S4, Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

No user matchups and a couple of Byes. Quick week. Advance is Thursday 10pm est

2. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Cal 35
    Uconn 16

California came out and actually through a pick inside the 5 when it looked like they were going to score. Connecticut moved the ball down the field and took a 3-0 lead on a 32 yard field goal. After that Desarte Yarnway for Cal did the rest of the work, with 19 carries 184 yards and 1 TD, and 12, yes count them 12 broken tackles. Connecticut's offense would get on the other side of the 50 a few times and actually a 59 yard field goal near the end of the half was the big bright spot for the UConn offense was the kicking game today. Chris Hamby went 14 for 32 for 211 yards and 1 TD and an INT. Hamby also carries 15 times for -23 yards (sacks) and Freshman Dave Stephens had 5 carries for 50 yards before injuring himself in the game and being out for the game. Connecticut would have a total of 9 injuries on the day and Yarnway would break tackles at will and Cal rolled over UConn, looks like it will be a long season for the Huskies.

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Thats only a 48 hr advance for all you numerically challenged folk....lets get this show on the road I have byes in all but one of my dynasties!!!

Only kidding of course....but seriously hurry the shit up.

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I will be tackling my game tonight after work around 4:30pm est.

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Rutgers 34
    Iowa 13

It was another good outing for the Scarlet Knight defense, as they held their opponent to a mere 13 points. The offense executed the game plan perfectly, and Jonathan Edwards walked away once again with fairy efficient passing stats. He did have 1 bad INT late in the game, a ball that kind of floated on him. Other than that, it was a flawless performance by Rutgers.

Stats:

Passing
    J. Edwards 18/27 303 YDs 2 TDs 1 INT

Rushing
    D. Williams 22 atts 94 yds 1 TD
    M. Thompson 9 atts 34 yds

Receiving
    J. Henderson 4 catches 122 YDs 1 TD

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Michigan State 44

West Virginia 27

State's defense had a field day most of the game, they gave up some points but most of the game saw the linebackers and D line harassing the spread option. Obviously Rich Rodriquez used to coach here as he left behind his coaching ways...Gholston had a huge game with 4 sacks, his first of the season. Boisture had a nice game with 2 TDs and over 300 yards while Hill proved his worth at HB with 2 scores and over 100 yards.

Michigan State finished up their Big East tour with a sweep and a 3-0 record. We get to rest on a Bye before taking on Coach Hova and his high flying air raid of an offense. Hopefully Gholston can prove his worth in that game as well.

7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Still have NC State, USF, Oregon State, and Illinois left to play this week with the adv tonight.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

I won't be around at 10, so can we be done by 7? If not the adv won't be until late tomorrow night. I could just adv at 7 anyway since I've seen some of you on and not playing

• Like Like x 1
  9. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

A 7 o clock advance would be awesome, hopefully those guys can get their games in.

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

We only need Oregon State, Illinois and NC State to play. Cmon guys! Hov I was talking to you earlier, PLAY ALREADY!! lmao

USF is another story...I won't elaborate right now

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

JC will be advancing for me at 10pm. Games not played will just have to accept the sim.

12. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Hey guys sorry for the delay, I advanced the dynasty for masler so get your games in. I believe he wants it to be another 48hr advance.

13. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Sorry I missed the advance. Working for the man is a bitch.

14. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I'll have to put on auto-pilot as I am gone until Sunday night at like 8. I did my recruiting but wont be able to play my game against Michigan. I put myself on Auto-pilot until I return home Sunday.

15. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Ya I've been working 12 hour shifts the past few days and barely missed the advance. Just an FYI if you see me online and I'm not playing a sports game, it's my roommates not me

16. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

[​IMG]

Terps roll the hated Clemson Tigers 42-14

This one was no contest. The Terrapins, after losing to the Tigers in past seasons, came out throwing haymakers and landed them early and often, knocking out a talented Clemson squad.

Maryland scored 21 unanswered points in the second quarter alone due to some costly turnovers by the Tigers and the Terrapins cruised to an easy victory with their offense hitting on all cylinders. Maryland converted over 70% of their 3rd down attempts for the day, controlled time of possession by a factor of 2:1 and finished the day with over 100 yards rushing and 3 rushing TDs.

QB Devin Burns 14/24 259yards 3TDs
    HB Caleb Porzel 15car 74yards 3TDs

All in all a very nice, complete game for the Terrapins.