S4, Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Into Week 2. Couple of user games here so let's try to get this done quickly. We will advance on Tuesday at 5pm EST.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I won't be back till tonight, do I have a user game?

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

No

4. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

For those of us that just joined, I should be getting the password soon so I will try to play my game tomorrow and get that stuff done tomorrow.

5. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

That picture is massive. But very nice. :)

6. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I was gonna say...not too long before an admin removes that

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

And me and JC got disconnected with :33 left in the game, right after I got a touchdown to go up 22-21...this blows lol

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Ya only premier league sigs are allowed, no other graphics

9. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I fuckin hate EA sometimes...

We agreed to take a sim so you guys could advance this tonight when Masler is done with his game. He isn't able to replay it again until 11 MST and I wouldn't be able to do that being in EST.

Not a huge deal to me, but sucks for him after he had taken the lead for the first time in the game.

10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG] 18
    [​IMG] 14

Oregon State survives an early scare with the help of defensive takeaways and timely big plays. DE Daniel Johnson sacked Purdue QB in the endzone for a safety after Purdue forced a three and out to give OSU the 18 - 14 lead. Offensive the Beavers need to do some self scouting if they are going to be able to define their personality.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Michigan State 28

USF 21

USF was putting the hurt on Sparty at halftime, up 21-0 due to great play by their QB that took the opening snap 74 yards to the house and threw for 2 more scores. But the Spartan defense was able to continue making stops but the offense finally found a rhthym. It took two quarters but State tied it up with 40 seconds left in the game. They forced a quick 3 and out, getting the ball back with 23 seconds but got nowhere with it. The Bulls won the toss in OT and deferred to Michigan State. State was able to score the TD thanks to a 4th down coversion and quick pass into the endzone. The following drive by USF resulted in 4 incompletions, sealing MSU's narrow victory on a rainy day. GG Killer, I did not expect to win that one.

12. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I am actually a premier donator and in a league. I just really like the picture of Hillis. Hopefully it doesn't get removed.

13. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

It's tough to sustain drives when your quarterback can't really make accurate throws ever. Once you figured out the weakness in my defense I figured the game was over.

14. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

As am I but only premier league signatures are allowed, no other graphics. Maybe you could have somebody turn that into a premier league signature for you if you are in TMFL.

15. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I am in fact in the TMFL and am keeping track of Hillis stats in the that area for the year.

16. Bl0ndeRedHead

NC State - 42
    Arizona - 35

GG between me and JC (again). He got off to an early 14-0 lead thanks to a 3-and-out by my offense, a fumbled kickoff return and another fumble by my HB on the third possession. Luckily, NC State was able to turn it around in the 2nd quarter, scoring 21 points thanks to some deep throws by Brosius and a punt return for a touchdown by James Washington. Both of us missed relatively short field goals in the first half, which ended tied at 21-21. The rest of the game was just us trading scores and punts, and right away this felt like a "whoever has it last wins" type game.

Late in the 4th I drove downfield and got a deep bomb to go up 35-28. JC responded rather quickly, getting his own long TD pass for 62 yards with just over 2:00 left, which left me plenty of time. After a deep pass to get in Arizona territory, I got a huge run by Washington to get inside the 10 yard line, and from that point we made him use a timeout and took another 30 seconds off the clock before Washington ran it in from 4 yards out to give NC State a 42-35 lead. But Arizona wasn't about to quit, driving downfield and getting to the NC State 35 or so with :07 left. JC made a big mistake (imo) by scrambling into a hurry-up offense and changing plays after everyone was set instead of calling a timeout (he had 2 left) and wasting about 10-15 off the clock. He had one last throw into the endzone, but I had about 5 defenders to his 2 receivers in the corner and it was easily batted down to end the game.

Both teams had HUGE problems defending against big plays. Where JC seemed to get open receivers 15-20 yards downfield who would then break a couple tackles and get big gains, I had a lot of success just airing it long for 40-50 yard completions where the receiver would be streaking wide open down the sideline.

NC State's player of the game goes to 2 guys actually. QB Tyler Brosius (who went 4/18 with 0TD and 2INT last week) went 12/16 for 263 yards and 3TDs. HB James Washington had 23 carries for 133 yards and 2 rushing TDs, as well as the 60 yard punt return for a TD.

Arizona's players of the game go to QB Thomas Jack who went 16/29 for 345 yards, 3TD and an INT and had 18 rushing yards, and WR Damien Dingle, who had 7 receptions for 133 yards and a TD.

17. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

GG man, I'm glad we got it played.

Your definitely a tough player, you adjusted really well to all of my own adjustments.

About your message you sent me as I left about me pressing coverage and you throwing deep: I felt like I had no choice. My secondary is so piss poor that I feel like I have to get pressure and make you get rid of the ball early in order to stop the pass. They really are pathetic. Not trying to take anything away from you here, just saying thats why I was pressing so much and didn't stop doing it. Like you said, it felt like one of those games to be decided by whoever had the ball last. I figured I might be able to get a lucky INT or stop doing that.

I gotta figure out a way to get Jack out in space running the ball. The dude has 86 speed and 90 Acceleration for a QB. I think the majority of my problem is that my O-line is still being rebuilt from when I lost the entire line a season ago.

I agree with you though in that I would like to make this a yearly match-up if masler is cool with it. It was fun, although frustrating. We do match up well and are both constantly changing our gameplan.

18. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Masler, I was on a bye in week 2.