s4 week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mikey, Mar 13, 2011.

1. mikey

mikey Walk On

well i lost connection once agin i was going to try and get it in tonight but i got to get some sleep so i will get it in tommorrow some time i thought u guys would want to know that

2. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

USM Destroys Rival ECU
    42-24
    [​IMG]

In a hard hitting game, Southern Mississippi defeats rival ECU with a rushing attack lead by Allen Howze on 25 attempts, three touchdowns and finished one shy of 200 yards. Chris Campbell had a rough game only throwing for 107 yards. He had two turnovers and one touchdown through the air. The USM defense walked away with a victory, but their heads hanged low allowing Rio Johnson to have his way with them. Rio Johnson finished with 339 yards, on 36 completions and converted 4 touchdowns through the air. Down four scores, in a late game, ECU attempted to go for two, Rio Johnson rolled out, saw daylight and attempted to run in for the conversion, only to get smacked, broke a rib, and is now out for 8 weeks.​
    Coach IMBOSSY in his post game conference said "Well I really wasn't happy that our secondary allowed Johnson to pick us apart like that. If were going to chase a CUSA championship and push for a National Championship, we need to lock down better on defense. Obviously our last weeks performance on defense was a bit of fools gold. Regardless, we won, and Howze was a howitzer out there! He showed his speed, power, and agility all game long. He was getting us 6+ YPC, so we kept feeding him. Chris Campbell didn't have a great day. He used his legs well instead of forcing balls that he shouldn't, but, he still made mistakes. We can't have two turn overs. Not on 14 attempts. Thats not going to happen again. We'll work this week to shore our passing D up and stress the importance of not turning it over."​
    Top Offensive Stats:
    [​IMG]

Game Stats:
    [​IMG]

3. NUCMANDON

NUCMANDON Program Builder

It was a very seesaw type of day for EMU. LMU would drive down the field and score on the first posession. EMU quaterback would strike on the first play with a 75 yard pass to Stratton for the TD. the next 2 possesions however would result in interceptions one being reuturned for a TD. That would send EMU into halftime down 20-10. The game would continue to go back and forth with 2:57 left in the 3rd LMU scored on a 4 yard TD pass to go ahead 27-13. It would seem that EMU was done but Senior QB Payne and EMU season passing and TD record holder just was no having it. He would throw a TD pass with 1:55 left in the 3rd to give life to the team and bring the within 7. On a 3rd and 8 EMU star LE would make his first impact of the game getting his first sack of the game forcing LMU to punt. After a drive Jr RB Wolfe would take it in from 4 yards out to tie the game with 5:16 left in the forth. LMU offense would take the field and have a long sustaining drive to run the clock down to 3:20 in the forth when they would have a 3rd and goal from the 5. When Kashama the Bednark award winning LE would make his second impact of the game sacking the QB again to force a FG attempt. EMU would drive the length of the field and Wolfe would take it once more over the goal line from 3 yards out with 16 seconds left in the game. LMU would complete a hailmary pass but for not quite enough.

Devontae Payne 29att 20comp 410yards 2TD 2INT

Dale Wolfe 20 att 58 yards 2 TD 14 Long

Lance Fields 6 rec 134 yards 0TD 36 Long
    Julius Shelby 6 103 1 26
    Joe Stratton 2 98 1 75
    Antwan Stratton 2 39 0 24
    Dale Anderson 2 30 0 16
    Joe Fleming 1 4 0 4
    Dale Wolfe 1 2 0 2