Washington knew we had to score quick and keyed on me. They keyed on me on first and I had to throw it. When the 'Skins stuffed my scramble on the second play, I slid hard - - i mean a hard NFL hook slide - - I was hurting so bad at the line I lost my head and audibled to the wrong play. Instead of a three step drop scramble, I inadvertently called another go route and threw it. We got lucky. I mean, if I call the scramble we score for sure. But to pass in that situation? Bad call on my part, and I apologize to the coaches and fans. I can promise this going forward. I will run the ball more, hand off the ball less, throw the ball less, and I will not fail to hook slide. If I can do this, the wins will come." Also noteworthy after the game was the fact that no other Eagles player, or any coach, showed up at the post game press conference.
    Following the game, the 'Skins coach simply stated, "Hey. It's a win. They all count the same and we will take them any way we can get them. Being a player or coach in this league is not easy, and although we are competitors, we cannot help but empathize with the entire Eagle's organization. Coach Reid, the players and everyone in the front office of the Eagle's organization are in our prayers."

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  8. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

No Ivory? No Problem!
    Toby G. leads the Vikings to a 21-13 win at Detroit.
    [​IMG]
    Week 2 brought a battle between 2 NFC North teams at Ford Field. The Minnesota Vikings and Detroit Lions. The Vikings have been on a roll lately against the Lions and this one wasn't much different. The Vikings played near perfect aside from two interceptions thrown by Christian Ponder. After losing our feature back for 5 weeks, things couldn't get any worse, or could they? Chris Ivory went down and we had to call upon Toby Gerhart and our rookie Greg Scott. Toby Gerhart completely controlled this game with 24 carries for 145 yards and 2 touchdowns. That called for 4 runs by Greg Scott who answered with 34 brilliant yards. ​
    The Vikings were able to get a 14-3 lead heading into the 4th quarter. Toby Gerhart punched in another to put it at 21-3. The Lions would go on a 10-0 run but it wasn't enough as they weren't able to get the onside kick to have a chance to tie. ​
    Some very great things came out of this game. We might be able to survive without AP. Could be a trade down the line. Another is, our defense is completely retooled, at least it looks that way. Our rookie linebacker was able to make some plays today. He ended with 3 tackles, a vicious sack and a forced fumble. We held Matthew Stafford under 100 yards passing and 0 touchdowns. Which equaled 0 catches for Calvin Johnson. ​

• Like Like x 2
  9. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    BEARS LOSE FOSTER, OUTLAST GIANTS 31-24

GG Cimmy24

• Like Like x 1
  10. BG

BG On The Rize!

JETS DEFENSE AND RUNNING GAME LEAD TO WIN OVER PANTHERS

[​IMG]
    Player of the Game Revis led the Jets with 2 ints in the contest!
    Carolina- The New York Jets defense hold highly talented QB Cam Newton in check; forcing 3 ints to pull away in the second half for a 31-14 victory. Jets QB, Tim Tebow has done this season what the team has been waiting for since his arrival 2 years ago, not turn the ball over. He completed 11 of his 16 passes for 205yds and 1 td. The game was pretty close until the third quarter when HB's Jonathan Stewart and Octvious Hardy both ripped long td runs to distance themselves from the dangerous Panthers. The win puts the Jets at 2-0, while Carolina falls to 1-1. Next up, a trip to Tampa to face the Buccaneers.
    GG Bob!

11. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

[​IMG]
    Denver Broncos 23 - San Diego Chargers 17

Denver, CO

The defending Super Bowl Champion Broncos got their first win of the new season against Divisional foe Sn Diego.
    The Broncos defense put in a good performance holding Philip Rivers and the Chargers to only 17 points. The Broncos opened up the scoring in the 1st quarter with a Moreno 1 yard TD run to make it 7-0, and would not relinquish this lead the whole game. San Diego got a FG on their next drive, early in the 2nd quarter, but the Broncos answered back with a TD pass from Boone to Royal of 46 yards to make it 14-3. The Chargers then drove down the field and Philip Rivers hit Young for an 11 yard TD pass to bring it to 14-10 with 42 seconds left in the half. But the Broncos had 3 timeouts and decided to try to get within FG range before the half. Boone would get them down the field into Charger territory, and with 2 seconds left in the half, Prater would drill a 46 yard FG to give them a TD lead again. 17-10 Broncos at the half.
    The Broncos received the 2nd half kick, and worked their way down the field, but had to settle for a Prater 56 yard FG to stretch the lead to 10. On the Chargers next possession, Rivers hit Jerome Simpson, who had a big day, for a 56 yard TD pass to make the score 20-17. After some punt exchanges, the Broncos would drive down the field again and hit a 52 yard FG to put them up 6. Later in the 4th quarter, with the score the same, the Chargers got the ball back and were driving with time winding down. They made their way into Bronco territory, but Philip River was picked off, and the Broncos would kneel on it to give them the victory.

The Broncos move to 1-1 on the season and face off with 0-2 Colts next week.
    The Chargers move to 0-2 on the season and travel to Jacksonville next week to face the 1-1 Jaguars

GG NeuroticTruth

12. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    GG to you as well biggcoug65

Third Down Efficiency 10/14-71% --- Says it all right there.

13. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Damn...

14. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

Yeah, those are impressive stats...2 punts and no turnovers I think... I look forward to our future battles in the division!

15. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Falcons Defeat Patriots in Home Opener
    Atlanta 27 - New England 21
    [​IMG]
    Mendenhall exploded for the second week in a row by rushing for 2 TDs and over 200 yards again. He also broke an 80 yard TD reception from Peyton Manning off of a spin move and a juke.
    Atlanta -​
    The game was close as both sides battled in what proved to be a back and forth affair.​
    The Falcons had a 17-7 leading starting the 2nd half. They were driving and it looked as if the game was going to go out of reach for the Patriots. However, DE Chris Long picked up a Mendenhall fumble and ran it back 50 yards for a TD to put New England within 3 points. The teams battled for the rest of the game but the Falcons came out on top due in large part to the play of RB Rashard Mendenhall as well as the defensive line. The Falcons defense registered 10 sacks on former QB Matt Ryan.​
    The Falcons improve to 2-0 and move on to face Drew Brees and the Miami Dolphins next week.​
    HAL9100 - GG was a fun game.​

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  16. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Chiefs Blowout the Ravens
    [​IMG]

It was a big game for the offense especially new acquisition Jay Cutler and Mark Mariani. The scoring started with a 52 yard touchdown pass to Mariani to put the Chiefs up 7-0 at the end of the first quarter. In the second quarter Succop would get a 44 yard field goal. John Baldwin would later add to the point total with a catch of 61 yards for another Chiefs touchdown. The score at halftime was 17-0 Kansas City. In the third quarter, Baltimore would get their first points of the game with a 43 yard field goal from Billy Cundiff to make it a little bit closer. The Chiefs would keep pouring it on though with another touchdown pass to Mariani this one went for 56 yards to make this score 24-3. In the fourth quarter, the Chiefs would pick up a safety. A little bit later the Ravens will get their first touchdown of the game on a run from Ray Rice to make the score 26-10. Jamaal Charles would find his stride after struggling most of the game with a 46 yard touchdown run to put the icing on the cake. Baltimore would manage to get another field goal but it was too little too late for the Ravens.

Final score:
    Kansas City Chiefs 31

Baltimore Ravens 15
    Box score:
    [​IMG]